Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    As the MP who made the freedom of information request pointed out, many black students got straight A's in their A levels were overlooked for people from middle and upper class backgrounds. He said proportionately less black people were getting in...which seems to be true if places like Merton havn't had a black kid in over 5 years...I mean undergrad is only 3 years so that probably makes Merton the whitest college in Oxford :eek:
    Just going in depth on the quality of schools...

When racism was strong, black children were not allowed to enroll in higher class(better) schools. That has now been changed and all can enroll to these schools, but there may just be a stuck pattern which will take time to integrate itself.

A better example is the South African rugby team(im into rugby you see). Blacks weren't allowed to play. They are now of course, but there are only 3/4 black South African players(In a black-race dominated country). With time, im sure there will be more black players.

So if many black students are from inner city, lower quality schools, these students may be overlooked for the reason that the school itself is bad. (Thats still wrong but i'd prefer this to be the case than racism)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Ok, if this had been some white footballers who for whatever reason seemed "dodgy" and were asked to pay first... would you have cared/ be quoting this article?!
    well not if the groups of black guys of a similar age who came in were asked to pay in advance as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave Davidson)
    OMG white people being served in there country first omg omg omg
    How do you know those black people weren't born here? That would make them British too. That would make it "THEIR" country too. What makes it yours?

Idiocy.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe its because blacks have higher crime rates - Left wingers can call me racist but we all know on average blacks commit much more crimes than whites or asians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoshniDiya)
    How do you know those black people weren't born here? That would make them British too. That would make it "THEIR" country too. What makes it yours?

Idiocy.
    I think they are saying this because we are Ethnically European blacks are not so Britain belongs to us more lol.

Plus it may be sarcasm because in western countries blacks get treated better than whites or else someone screams racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Actually, myself and some of my other friends from other ethnicities make casual racism jokes to eachother all the time, to mock those who do it seriously.
    Ah, so you're a counter-racist.. the best kind of racist. Kidding of course, don't pull the race card on me(another joke, from a previous post of yours). Please don't hate me because of my silly jokes, my rep is low enough as it is.
    But seriously, how to deal with guys who make comments:
    just comment on their (obviously) bad upbringing. It'll shut them up if its a good enough remark lol. They're clearly mocking you in a bid to feel less miserable about their lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackthevillain)
    Maybe its because blacks have higher crime rates - Left wingers can call me racist but we all know on average blacks commit much more crimes than whites or asians.
    not true

ReputationRep:
    In some cases you could say they were playing the 'race card'. However in this case this is just plain racism. And i can't believe people are trying to justify the way pizza hut were acting. This is down right discrimination. There are no two ways about it.

ReputationRep:
    I think they are saying this because we are Ethnically European blacks are not so Britain belongs to us more lol.

Plus it may be sarcasm because in western countries blacks get treated better than whites or else someone screams racist.
    ***** please

ReputationRep:
    Stop making things up!

ReputationRep:
    it could have been the way they were dressed an acting?
    people are too quick to blame racism although either case is wrong

ReputationRep:
    Clearly two different people served each table, and one of them either forgot or didn't like the new rule.

ReputationRep:
    well when you go into a pub they don't say you can pay when you've finished your drink so what is all the fuss about?
    I know this was Pitza and not drinks but wtf?
    If a rowdy bunch of white guys had come in they'd have been asked to pay upfront too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    well given that they politely told the restaurant manager that they were employed and would pay after the meal like everyone else, I don't think the manager thought they were after freebies.

Manager was most probably some jumped up white guy with issues.
    Most footballers are like that though, so far up themselves that they think, wherever they go they'll be offered things 'on the house'

I don't mean that they tried to dodge paying, i just feel the staff asked for money before to show they were expected to pay, not get it free as they're 'famous'

Im wording it terribly but i hope someone gets what i mean lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    ***** please
    Affirmative action putting blacks ahead of everyone else even if they are not as clever as everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Pic related; it's OP.

ReputationRep:
    The university thing is a lie because my friend is African and he got into Oxbridge last year.

ReputationRep:

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    haha thats happened to me in hut before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyness)
    The university thing is a lie because my friend is African and he got into Oxbridge last year.
    you've obviously not read that story! It didn't say that no blacks go in, so you can't say it's a lie cos your ****ing chattin ****! Why don't you read the articles before posting such *******s? People like you do my head in....wasting bytes of memory with your garbage. STFU and go read that news article and come back and edit your trash!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.