Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your IQ?.......(Official scores only) Watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperGuy)
    a) What is your IQ? (out of interest )

b) Do you accept IQ scores (in general) as good measurements of general intelligence?
    If you don't want to know or don't care then don't click.
    a) 162 the last time I took a Mensa test (a long time ago now, I think I was about 13).
    b) It depends on how you define "general intelligence". They give an idea of how good someone's likely to be on problem-solving and other logical thinking (and verbal knowledge and association on some tests), but don't give any information on the many other kinds of 'intelligence'. Such other kinds may include 'emotional' or 'social' intelligence, which is much harder to measure.

ReputationRep:
    a) What is your IQ? (out of interest )
    Two summers ago I sat the Mensa test at express Leeds and came out with an IQ score of 163, which I'd assume has increased somewhat since then.

b) Do you accept IQ scores (in general) as good measurements of general intelligence?
    Well if I was to accept IQ scores as important, then I'd be a veritable genius, which I'm not really. So no? I think anyone with an IQ of over 120 is clever enough to maintain an intellectual conversation with though

ReputationRep:
    My IQ is higher in value than my phone number.
    Just to be clear, i was one of the earlier registered landlines so my number is 27..

Out of curiosity, are there any accurate IQ tests online? or are they all just BS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    Hahhah, No.
    Glad you agree.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    i've done many ****ty online ones in my time... i always get around 140

did a proper one once and got 135 (i think - i may be confusing that result with the numerous online ones)

ReputationRep:
    Glad you agree.
    Sorry babes, you must have some misunderstanding.

ReputationRep:
    a) Sorry but done on iqtest.com in the right conditions, 127 on 30/08/2007.
    The Facebook one gave me a much higher one like 147 which seems wrong?

b) Don't agree (probably because I got such a low score xD), seems half the people don't know what IQ stands for either, and I have pretty good general knowledge from browsing firefox with 60 tabs several hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloise987)
    Well, I was assessed by an educational psychologist type person when I was little who passed on her assessment to Mensa and I got in. Never took the actual test though so don't know my IQ.

Oh and I think it's fairly useless to be honest. Motivation and drive gets you much further. I should know, I lack both and am resolutely average.
    This. I'm the same. Never saw the point in excelling. I just do the bare minimum, whilst some guy who can hardly put a legible sentence together is getting payriaed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Something_Ironic)
    My IQ is higher in value than my phone number.
    Just to be clear, i was one of the earlier registered landlines so my number is 27..

Out of curiosity, are there any accurate IQ tests online? or are they all just BS?
    I'm sure that if you searched enough, you could find a "Mensa Home Test". The only problem with this, is that you'd have no one to mark it for you. However, you could do the test within the required time limit and then mark it yourself afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    The same reason why you see guys driving Jeeps and Land Rovers without ever driving on so much as a dirt track - small penises.
    Range rovers and jeeps look HARD !, that's why they drive them. If I could afford one I'd drive it, doesn't mean I have a small penis lol, some old fairy tales ayee

ReputationRep:
    Last time this thread appeared, the vast majority of TSR members were averaging an IQ around 140 - 150.

A load of crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    Sorry babes, you must have some misunderstanding.
    "I'm not a number."

ReputationRep:
    "I am not a number."
    ??? yes well done, you have quoted me! now leave me alone and talk to your nan.

ReputationRep:
    It's so ridiculus high, its embarrassing to mention :angel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lust of a Gardener)
    Last time this thread appeared, the vast majority of TSR members were averaging an IQ around 140 - 150.

A load of crap.
    Maybe, but those with high IQ's may be more likely to answer i.e mention their score.

You're right, the few that have answered have been in the 140 -163 range.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    ??? yes well done, you have quoted me! now leave me alone and talk to your nan.
    "I'm not a number"

ReputationRep:
    no idea i don't want to waste my money on doing an IQ test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Range rovers and jeeps look HARD !, that's why they drive them. If I could afford one I'd drive it, doesn't mean I have a small penis lol, some old fairy tales ayee
    So you're saying that erectile dysfunction, rather than simply a small penis, is the reason guys buy Jeeps?

ReputationRep:
    mine came down to infinity the last time i checked it :P:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.