Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Just like Thatchers bullion 'oopsy'?
    Thatcher more than made up for anything "bad" she did by crushing the workers and ******* the peasants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miiiiil)

How about GPs who get paid in excess of £100k and work 9-5 with a 3 hour lunch break?
    I know! i mean bankers help way more people than GPs do

pah what use is diagnosing a potentially fatal disease when you can gain money off another shareholder's loss?

ReputationRep:
    *******s. That article is utter rubbish. The average banker does not receive millions of pounds in bonuses. They probably deserve a higher salary for working like a DOG, averaging around 70 hours a week id guess. I hate when people generalise 'bankers' as all being paid ridiculous amounts of money and all being responsible for the credit crunch.

How about GPs who get paid in excess of £100k and work 9-5 with a 3 hour lunch break?
    That's just bull**** altogether. My uncle is a GP, he sometimes works 5am-9pm, six days a week. He gets about five minutes for lunch. You're full of ****

ReputationRep:
    Bloody article. Brown's title is "Dr."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planar)
    That's just bull**** altogether. My uncle is a GP, he sometimes works 5am-9pm, six days a week. He gets about five minutes for lunch. You're full of ****
    GP's? I can guarantee you that he does not work those hours. And guess who's tax dollars pay his salary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awm55)
    GP's? I can guarantee you that he does not work those hours. And guess who's tax dollars pay his salary?
    How can guarantee that? By living in his house for a few weeks, like I did? By doing work experience with him, like I did?
    And what's wrong with tax money going to sort out the nation's health? I think that's about the best way to spend money.

And sort out your grammar, it pains me

ReputationRep:
    I think that I have closer understanding of the matter, considering BOTH OF MY PARENTS are GPs. I lived with them longer than you have lived with your uncle, I dare say...

ReputationRep:
    I think that I have closer understanding of the matter, considering BOTH OF MY PARENTS are GPs. I lived with them longer than you have lived with your uncle, I dare say...
    "How about GPs who get paid in excess of £100k and work 9-5 with a 3 hour lunch break?"

Does this sound like your parents? I don't think so

ReputationRep:
    Yes, actually. That is why I said it... It's not hard to understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    oh, have you not heard?

The 'workers' are the lifeblood of our economy, all people earning over £35kpa are part of the parasitical ruling class whose only desire is to keep the 'workers' subservient to them and their every whim, whilst quaffing champagne in an ivory tower. This is why the evil tories are 'targeting' the 'most vunerable' through their 'ideologically driven' 'destruction' and 'obliteration' of the welfare state...

-----------------------------------------

Back in reality, IIRC:

Financial services contribute ~20% of all corporation tax collected int he UK
    The highest earning 1% of society pay over 25% of all income tax collected
    the highest earning 10% of society pay over 50% of all income tax collected
    The lowest earning 50% of society's contribution to the tax pot is 10% of the total.
    The lowest earning 70% of society are a net financial loss to the government - having more spent on that than they contribute.

But who cares about facts when we can 'show solidarity with good honest working men'......
    Where are those figures from? I'm not disputing them at all - they seem alright to me.

ReputationRep:
    "How about GPs who get paid in excess of £100k and work 9-5 with a 3 hour lunch break?"

Does this sound like your parents? I don't think so
    lol just give up mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VENJA)
    lol just give up mate

I think not

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.