Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It looks siiiiick. May see it next week, looks so orgasmic in full 1080P HD if you've seen the trailer like that, watching it in an Imax? It may just melt your eyes from the sheer visual awesomeness but the experience would be well worth it

The trailers look immense. Ok I'll be honest, I hadn't heard of Tron until I saw this thread and the trailer so I'm currently searching for a link so I can buy/watch the first film.

The only thing I can't understand is why they chose to make a sequel instead of a remake (as is usually the way)? I mean not many people will remember or have even seen the first one?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sleekchic)
      The trailers look immense. Ok I'll be honest, I hadn't heard of Tron until I saw this thread and the trailer so I'm currently searching for a link so I can buy/watch the first film.

The only thing I can't understand is why they chose to make a sequel instead of a remake (as is usually the way)? I mean not many people will remember or have even seen the first one?
      If you have skyplayer its on there

If not disney have been ***** and pulled back any copies on sale.

(Original post by cambo211)
        If you have skyplayer its on there

If not disney have been ***** and pulled back any copies on sale.
        I'm currently downloading it now.

I don't have skyplayer but how does it work? I've had a look at the site but I'm still unsure.

ReputationRep:
        I'm currently downloading it now.

I don't have skyplayer but how does it work? I've had a look at the site but I'm still unsure.
        If you have Sky TV and the Sky Movies package you can access a huge selection of films, legally, from that website on demand.

I believe you can still access it if you don't have Sky or Sky Movies but you have to pay.

ReputationRep:
        The original film was about computers when very few people really understood them; if you were to retell that story today it would be very patronising, whereas the sequel gives them the opportunity to adapt the story to one where it's relevant.

(Original post by Phalanges)
          The original film was about computers when very few people really understood them; if you were to retell that story today it would be very patronising, whereas the sequel gives them the opportunity to adapt the story to one where it's relevant.
          Ok that makes sense but why aren't they worried that people might not want to watch it because it's a sequel or that'll be 'left out' so to speak or that many won't be able to watch the orginal film before seeing the sequel?

ReputationRep:
          Ok that makes sense but why aren't they worried that people might not want to watch it because it's a sequel or that'll be 'left out' so to speak or that many won't be able to watch the orginal film before seeing the sequel?
          Because from the trailers and the name of the film it doesn't appear as a trailer to the vast majority.

Any relevant parts from the original will be linked in so people who haven't seen it know what it means.

ReputationRep:
          I think they are more worried that people will see the really outdated graphics from the original and not bother to see this.

I would imagine Disney have intended not to allow access to the original for a while, so they'll be enough exposition in there to get acquainted with the characters as very few of the audience will have seen the first (like you say). Also they're not advertising it heavily as a sequel, so I guess they're trying not to push it so that people go and see it without necessarily realising they've already missed out on 90 minutes of backstory.

Although it is worth pointing out that in Legacy you're viewing it from a character's perspective who wasn't aware of the events of the first, so no doubt those events will be explained to him at some point.

The most recent trailer seemed to have it pretty much nailed, it made a ton of sense to those who had seen the original instantly and yet it also did a pretty good expository job to those new to the series without seeming fatuous or patronising.

ReputationRep:

I found it on youtube :awesome:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK-Nw-rBac8

ReputationRep:
          Bit disappointed the reviews so far haven't exactly been brilliant, but will of course reserve judgment until I see it. Still looking forward to the spectacle nonetheless

Only a few more days. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
            Being a huge fan of the original, I'm really looking forward to this! (Already booked tickets for the first viewing in my local Cineworld ) I have to say that I love the OST so far, 'Derezzed' is catchy as hell and I also like the track 'The Game has changed'!

Going to see it on Friday.
              • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
              Going to see it on Friday.
              Same! :five:

ReputationRep:
              I'm seeing it on Friday at 00:01 :awesome:

I'm seeing it on Saturday at 21.15 in IMAX. :awesome:

Spoiler:
                Show
                Length of penis isn't growing.

ReputationRep:
                This time tomorrow I'll be watching Tron :awesome:

ReputationRep:
                NEXT Thursday evening at iMax

ReputationRep:
                God dammit I need to book a ticket to see this at IMAX!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
              What newspaper do you read/prefer?
              Useful resources
            • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
              Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.