Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As retakes, A2 revision, history coursework..so so stressed. AM I ALONEE?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JNuttall)
    Im going for an A hopefully i got D in unit 1 and 2 econ last year it took a while to "click" for me as its so theoretical rather than applicable to real life, it "clicked" in unit 3 hhah. hard luck regarding the 4 marks off lol. the multiple choice lost me loads of marks .

As for History im on a B from last year, but i got a C in unit 2.

Not so good lol havent done any history revision, ive done some unit 1 econ and a bit of business unit 1(but thats not a priority as im already on an A).
    Last year i did a timeline of all the significant events in the time period found that quite helpful. Wbu have you done much revision?
    lol, im on a d on history! i got an e in unit 1, and c n unit 2 ( i didnt finish unit 2 though)

so damnn ( no, no revision..but im good at answering questionsin unit 2 i guess..so aiming for a in that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpneeded-a)
    lol, im on a d on history! i got an e in unit 1, and c n unit 2 ( i didnt finish unit 2 though)

so damnn ( no, no revision..but im good at answering questionsin unit 2 i guess..so aiming for a in that
    Fair enough, compared to the French Revolution stuffs were doing now id say the Italian and German stuff is a hell of a lot easier to get into the top grade band you should do fine

ReputationRep:
    A2 coursework for history, 3500 words, Monday
    EPQ, 5000 words, Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    Have you heard from anywhere else?(where else did you apply?)

It wasnt the biggest let down for me, I had a conditional offer from warwick which is where I want to go before I got acknowledgement from oxford, so I was happy whatever the outcome. Plus my grades were:poo:
    Yeah, well I applied to Oxford [fail lol], Manchester, Reading, Royal Holloway and Chichester and I have offers from Manc, Reading and Chichester so I suppose I was feeling like what you felt, that I got an offer from Manc which I was thrilled with so whatever the outcome, you just have to deal with it I suppose...

Ohhh well done on Warwick Lol, my GCSE's were pretty strong...As' not so strong but predictions were high....so I'm putting it down to As' lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm in exactly the same position (apart from economics...)

I used to love History but over the last year and a half I've just got worse and worse...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stef.strawbs.123)
    Yeah, well I applied to Oxford [fail lol], Manchester, Reading, Royal Holloway and Chichester and I have offers from Manc, Reading and Chichester so I suppose I was feeling like what you felt, that I got an offer from Manc which I was thrilled with so whatever the outcome, you just have to deal with it I suppose...

Ohhh well done on Warwick Lol, my GCSE's were pretty strong...As' not so strong but predictions were high....so I'm putting it down to As' lol
    lol sounds like a good range of universities you have there, im guessing that oxford want all A's and chichester want a few B's? lol ahh well, we all need a safety net, to make sure we get to uni.

thanks, congratz on your manchester offer aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JNuttall)
    Fair enough, compared to the French Revolution stuffs were doing now id say the Italian and German stuff is a hell of a lot easier to get into the top grade band you should do fine
    I find the british foriegn policy stuff we're doingnow much much easier. It's also so much more interesting too

ReputationRep:
    same! What course do you wan ytto do? oh, life is so hard for us right now!
    Physics ..Msci at Cardiff, Nottingham, Bristol or Southampton with a BSc backup in Cardiff listed.

ReputationRep:
    I just have so much work to do, i started crying over it earlier. theres pressure for me to get AAB/ ABB and all A's in my AS retakes.
    I have 5 exams, and history coursework for january. and i have my A2work too
    Ive started As revision, but just lightly.
    The history coursework on Russia is teh biggest thig on my plate atm. Our teacher wants us to have our draft done by next week, knowing that the majority of us have not started the research we need out of 5-8 books.

How do i read 5-8 books in a week and a half?! I know getting off tsr would be a good thing, but i stress alot, and this is the way i can let it out and feel better!
    I dont know how im going to do history coursework, as and a2 exams revision in december for jan any hope?
    Who else has this much, or more- how are you coping? any tips on how i cna cope?

And i have an economics moc on thursday on the global economy case study (a2) tips on how i cna revise everything for thursday, i know nothing in eco.
    I know exactly how you feel I've got My Unit 4 Physics and a Unit 2 resit, C1, C2 & C3 Maths to do! And my Britain resit My coursework is on Ireland and our question is to what extent are social factors a cause of the troubles in the past ONE HUNDRED years! We gave our first draft in last week and got told it was really bad and now we have until next thursday to do the whole thing :| Try using google books for your quotes and stuff because then you can search the book without reading all the way through it, thats what i've been doing anyway

ReputationRep:
    oh my god! Good luck have you started yoru revision for exams?
    Thank you

Yes.. today.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's fair to say you aren't alone

ReputationRep:
    I know EXACTLY how you feel, it sounds odd but I panic about my upcoming exams every night I'm just so worried.
    I have 6 exams in January, History C/w (I'm doing Russia too) and an EPQ which I have done pretty much jack **** on.

I have:
    AS History X 2 (Women's Suffrage & Germany Nazi/Reunification) I got a C in both, felt the need to retake but I wish I'd left one until June now.
    AS Business Studies (Not worried, it's easy as long as I actually revise this time round)
    AS Law (This is going to be very hit and miss because WJEC is a *****)
    A2 Law
    A2 Business Studies

ARGH I'm going mad. To make matters worse I have made no notes whatsoever on my AS topics so I've been typing up whole courses since September and still haven't finished (Still half of womens suffrage to go and ALL of business studies).

Rant over :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellie220)
    I know EXACTLY how you feel, it sounds odd but I panic about my upcoming exams every night I'm just so worried.
    I have 6 exams in January, History C/w (I'm doing Russia too) and an EPQ which I have done pretty much jack **** on.

I have:
    AS History X 2 (Women's Suffrage & Germany Nazi/Reunification) I got a C in both, felt the need to retake but I wish I'd left one until June now.
    AS Business Studies (Not worried, it's easy as long as I actually revise this time round)
    AS Law (This is going to be very hit and miss because WJEC is a *****)
    A2 Law
    A2 Business Studies

ARGH I'm going mad. To make matters worse I have made no notes whatsoever on my AS topics so I've been typing up whole courses since September and still haven't finished (Still half of womens suffrage to go and ALL of business studies).

Rant over :cool:
    Atleast you've made notes! I think i'll be okay for history unit 2, as its nto much revision, but history unit 1..oh, so much to do! i've gone through one chapter thats it.
    And i have politics unit 2, i guess my revision will start tomorrow for that as i have revision class then, and and....A2 economics! I have a moc test for it tomorrow and i kinda cheated and took the questions from my friend in the other eco class, so i'm just planning on how i can answer them and get full marks- but, just can't find where the info is in the book!
    And history coursework....my teacher wanted me to read conclusions x 2 (around 12 pages each) for tomorrow, and summarise it! I can't handlee thissssssssssssssssssssssssss.

ReputationRep:
    sort of in a similar boat
    stay calm...stress makes it worse seriuosly

make sure you know stuff thoroughly...put your a2 before your as tho

Does anybody know what the As Early Modern History January Retake topic may be?
      i have sooo much aswell. its a nightmare and im under soo much pressure.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.