Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most Motivational Films ever - Vote Watch

• View Poll Results: Film(s) you found the most motivational !?
    The pursuit of happiness
    33.66%
    The Shawshank Redemption
    39.60%
    Seven Pounds
    5.94%
    Forest Gump
    21.78%
    Crazy Heart
    1.98%
    The Social Network
    13.86%
    8 mile
    10.89%
    Pay It Forward
    4.95%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrt23498)
    The Day after Tomorrow has shaped me, made me a liberal
    How so ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Something_Ironic)
    OxfordGo...(sarcastically) says he's motivated to commit murder and you allow him to explain that he was kidding. I jokingly said the thread could close after my opinion and was instantly negged. Fair.
    A joke is supposed to be humourous. Given that your post wasn't in the slightest please stop referring to it as such.

ReputationRep:
    How can you not have Rocky in the list???

I would say Seven Pounds. Great film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    A joke is supposed to be humourous. Given that your post wasn't in the slightest please stop referring to it as such.
    Well, my friend, i apologise for my pathetic attempt at being humourous.

ReputationRep:
    Grizzly Man inspired me to go be eaten by bears.

What does Shawshank Redemption inspire people to do, make awesome movies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    Inspiration to do what? Go off like an idiot into the country, totally unprepared and get yourself killed?

I vote for Shawshank- "get busy living or get busy dying"
    lol I really hope you're joking here...yeah there are people who say what he did was naive and stupid...BUT the fact that he abandoned all his things and went to search for enlightenment I find is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how a film like Requiem For A Dream can motivate you. Motivate you for what? Losing faith in your dreams and turning to drugs for comfort? I'd like to suggest Battlefield Earth as it motivated me to turn the TV off within 5 minutes of it playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam Ben)
    lol I really hope you're joking here...yeah there are people who say what he did was naive and stupid...BUT the fact that he abandoned all his things and went to search for enlightenment I find is amazing.
    I'm not joking at all. Sure, give up all your money to charity, that's nice, and looking for "enlightenment" is fair enough too. But going into the Alaskan countryside totally unprepared is just stupidity. I don't see why he couldn't have taken a map on his quest for enlightenment (if I remember correctly, there was actually a hospital pretty close to where he died).
    Anyways, obviously different people are inspired by different things, I just personally think he was a bit daft, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    ^^ this

Out of this list I voted Shawshank Redemption

ReputationRep:
    for me it was: "a beautiful mind"

ReputationRep:
    The Shawshank Redemption, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Pay it Forward is amazing.
    /

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    I'm not joking at all. Sure, give up all your money to charity, that's nice, and looking for "enlightenment" is fair enough too. But going into the Alaskan countryside totally unprepared is just stupidity. I don't see why he couldn't have taken a map on his quest for enlightenment (if I remember correctly, there was actually a hospital pretty close to where he died).
    Anyways, obviously different people are inspired by different things, I just personally think he was a bit daft, tbh.
    Of course he could of survived had he thought things through properly. The fact of the matter is abandoned his possessions and went after something he wanted. Furthermore, maybe it's just me but I find what he did very appealing, as he decided to leave society and in order to live a life of simplicity.

But I could never did what he did, and thats why I admire him, because he actually did what I could only dream of doing.

Maybe you don't understand where I'm coming from here, and that's to be expected I can understand why you would think he's a complete idiot, and to some extent he probably is, but it still doesn't hinder what he achieved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    The Collective:

- ROAM
    - SEASONS

New World Disorder:

- NWD 8
    - NWD 9
    - NWD 10

(The first 7 aren't too great).

Anthill Films:

- Follow Me

Stance Films:

- Life Cycles

(The best goddamn trailer I've ever seen!)

The world's best downhill, free-ride, all mountain, dirt jumping, trials biking, BMX and street riders stoking everyone to start biking since 2004. Want to start riding? Watch the films.

They've been my motivational films for years. Showed me what I had to do in life, showed me the way in which to do that, got me stoked to ride every, single time... Yeah, those are my most motivational films of all time.

Maybe a bit specific to biking ...
    Are they motivational in the wider sense for you ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Touching The Void is not well known, but by god it's inspiring:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touching_The_Void
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchin...oid_%28film%29

ReputationRep:
    Why has no-one suggested the IRON GIANT (love that film don't care what anybodys says!!!)
    or
    What Dreams May Come :'(
    or
    UP (How freakin sad is that film!!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)

I would say Seven Pounds. Great film.
    It's on the list now!

Which Rocky film did you prefer ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just-Some-Guy)
    Why has no-one suggested the IRON GIANT (love that film don't care what anybodys says!!!)
    or
    What Dreams May Come :'(
    or
    UP (How freakin sad is that film!!!!!)
    Remember it's about Motivational films, not sad ones ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Touching The Void is not well known, but by god it's inspiring:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touching_The_Void
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchin...oid_%28film%29
    Never heard of it, I'm adding it to the list!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitheuk)
    Never heard of it, I'm adding it to the list!
    Thank you kindly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.