Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The first thing that makes you realise it's Christmas? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I dont have a TV this year so no coke advert for me (would have sad smiley but dont know how)
    However last week we had a lecture cancelled in the middle of the day so we had 3 hours off in the middle. Some of us went into town. All the shops were Christmassy, and the lights were on and it was snowing quite nicely and i though CHRISTMAS YAY!

ReputationRep:
    Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody.

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    Hearing Christmas music in the shops! Although they were playing Christmas songs in New Look in early November, which threw me off track a little bit..

ReputationRep:
    My penis goes into hibernation.:pierre:

ReputationRep:
    My birthday (first day of advent).

ReputationRep:
    When my friends start talking about Christmas, I realise we are in October. When it hits December 1st, and they start their Christmas countdowns, I realise it is the 'Holiday season'. When I wake up at 7.00 on Christmas Day because my 13 year old brother is still as excited about Christmas as he was when he was 3...then I realise it's Christmas.

Christmas ends promptly when I sit down after dinner and lament the fact that there is bugger all on telly, and there is only the prospect of an entire week of turkey sandwiches, turkey curry, cold cuts, trifle, and sugary nonsense...which leads into the next year when I never want to see another turkey, goose or duck for 359 days.

ReputationRep:
    Cocacola ad, of course

ReputationRep:
    "Merry Christmas Everyone" at shops and school, smell of tangerins

ReputationRep:
    When the BBC do the special christmas themed advert intro to their schedule..

ReputationRep:
    The first time i hear a christmas song. Either that or seeing the toys r us advert.

ReputationRep:
    When I started hearing all the really crap versions of classic Christmas songs when I was working in Card Factory. Though that was several months ago......

ReputationRep:
    When I wake up in the morning, look at my clock-radio, and realise that it is 25th december.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.