Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

single people - do you think you will still be single this time next year? Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, yes.
    I'd rather that weren't the case though.

(Original post by mc1000)
      I'm 20. Statistically speaking, I'm not going to have another girlfriend for 12 years
      Please elaborate...

ReputationRep:
      Almost certainly. I'm not anti-being in a relationship, but I like my space and I find everyone I meet too clingy. This includes the guy who assured me he hated couples who lived in each other's pockets and that he was independent, and then started texting me every single day asking what I was up to and wanting to meet up twice a week. :begone:

ReputationRep:
      Yes.

ReputationRep:
      I've been single all my life and I don't think it's likely to change by this time next year. I'm not really too bothered about it, I'll start worrying when I'm in my 30s and still single. I don't think it helps that I don't really meet many guys unless I'm out in town and drunk and when I'm drunk I'm very nervous around guys I don't already know due to a bad experience.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ch0llima)
      Please elaborate...

(Original post by shinytoy)
      what?? why?
      I am currently 20. My first (and only) girlfriend I had was when I was 16. Last relationship ended when I was 16. It was 16 years until my first relationship. Statistically, unless there is a break in the 'trend' (and yes, I know that this is a likelihood, considering the majority of people), it will be 16 years from this relationship until my second relationship - when I am 32. 32 - 12 = 20. The age I am now.

Yes, I know I'm pretentious :P

ReputationRep:
      I'd like to think I won't be. Have a hectic year ahead: am finishing uni, graduating, going travelling for a few months over summer and then diving into the world of work... can only wait and see I guess, would be lovely though after being single for so long!

ReputationRep:
      Why buy the cow when you're getting the milk?

ReputationRep:
      Yep..

ReputationRep:
      yeah I always dump a girl on december 1st so i dont have to buy a christmas present

ReputationRep:
      :dontknow: i'm not too fussed either way tbh, i'm only 19, plenty of time to have relationships and what not. Right now i'm focusing on my degree.

ReputationRep:
      I've been single for the past 20 years, I see no reason why next year will be any different.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by failingatm)
      Yes, because I'm a douche.
      That's one word for describing you :sexface:

ReputationRep:
      For the first time, I can kind of see maybe not being single this time next year. Though even thinking about a future/relationship/not ballsing everything up has probably ruined it, somehow. (yay, paranoia)

ReputationRep:
      Probably. I'll be 3 months or so into a year in Copenhagen this time next year, so I doubt I'll be in a serious relationship.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TheSownRose)
      I'm asexual
      Shame, I liked you.

Hopefully I'll still be single, hard to be when you're this awesome.

It's a tough life, but you just gotta ride that burden

ReputationRep:
      Probably.

ReputationRep:
      Like someone said earlier, this time last year I would never have expected to be single now. So I really don't know what life will throw my way. If I'm single this time next year I'm fairly sure I'll be as happy about it as I am now (which is very).

ReputationRep:
      Oh... and I'm not even having any luck on dating websites... FML. I'm just meant to be single then I'm guessing :emo:

ReputationRep:
      I'd love to settle down with a boyfriend but I probably think I will still be single in a year, I'm really picky. Also the group of friends I've made at uni so far - can't see any of them being boyfriend material! And atm it seems kind of impossible to expand my friends beyond those I've got atm but I'm happy

But you never know things may change in a year!

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.