Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's more probable that God is black, so why is he depicted as Caucasian? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student#254)
    Why does God or Jesus have to be Caucasian?

We originated from Africa, so therefore, there's a greater probability that God is black. In fact if there were a God, i'd say 99% he black or of African decent since that's where humans evolved from.

It's down to European superiority and evangelism spreaded through imperialism that we depict God in such an arbitrary and ignorant way.

Though 'God' is just a human concept. The Universe has no place for God as we portray him; though there could be an ethereal force yest undiscovered. A force that bathes in the dark abyss of higher dimensions. The force is all around us. We are that force.

God is a paradox. Mathematics does not support paradoxes. If there were a God, who created him... and so on. Therefore, the chance that there was an original creator decreases. So the universe must have been created through chance events; not a creators vision.

Ok I admit that I have no idea what I'm talking about from about in the third paragraph, but my original point still stands - 'If there were a God, he is likely to be black.'

You talk about God always being depicted as white, but in the same post you're like "he.. he... he"... why is God allowed to be thought of as being male, but not as being white?

ReputationRep:
    Poor, poor troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighestKungFu)
    Black Jesus: "I rode into town on an ass...yo' momma's ass".
    Pahaha. Repped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    You talk about God always being depicted as white, but in the same post you're like "he.. he... he"... why is God allowed to be thought of as being male, but not as being white?
    I dunno, maybe cos its faster to write 'he'

ReputationRep:
    Why does God have to be human?

We originated from fish so therefore, there's a greater probability that God is a fish. In fact if there were a God, i'd say 99% he fish or of water-dwelling decent since that's where humans evolved from.

It's down to human superiority and evangelism spreaded through imperialism that we depict God in such an arbitrary and ignorant way.

Though 'God' is just a human concept. The Universe has no place for God as we portray him; though there could be an ethereal force yest undiscovered. A force that bathes in the dark abyss of higher dimensions. The force is all around us. A fish would be able to swim through that force better than a primate.

God is a paradox. Mathematics does not support paradoxes. If there were a God, who created him... and so on. Therefore, the chance that there was an original creator decreases. So the universe must have been created through chance events; not a creators vision. However, fish are stupid, so maybe God exists but is a fish?

Ok I admit that I have no idea what I'm talking about from about in the third paragraph, but my original point still stands - 'If there were a God, he is likely to be a fish.'

ReputationRep:
    People will find it easier to understand concepts they are already familiar with - God is a complex being so portraying him as whichever race is probably for the believer's convenience. Also, as he is omnipotent he must be able to change his appearance whenever he wants (in the unlikely even that he takes human form). I don't think it's particularly important as God as a creator would not be human, more a force. But yes, Jesus of Nazareth probably wasn't white

ReputationRep:
    God is neither black, nor white. But GREEN!!

ReputationRep:
    If God took on a tangible form, he'd look human.

He did create man in his image, after all.

Or so the myth goes...

ReputationRep:
    Its more probable that he didnt exist :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    It's more probable that God is a fictional construct, so he could be drawn as a gazelle for all I give a ****

ReputationRep:
    You're an idiot.
    Your post is stupid and I hate you.
    That is all.

ReputationRep:
    God isn't human so he wouldn't be black or white.

ReputationRep:
    God isn't human, he doesn't have a skin colour at all, and he can't be accurately depicted through image. Jesus wasn't black either, he was from modern day Israel, and so he would have been of Middle Eastern ethnicity.
    You will find that throughout the world Jesus is usually depicted as the skin colour of the people who are drawing him. In African art Jesus is usually seen as dark skinned, in Western Europe light skinned, in the East somewhere in between. It would be incorrect to suggest that Jesus is usually depicted as being light skinned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    God is neither black, nor white. But GREEN!!
    Haha, was just going to post this :')
    Love South Park :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)
    Why does God have to be human?

We originated from fish so therefore, there's a greater probability that God is a fish. In fact if there were a God, i'd say 99% he fish or of water-dwelling decent since that's where humans evolved from.

It's down to human superiority and evangelism spreaded through imperialism that we depict God in such an arbitrary and ignorant way.

Though 'God' is just a human concept. The Universe has no place for God as we portray him; though there could be an ethereal force yest undiscovered. A force that bathes in the dark abyss of higher dimensions. The force is all around us. A fish would be able to swim through that force better than a primate.

God is a paradox. Mathematics does not support paradoxes. If there were a God, who created him... and so on. Therefore, the chance that there was an original creator decreases. So the universe must have been created through chance events; not a creators vision. However, fish are stupid, so maybe God exists but is a fish?

Ok I admit that I have no idea what I'm talking about from about in the third paragraph, but my original point still stands - 'If there were a God, he is likely to be a fish.'
    What make you think that it ''must''. Also, why should God be a fish. If anything, God should be a single cell according to your logic

ReputationRep:
    you obviously haven't seen bruce almighty...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    What make you think that it ''must''. Also, why should God be a fish. If anything, God should be a single cell according to your logic
    Oh my God, you are right.

Wait. New theory. God is primordial soup. This may also help converting other people - look how well the Flying Spaghetti Monster has sold just because He sounds tasty.

ReputationRep:
    I am God and I'm not black. just to verify.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)
    Oh my God, you are right.

Wait. New theory. God is primordial soup. This may also help converting other people - look how well the Flying Spaghetti Monster has sold just because He sounds tasty.
    Why stop at a primodorial soup, how about God is a proton, or a quark? But where did they come from. Therefore I guess God must be God. Makes sense :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    God, insofar as he has a "personality" or "personal attributes" was made in the image of man.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.