Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British girls, what do you think about foreign men? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    It's always been a fantasy of mine to have a rendezvous with a Eastern-European carpenter called Mateusz.
    Mateus has no Z.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beadle's About)
    As the title says. I know a lot of British get annoyed by all the foreigners that are in the UK, but what do you think of foreign men e.g. Polish, Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Indian, who speak English with a foreign accent?

I've got a Polish friend who's a student and he says he doesn't tell girls he's Polish because he thinks British women don't like the Polish.
    Presumably if many (most?) British women are annoyed by foreign men in the UK surely they would prefer to see the back of them rather than have romantic relations with them?

ReputationRep:
    As the title says. I know a lot of British get annoyed by all the foreigners that are in the UK, but what do you think of foreign men e.g. Polish, Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Indian, who speak English with a foreign accent?

I've got a Polish friend who's a student and he says he doesn't tell girls he's Polish because he thinks British women don't like the Polish.
    British girls are pretty uggerz tho... although they are rich, if you want some dough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    Mateus has no Z.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateusz

One of my Polish students (I'm a TEFL teacher at a school) is called 'Mateusz', with a Z. But he's 12 so that would be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    They own a lot of bacalhau and body hair.

That's about it

:P
    greeks and Italians are hairier, and it's the been years since I've heard/read the word bacalhau

Starts having flashbacks of when he was younger...

:moon: good times

ReputationRep:
    FOBs

ReputationRep:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateusz

One of my Polish students (I'm a TEFL teacher at a school) is called 'Mateusz', with a Z. But he's 12 so that would be wrong.
    I apoligise then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    I apoligise then.
    It's all good, I wasn't the person who negged you btw

ReputationRep:
    It's all good, I wasn't the person who negged you btw
    No problem, I'm kinda used to it

ReputationRep:

tbh it dipends what contrie they from eg, italians are buff and americans , greeks , australians & caribeans tht probly about it xxx

ReputationRep:
    nowt wrong with polish people x

ReputationRep:
    You only have to look at the national football teams of each of these countries to see that there is considerable variation in attractiveness.

It works the same for females, I knew some Eastern European girls at uni who basically looked like men. But the internets had made me think Eastern European girls were all gorgeous and if you put a camera in front of them they got steadily more and more naked in each picture.

ReputationRep:
    I love most foreign accents, so it's all good. Spanish, Italian, American... :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Guys of every nationality can be ugly.
    And also hot.

But I have to say, and trying not to be offensive here, but some foreign guys at least where I live really tend to stare/leer at girls a lot (including myself hence why I noticed in the first place). It's pretty creepy.

ReputationRep:
    i love different accents... especially italian and french speaking english...

but polish is cool too.

ReputationRep:
    From experience... The Italian was 8.5/10. The Frenchman was a 7/10 (would have been a 5, but it was in such a comical situation he gets bonus points!). The Swiss was a 4/10. The Spaniard was a 7/10. British men... Well, I've had anything from a 2 to a 10!! :p:

On a more serious note, all of the "romantic" languages (such as French/Italian/Spanish) sound ridiculously hot... But really it doesn't come down to where they come from, but what they are like as a person.. I would be more put off by someone who was not confident in their own background, and acted as though they were embarrassed by it, than someone because they came from Poland.

I was born in Amsterdam, I have a London accent and I live in Liverpool.

So thats usually an automatic +2 when it comes to talking to the ladies!

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really matter. Some accents are nicer than others though, for instance, Irish accents are... :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lynds81)
    From experience... The Italian was 8.5/10. The Frenchman was a 7/10 (would have been a 5, but it was in such a comical situation he gets bonus points!). The Swiss was a 4/10. The Spaniard was a 7/10. British men... Well, I've had anything from a 2 to a 10!! :p:

On a more serious note, all of the "romantic" languages (such as French/Italian/Spanish) sound ridiculously hot... But really it doesn't come down to where they come from, but what they are like as a person.. I would be more put off by someone who was not confident in their own background, and acted as though they were embarrassed by it, than someone because they came from Poland.
    Crikey...how many foreign men have you been with?!! Not that I'm judging you, like!

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is "foreign" or a more derogatory term, a "freshy". He wasn't born here and came into the country about a year ago.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.