Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which era would you like to live in? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    Ancient Greece, all that geometry and man-boy love :love:
    It does bring joy to one's heart :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloop)
    I was discussing this with my housemates last night.. Interesting to hear everyone's preference!

So there we go, the question is simple; if you could have the choice, which era would you want to live in, and why?

I would LOVE to have been around in Tudor times.. Completely fascinated by it! (My friends think that's mental; They all said the 50s or 60s!)
    Napoleonic era. I would love to be a colonel of the foot in the C18th!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the Victorian era, since it produced some of my favourite literature.
    And I have a bit of an addiction to corsets

I wouldn't have minded living through the 70's either though! Missed out on a lot of fun by being a 90's child...

ReputationRep:
    JAZZ AGE!!!

late 50's... Miles Davis, Coltrane, The Bird, Duke. What the **** could be better!!

I'd be in a Harlem jazz club drinking whiskey, smoking a joint, and listening to some smooth MD...

ReputationRep:
    oh yes the Tudors would be fascinating!!:grin: I also wouldn't mind living in the 1920s

ReputationRep:
    Either Ancient Rome (bless those men in gladiator armor... yum!) or in the time of the Vikings. Anything in the BC's, really, when life was so different yet enchanting to us today.

ReputationRep:
    The era when Vikings first came over, and i'd like to be a Viking :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Um the 50s. People seemed to meet, get married, have babies and live happy ever after.

That doesn't happen these days. Nobody seems to say together anymore, and the whole institution of marriage is given up way too easily. Tis sad.

ReputationRep:
    deffinatly the state of nature (before civilisation) being a caveman must rocked,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    Um the 50s. People seemed to meet, get married, have babies and live happy ever after.

That doesn't happen these days. Nobody seems to say together anymore, and the whole institution of marriage is given up way too easily. Tis sad.
    amen to that, my dad's parents will be celebrating their 58th wedding anniversary this year

as for my parents... they split up when i was 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    amen to that, my dad's parents will be celebrating their 58th wedding anniversary this year

as for my parents... they split up when i was 6
    Yeah my parents split when I was 3/4.

My Dads parents were celebrating their almost 50th I think (my Grandad died fairly young).

58 years, wow, good on them!

ReputationRep:
    Islamic Golden Age, between 7th and the 13th century.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    Either Ancient Rome (bless those men in gladiator armor... yum!) or in the time of the Vikings. Anything in the BC's, really, when life was so different yet enchanting to us today.

Just move to Africa.

ReputationRep:
    The 1950s. Great music. Great fashion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    You've been playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood right? :teehee:
    Good thinking but no actually- I've never played the series. Just the general idea of living during the renaissance in the country in which it originated. But, come to think of it, America in the 19th century would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    UC 0079.

ReputationRep:
    My first thought was the Victorian era,as it has always fascinated me,from reading Oliver Twist to going to museums,but I dont think it was a great era to be a woman then,not one of the worst,but hardly the best either..so probably the forties.

ReputationRep:
    The 60s so I could be a hippy, experiment with drugs and have casual sex with various partners.
    Or maybe the early-mid 90s, I like most of the music from that era. Not like now when music is ****. I was born in 1992 so I'm not old enough to remember any of it. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    renesance italy i think its amazing as long as you were rich

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    Middle ages.
    Crusades, wars. Damn, good era to be a man, for sure.
    Exactly this. Obviously fighting for a just cause though..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.