Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why have you NOT tried cannabis? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I will at some point,
    I'm still waiting for the oppurtune moment to arise!

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the smell. Drugs in general have just never appealed to me.

ReputationRep:
    Not interested. Drugs don't appeal to me. Don't smoke, and don't know anyone who knows anything about cannabis for that matter. So I wouldn't even know how to get it if I tried. And it's against the law.

ReputationRep:
    People on TSR are generally the nerdy type who are more concerned with learning and such...

You'd expect that intelligence means an ability to consider drugs and their effects ratrationally and objectivley and not simply rely on what the government or their parents are feeding them.. but no.

Edit: Bongboy, TSR doesn't represent the general population so just don't listen to those who are anti-drugs

ReputationRep:
    I only do legal drugs so that's why I visit Amsterdam.

ReputationRep:
    Some people just don't feel the need to - I think it's fair enough, each to their own.

That said, I don't like people looking down on me and telling me it's wrong & bad when they've never tried it themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Einstein)
    Weed is less addictive than those things, especially cigarrettes.....

*and unless you are extremely weak minded you will not become addicted to it....
    I'm one of the the extremely weak minded people aforementioned. Coupled with an impulsive and compulsive behavioural defect, I think i'd rather steer clear.:headbang: <-- irrelevant I know but I quite like this smiley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    No ****, but by Krov's logic there should be the same number of alcohol drinkers as there are pot smokers. Are there? No, in fact the number of drinkers is significantly higher, even though it is more dangerous. So I shall say it again, it is a retarded argument to make, and is clearly not the reason.
    This guy knows his ****.

the funny thing is, non smokers love to act high and mighty around stoners, and behave as if they are more intellignet then any stoner could ever be...

yet when they are asked why they don't smoke...they come out with the most retarded arguments :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    drugs are for those who lack imagination
    I'm afraid to say that this appears to be a rather foolish comment. Did The Beatles lack imagination? Bob Marley? Obviously not. There is, in fact, no link between levels of imagination and willingness to take drugs.

ReputationRep:
    Because I have no desire to. The same reason why I don't particularly feel like visiting Norway tomorrow or keeping mice as a pet. It's all very well and good saying "live life to the full" but I have no interest or desire in doing certain things, and thus why sould I bother doing them just because somebody else may enjoy it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    Unlike you, some people think jeopardizing your health (and life) isn't reasonable.
    Shocking, isn't it ?
    Marijuana really has no health effects. No one has ever died from overdosing on Marijuana and the only some risk from smoking it is when it's mixed with tobacco, which isn't necessary. Saying Marijuana will 'jeopardise your health' is ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beesbees)
    Then the illegality comes into play (even though it is widely available). But its hardly retarded to cite health concerns as a reason for not smoking (especially as its usually smoked, giving rise to all the respirtry conditions associated with tabacco smoking)
    Look, Krov posted his message in a patronising way as though it was obviously the reason, and most people who say they won't do it because of the health risks probably drink alcohol as well, therefore voiding the argument. Maybe what he said was true (in a sense that people will refuse weed due to health reasons), but is this really the reason? Most likely not, because if it was, they also wouldn't drink alcohol. I didn't say the reason was stupid, but the argument definitely is, and I stand by what I say, it clearly isn't the reason most people don't smoke it, as portrayed by Krov.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    LOL you don't drink either? WOW! You must be LOOOOOAAAADDDS of fun! I bet you have tons of friends! haha or maybe not.....

You like being in control of your brain...fair enough...but I can pretty much gurantee (yeah the politically correct anti-drug/alcohol/fun crowd will jump on me for this) that I have had alot more good times then you have....

so if you don't drink either, what exactly do you do when you go out with friends?

don't tell me you go out and dance while your totally sober?

(waits for this loser to tell me "I don't enjoy clubbing" lol)

mate, look outside your window, become a normal student, get wrecked, get a girlfriend, and have fun...but your probably not confident enough...
    You assert that :

- I am no fun to hang around.
    - I don't have friends.
    - You have [sic] a lot more good times than I do
    - That I am not confident enough
    - That I don't have a girlfriend
    - That I am abnormal
    - That I am not confident enough in my own skin
    - That I never have fun and enjoy sulking
    - That I don't like clubbing.

That's a ****load of ad hominems Sherlock. I am impressed.
    Can you also predict my future ? It might be useful.

People like you are the reason I have so little faith in humanity.

ReputationRep:
    I have no desire too.

I know its not particularly bad for your health, or anything like that.

But i guess when i see (a lot) of people who need to have it every time they go out, as if they cant have a good time without it (i have had lots of people actually say this to me) it just puts me off even more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    Cannabis deadens the brain. I feel that having my mind and body in the best condition possible to be one of the greatest pleasures in life. I'll probably start smoking if I become a terminal patient or a broken old man if the need arises, but not before.

All of my friends who started smoking pot got hooked on the stuff. A quarter of those addicts remained normal, if a bit sleepy at times, another quarter started showing sings of decay, and the rest became useless zombies. Two of them went to prison for it.

So no thanks. Alcohol goes well with a meal or at a party, but drugs are for those who lack imagination and cigarettes are for those who lack willpower.
    agreed until you admitted drinking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    People on TSR are generally the nerdy type who are more concerned with learning and such...

You'd expect that intelligence means an ability to consider drugs and their effects ratrationally and objectivley and not simply rely on what the government or their parents are feeding them.. but no.

Edit: Bongboy, TSR doesn't represent the general population so just don't listen to those who are anti-drugs
    Very refreshing to see that not all TSR users are mindless drones that drink alcohol because the government says they can, but don't smoke "because it will lead to heroin" LOL

and lmao at the idiots who resort to "can't you spell!?" yeah, what a way t make yourself seem like you can be mature and put forward a valid argument on the topic

"YOU ARE TEH WRONG COZ YOU CANNOT SPELLLLLL!!1111!11!!" :rolleyes: ...yeah, totally destroyed my argument with that one, really made me see thinges from a different prespective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanYom)
    agreed until you admitted drinking?
    Alcohol has enjoyed cultural acceptance in Europe for more than 3000 years, so it's perceived as harmless, but it's just the same really.

Too easy to slip from a harmless dose to too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I've been offered it by people multiple times, my flatmate does it quite regularly, I've always said no.

I don't see what the attraction is, I'm perfectly happy without it, I don't need it to make me feel better. I don't do things I see no point to.

And if you are going to reply saying "but it's an experience...", not all experiences are necessarily good, living with HIV is "an experience" and not one I particularly want to experience.
    With no offence intended, I've never liked this argument.

I'm perfectly happy without rollercoasters. I don't need rollercoasters to make me feel better. Yet I may occasionally ride rollercoasters. Why? Because I'm even happier when I'm on them, they're fun! Just because it is possible to be happy without them, they should not be disregarded as a possible source of happiness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...

I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant
    Because smoking of any sort disgusts me

Because I'd be befitting from crime, which is morally repugnant.

Because I do quite enough unhealthy things already (as you seem to be aware of!)

In my final and humble opinion it is a life that is spent on drugs that is a terrible waste of a life, do some good, rather than aiding crime and unnecessarily harming yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    You assert that :

- I am no fun to hang around.
    - I don't have friends.
    - You have [sic] a lot more good times than I do
    - That I am not confident enough
    - That I don't have a girlfriend
    - That I am abnormal
    - That I am not confident enough in my own skin
    - That I never have fun and enjoy sulking
    - That I don't like clubbing.

That's a ****load of ad hominems Sherlock. I am impressed.
    Can you also predict my future ? It might be useful.

People like you are the reason I have so little faith in humanity.

LOL, mate, you actually sound suicidal! Cheer up! It's christmas soon!

Spliff?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.