Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Naturally good looking girls: Gift or Curse? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hidden_desire)
    Ofcourse its a gift - but the choice of whether to use it and be grateful for it or abuse the gift, is in ure hands
    With great power comes great responsibility

(Original post by CapnHooch)
    Well then how do you feel exactly?
    I don't particularly like being complimented . Especially when people are around. I hate being approached my random men on the street (especially at night). I feel people ask me out/nice to me because i'm 'good looking'. At times, I wish I was average looking, that way I would feel my future sucesses were based on me as an individual, and not my looks. My older sister's friends said I was the prettiest out of all my sisters (my sisters were all there and they heard). I felt so bad, I wanted the ground to swallow me up. I am a humble person (thought my thread way suggest otherwise lol) I appreciate beauty. But I also believe that beauty shouldn't define you.

I never boast about my looks, and I don't even think i'm all that. However, when people compliment you so much. It can conjure up the dark side of you. I guess it's best to always remain humbe and grounded.

(Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    family photo?
    You actually made my LOL!

I like funny guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't particularly like being complimented . Especially when people are around. I hate being approached my random men on the street (especially at night). I feel people ask me out/nice to me because i'm 'good looking'. At times, I wish I was average looking, that way I would feel my future sucesses were based on me as an individual, and not my looks. My older sister's friends said I was the prettiest out of all my sisters (my sisters were all there and they heard). I felt so bad, I wanted the ground to swallow me up. I am a humble person (thought my thread way suggest otherwise lol) I appreciate beauty. But I also believe that beauty shouldn't define you.

I never boast about my looks, and I don't even think i'm all that. However, when people compliment you so much. It can conjure up the dark side of you. I guess it's best to always remain humbe and grounded.
    Well at least you know that you don't want to be egotistical about it. To be honest if you are as beautiful as you say you are, then don't let it hinder your job prospects. It's a tough world, especially for jobs, if you look good and people notice, then use it. Just make sure you find balance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirll)
    OMGOSH! I have the SAME problem!Im glad i've found someone who knows how hard it is to be amazingly pretty!!
    Lol, your profile picture doesn't seem to show you're pretty

ReputationRep:
    It all depends on the vibe you radiates to people. You must learn how to control a gift

ReputationRep:
    People used to call me pretty and now that i'm older, the compliments have upgraded to beautiful/gorgeous. Sometimes it goes as far as very beautiful/absolutely gorgeous/so stunning. Now i'm turning into an arrogant *****.

When someone says 'i'm pretty', it annoys me as I say to myself 'no i'm not pretty i'm beautiful', 'most girls are pretty but a few rare gems are beautiful/stunning'. I get at least one compliment about my looks a week and i'm turning me into a self-rightous, egotistical, Zeus- Kings of the Gods monster! When I see a group of girls looking at me, I automatically think they're just jealous of me (Haters gon hate) OR I believe that i'm the prettiest girl school, church, uni etc; so when someone indirectly says a girl is prettier than me, it makes me upset (pretty girls seem to think they're prettier than others I guess :dontknow:). Though I have talents, I feel my looks is what makes me superior to most people.

Yes, I am humble when people compliment me, but deep down, I know i'm good looking.

No, i'm not a troll, and lads, I won't post pics or GTFO because that wasn't my question (hence the reason why i'm anon).

Proof why girls who know/think they are good looking is a curse.

In knowing/believing so you have become a total ***** and I do not think any guy would ever stay in a relationship with someone such as yourself.
    As the saying goes " No matter how hot a person is, someone is fed up of their ****".

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh... i never thought of it this way. I'm SO sorry you have to go through this. Seriously, my heart goes out to you. *Hugs*

Jokes.

I wrote out a whole paragraph, then deleted it, as it wasn't substantial in expressing my annoyance.

ReputationRep:
    Orr maybe you're really buttaz but they say you're hot to make you feel better

ReputationRep:
    if she is so so hot and loves how she looks and thinks she is better than everyone then why not pics or gtfo?? why does she have such a prob? and why did she post a fake pic? i smell troll!

People used to call me pretty and now that i'm older, the compliments have upgraded to beautiful/gorgeous. Sometimes it goes as far as very beautiful/absolutely gorgeous/so stunning. Now i'm turning into an arrogant *****.

When someone says 'i'm pretty', it annoys me as I say to myself 'no i'm not pretty i'm beautiful', 'most girls are pretty but a few rare gems are beautiful/stunning'. I get at least one compliment about my looks a week and i'm turning me into a self-rightous, egotistical, Zeus- Kings of the Gods monster! When I see a group of girls looking at me, I automatically think they're just jealous of me (Haters gon hate) OR I believe that i'm the prettiest girl school, church, uni etc; so when someone indirectly says a girl is prettier than me, it makes me upset (pretty girls seem to think they're prettier than others I guess :dontknow:). Though I have talents, I feel my looks is what makes me superior to most people.

Yes, I am humble when people compliment me, but deep down, I know i'm good looking.

No, i'm not a troll, and lads, I won't post pics or GTFO because that wasn't my question (hence the reason why i'm anon).

Great, not sure what you want us to say? I mean, Im told Im a handsome man sometimes bbut I guess Im humble and modest and realise thats its no achievement to be good looking, its just how you are. I would much rather be knows for making a difference and achieving, looks merely fade in time and hold no value. I feel sorry for a lot of people who just rely on their looks cos they will look back and think I wish I had done something. I intentionally go for girls who are average/reasonably attractive who have fun personalities and are intelligent as they are wlel rounded and have much more to offer than someone who just looks good.

So back to your point, its both a gift and a curse. Although, most people would prefer to be very attractive than ery ugly but most people would prefer to be between the two with other attributes I think

You seem to be contradicting yourself. Yes, loooks don't define you so whats your point? WHy should you feel bad for how you look? Its nothing you can change. Of course you should be humble, I mean why are you better than anoyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tali_91)
    Mmmm it can be both a curse and a gift. A gift because you're well, beautiful. But to be properly defined as beautiful you need to have a lovely personality to go with that, very pretty girls can turn damn ugly if they have horrible, stuck up personalities.

But beauty can be a curse, other girls can judge you straight away and hate you straight away because of your looks.
    Completely agree, its a full package thing

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel. Except I was a fat pig in high school (which tends to make your face ugly too) so I still have low self confidence feeling in the back of my mind I'm still like that. The attention I got gradually built with each year untill one time when I turned heads of basically everyone in the nightclub. It was something I had never experienced before and the rush is something I now live for. If I dont get it it does make me feel like crap too. Sure theres worse problems out there but it becomes an obsession and like most obsessions it takes over your life a little bit. Its easy for people to give you the nasty comments they are because they've probably never experienced it. I probably would too a few years ago.

The only thing that keeps my head in check (besides the days where I'm looking a hot mess) is this one girl I know who is possibly the most beautiful girl in the world. First of all I know I'll never be as good looking as her so that puts me down a notch and second of all shes an absolutely lovely person so I know you can be that great looking and not let it inflate your ego.

ReputationRep:
    Some people worry about their looks 24/7, thinking their ugly, and your concerned that your good looks may be a curse? Geez.

When will people realize that it is all about how you present yourself to others. If you are friendly, then you will get along with people. If you are really rude you wont get along with people. Yes, some people are better looking than others, but its also down to opinions and everyone's "perfect person" will be different.

ReputationRep:
    It really can never be a curse being good looking. I refuse to believe that it it can be.

If you're good looking, opportunities can open up for you. As sad as that sounds, getting something based on your looks.

ReputationRep:
    I thought this thread was going to argue gift or curse in terms of being able to get ahead in life based on looks vs constant unwanted attention. That argument I can see- although I still think in a such a looks conscious society it has to be considered more of a pro than a con. But the argument that being beautiful is a curse because it turns you into an arrogant ***** is ridiculous- it's not beauty that has done that, it's a very unattractive aspect of your individual personality!

ReputationRep:
    I don't see no gift

ReputationRep:
    beautiful or not, nobody likes someone that is self obsessed.

ReputationRep:
    Curse in terms of love life for you'll be forever chased by men after one thing and your marriage is likely to end in divorce.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.