Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    This. They also went about it the wrong way. You think anyone will take you seriously after vandalism and violence? :lolwut:

I think the protesters who threw paint at the police in retaliation to being kettled, before being charged at with cavalry will be taken rather more seriously than those taking part in the NUS' candlelight ****ing vigil :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spikeymikey22)
    im thinking of studying marine bio/chem at a welsh uni, but im english. would the fees rise for me since im english, or would the location of the university stop that?
    Nope, its where you live now which accounts for the fees you pay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    I think the protesters who threw paint at the police in retaliation to being kettled, before being charged at with cavalry will be taken rather more seriously than those taking part in the NUS' candlelight ****ing vigil :facepalm:
    I would disagree. I would not support anyone who engages in such uncouth activities. I know many people who think the same.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought the protests were pretty useless, I had a feeling it wouldn't change anything.

ReputationRep:
    The one thing that they have achieved is providing us with this ****ing awesome clip of a cavalry charge:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11954333

ReputationRep:
    The people who have protested violently, and still are protesting, in London today could have been so much more effective if they'd abstained from violence and done something unusual, like a silent sit in. I wasn't even born when Tiananmen Square happened, but I still have that enduring image of a lone student protester standing in front of a line of tanks embedded into my mind. There are far more powerful ways to make yourself heard than violence; I would have expected something far more intelligent from supposedly the most educated young people of this country. The violence that is happening cannot simply be a result of anarchists hijacking the protest; there are far too many people involved for that. It may be a sad day for students, depending on your perspective, but I think it's been made far sadder by the fact that the rest of this country are now going to see students as nothing more than violent, immature thugs. On a different note, I think the students who went to the embankment and protested peacefully should be commended. Whatever your opinion on tuition fees, I find it hard to believe that you would approve of the fact that police officers are in hospital and peaceful protesters have been injured because some people couldn't contain themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
    You wasted your time, damaged property, injured people, disgusted the taxpayer - all for nothing. Zilch.

The vote went through. Tuition fees have been raised.

If anything, it's made the government's position stronger - as they now have the taxpayer on side, as most taxpayers have been disgusted by the violent acts.
    Hopefully some of these commie *******s got arrested, will have criminal records and their life will be ruined. At least I'm hoping for that. At least the others would learn that they should work and not wait for a degree to fall into their hands.

ReputationRep:
    Many got themselves beaten up by police. What do they have to show for it? Less money.

Government 1 - 0 Students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    :five:

Tbh, I really can't people people thought protesting would change their minds. Absolutely pathetic.
    I wouldn't call it pathetic, but I would call YOU pathetic. If people never challenged government proposals, then we wouldn't be where we are. If the cause is worth it, why not protest and get your voice heard?

Oh and nice wording I believe it is what one would call an 'epic fail'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkeyuncle)
    Hope your happy Thatcher, Now the Tories may have destroyed MY Future, Yes I may be in year 9 but this is something that may continue into when I am going to university IF I manage to go because of the money. This is why when I am old enough to vote I will NEVER vote tory for what has just happened and for many reasons you would know yourself. Tories have destroyed many bright futures for students, And will continue to do if you are ever voted again. I hope the tories happy and I hope that the tories will never be voted again..
    SO true!
    It's a completely un-just system.
    Is this country back in the age were only the rich are considered talented and intelligent.
    Yes, there are things to back up the argument for tution fees.
    But it has made many students future education an un-motivated, un-caring situation.
    Equal rights?!
    HA
    If mummy and daddy don't earn enough a student doesn't have the chance for the best future they can possibly have.

Equal rights my ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Your*.

Tut tut, it appears all that money Labour invested into the education system hasn't done you any favours...

Also, Margaret Thatcher was neither evil nor nasty. Her policies were brilliant.
    ah is this why you have 3 shiny red bars of negative rep? :rolleyes:

Also i think it's safe to say there's no need to correct my grammar - i'm perfectly capable of writing in continuous prose offline despite making a grammatical mistake on TSR.

thanks for your concern anyway Ali! and your disillusioned views make me cringe!

ReputationRep:
    So many topics on this, you'd think this was some sort of forum for students :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    Dont know what your talking about conservatives for they said from the start they would rise fees
    Lib dem Leader Nick Clegg is a liar here is the proof

ive got a feeling clegg will be photo shopping that picture soon to stop people calling him a liar :P

(Original post by whitediamondsinthesnow)
    Well, not exactly. I protested in Cardiff and look what the Welsh Assembly passed last week.
    It's not cause and effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4994mm)
    SO true!
    Is this country back in the age were only the rich are considered talented and intelligent.
    But it has made many students future education an un-motivated, un-caring situation.
    Equal rights?!
    HA
    If mummy and daddy don't earn enough a student doesn't have the chance for the best future they can possibly have.

Equal rights my ***
    Thank god someone actually understands me. There is no equal rights, This is all for the rich. With these Tuition fees you have to pay per annum, so if you want to take a course that would take 6 years, you will have to pay £54,000 back. This would be fine for Shorter Courses, But for longer courses, When you are earning over £21,000 then this basically means 2 and something years wage if you earn £21,000 a year.

(Original post by hufflepuffer)
    I wouldn't call it pathetic, but I would call YOU pathetic. If people never challenged government proposals, then we wouldn't be where we are. If the cause is worth it, why not protest and get your voice heard?

Oh and nice wording I believe it is what one would call an 'epic fail'.
    But this isn't a government proposal that needs challenging though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh993)
    ah is this why you have 3 shiny red bars of negative rep? :rolleyes:

Also i think it's safe to say there's no need to correct my grammar - i'm perfectly capable of writing in continuous prose offline despite making a grammatical mistake on TSR.

thanks for your concern anyway Ali! and your disillusioned views make me cringe!
    Does anyone actually care about neg rep? OH NO SOME ANONYMOUS PERSON ONLINE DISAGREES WITH ME. :eek:

You say that, and yet you still type incorrectly.

They're not disillusioned. It's more disillusioned to believe we can all hold hands, share everything equally, get along peacefully and spread the love. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4994mm)
    SO true!
    Equal rights?!
    HA

Equal rights my ***
    You have got to be kidding me. Loans aren't going away, you're getting a higher threshold to pay them back, and then the repayments are a tiny amount of your total salary. If people are too stupid to work this out, as I have already said, then they shouldn't be going to university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
    You wasted your time, damaged property, injured people, disgusted the taxpayer - all for nothing. Zilch.

The vote went through. Tuition fees have been raised.

If anything, it's made the government's position stronger - as they now have the taxpayer on side, as most taxpayers have been disgusted by the violent acts.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh993)
    and you're name is Margaret thatcher - the most evil horrible nasty right-wing lady ever to live and PM this country.

you're clearly a buffoon wondering around these forums with that name wondering about. bugger off tbqh...the protests will continue until these condemd arse holes realise what a big big hole they're in.
    Jog on brainless sheep.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.