Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is being approachable mean your unnattractive?-pls answer :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paint-a-Picture)
    I would ask a decent person who i think would give an answer to my question e.g. if i needed a lighter i wouldnt exactly approach a child. If i needed directions someone which i feel know what they are doing, know stuff in general, know english, live around the area and someone that will not shy away - flirt with me or give me a dirty look.
    I think you should ask yourself why you apprach people it may help.
    I HOPE I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION.
    im originally from manchester but 2 weeks ago i was in london and there are so many ppl!!!!!!!!!!!
    I dont want to be approachable at all if i go uni there for which i have an offer.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it's a good thing. You must look pretty freindly if people approach you and its not really an indication of whether your attractive or not..... Maybe they like your smile and just find reasons to talk to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killa23)
    are you a law student or something?
    Uh nope. But I did have History and English as my highers and am studying Journalism currently? Why?

ReputationRep:
    what if i made my hair red and spiky and turned into an emo
    Do you have a phobia for being approached or something?
    Why are you obsessing about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    Do you have a phobia for being approached or something?
    Why are you obsessing about it?
    it makes me look soft which i hate

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'm very approachable at all but I don't I'm attractive at all either. I'm sort of in my own world a lot or if I'm on my own I try to look like I'm doing something and not dawdling so people probably think I'm busy and don't want to be disturbed. I get approached quite a lot if I'm with friends though because I'm naturally louder and more smiley then. (Approached by people asking for help - not asking me out :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    I don't think I'm very approachable at all but I don't I'm attractive at all either. I'm sort of in my own world a lot or if I'm on my own I try to look like I'm doing something and not dawdling so people probably think I'm busy and don't want to be disturbed. I get approached quite a lot if I'm with friends though because I'm naturally louder and more smiley then. (Approached by people asking for help - not asking me out :p:)
    im not loud but ppl still approach me and stare at me when im walking down like outside shopping centres where theres loads of ppl

ReputationRep:
    looking soft is for a guy?
    haha i'm sorry, i just meant he might thinks he looks a bit soft rather than just approachable... there's nothing wrong with being soft

ReputationRep:
    I always get approached but its usually buy guys asking

A) To get them alcohol ... or
    B) To tell em where the nearest train station is

ReputationRep:
    if you had 2 variables approachability and attractiveness on scales what would the line look like

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest the the two are independent variables.

ReputationRep:
    say if attractiveness was dependant

ReputationRep:
    or would it be a curve

ReputationRep:
    I just approach a guy that's closest to me at the time, as long as the person doesn't look like they'd stab me.

If you don't want to be approached I'd suggest having a pitbull with you, a large hoodie, and about 3 mates that have the same.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.