Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Personal Weight-loss Success Stories? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Here's a simple start.

You create a calorie deficit by reducing your calorie intake lower than your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate)

Eg.
    Your BMR = 2500
    You Eat = 2000 (or Eat 2500 and exercise to get rid of the 500)
    Calorie Deficit = 500.

1 lb in body weight is roughly 3500.. hence 1 lb a week is doable and isn't that bad, of course you could increase the deficit as long as you can withstand the hunger. As your weight goes down, so will your BMR and yeah gotta' keep lowering your calorie intake, or exercise harder.

...from what i'm told anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Back in 2006 I was 65kg and 167cm tall. Ok, not obese, but I didn't like it.

Some things I did:
    1. Cut out all drinks except water
    2. Stop the junk food
    3. Ditched the while bread
    4. WALK

I got down to 50kg or so. During the past years my weight has always been between 50-53kg, so I managed to keep it off.

If you lose weight and go back to your old self, you'll look like your old self too.

I never used to like sports, but I walked everywhere...then started jogging...and running. I now do exercise every day and really enjoy it. I still walk as much (and as fast) as possible.

I eat oats, fruits, vegetables and some sort of protein (fish, meat or eggs) every day. Once a week I eat some cake, either I bake it, or I buy it from a little patisserie, so I know it hasn't been made in a factory somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galadriel100)
    Back in 2006 I was 65kg and 167cm tall. Ok, not obese, but I didn't like it.

Some things I did:
    1. Cut out all drinks except water
    2. Stop the junk food
    3. Ditched the while bread
    4. WALK

I got down to 50kg or so. During the past years my weight has always been between 50-53kg, so I managed to keep it off.

If you lose weight and go back to your old self, you'll look like your old self too.

I never used to like sports, but I walked everywhere...then started jogging...and running. I now do exercise every day and really enjoy it. I still walk as much (and as fast) as possible.

I eat oats, fruits, vegetables and some sort of protein (fish, meat or eggs) every day. Once a week I eat some cake, either I bake it, or I buy it from a little patisserie, so I know it hasn't been made in a factory somewhere.
    Good advice!

I did all those 4 things you mentioned and went from 10st to 8st.

I just have a healthy balanced diet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.