Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

20 year old student admitted to hospital with bleeding on the brain Watch

(Original post by Aj12)
      Unelected? Someone does not understand how the government works:rolleyes:
      I have no desire to descend to personal attacks on posters...and I would advise you to refrain from doing so as it is not conducive to mature debate.

I would remind you however, that we did not vote for a coalition government and in this respect, this government was not elected by the voters.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Teaddict)
      Haha

Dr Teaddict at your service. Oh he has bleeding on the brain.. hmm but his skull is in tact... Better remove it.
      you're certainly no G DOCTOR
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ArcaneAnna)
      Not necessarily. Don't generalise that all injured protesters were the violent ones.

He could just aswell have been one of the peaceful ones, who just happend to be an easy target for the police to vent on.
      Are you trying to tell me that all the peaceful protesters are the majority of the ones that get hurt? They deserve to get delt with if they at the front of the line in the protest, right? The ones at the front line, are the ones who get delt with.

The majority of the cases, the protesters at the front line(morons) are more likely to get clobbered than the people at the other end(peaceful). So are you getting at the fact that I have made a reasonable assumption that he was at the front of this? Guy deserved it

dont try and tell me police clobber every protester, not just the ones who are smashing things

ReputationRep:
      Kinda boring how many of you are so quick to pigeon hole every protester as being violent 'fence rammers'. Wouldn't be surprised if you're the same posters that complain about 'anarchists' on the protests giving students a bad name.
      At the end of the day, a vast majority of MP's ended up either abstaining or voting against the tuition fee rise, and I'd consider it ignorant to believe the protests didn't play any part in that.

All the best to the family.

ReputationRep:
      clegg and cameron have no mandate, their union is to save their failed political careers

this is why we see the protesting on the streets, more to come as well I think

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by yawn)
      According to the link, his mum says he was trying to get away from the kettling as he wasn't involved in any violence and thought he would be allowed to leave. Instead he got hit on the head by a police officers cosh...so it seems he was an easy target for the police to vent their anger on, as you say.
      I'm sure Hitler's mum would claim that he was such a kind lovely young boy who was just a bit misunderstood. Perhaps we should look for less biased sources?

ReputationRep:
      How do we know that injuries to the students weren't caused by other students? There were so many people there, it could simply be a case of getting squashed, getting picked up in the people who were rushing the police...

And in the case of this guy, who's to say he was leaving peacfully? I highly doubt a policeman just bonked him over the head for no bloody reason.

It was frustration and chaos on both sides. Police were only doing their jobs, a minority of the students were intent on causing as much damage and harm as possible. That's no way to get your message heard.

EDIT: the news has not been that biased either. Injuries to students were also reported, right alongside injuries to officers.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Eloades11)
      don't even TRY and explain that this guy didnt deserve it, he get what was coming.
      I'm not against the use of protests, but in this case, all the protests against the tuition fees are stupid, and rioting is just savage. They deserve maximum punishment if you ask me. And dont try and tell me that im not affected by the rise in tuition fee's, because I am, see me complaining about it though? No
      Personally I think the police should've fired blindly into the crowd. After all, they had it coming, protesting and that.
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by WelshBluebird)
      How do you know he was rioting?
      Why not? And how on earth can you make such a statement without knowing the actual facts? How do you know he was being violent? You do not. So shut up.
      Did you even read what I put.
      again, are you telling me that police clobber the peaceful protesters?
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by united.spammers)
      Personally I think the police should've fired blindly into the crowd. After all, they had it coming, protesting and that.
      I 100% agree with you mate

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by yawn)
      I have no desire to descend to personal attacks on posters...and I would advise you to refrain from doing so as it is not conducive to mature debate.

I would remind you however, that we did not vote for a coalition government and in this respect, this government was not elected by the voters.
      Nor was the previous Labour one. It's called politics and democracy. If you don't like it then you can always move to North Korea.

ReputationRep:
      stupid guy deserved it for rioting then, we cant just let people like him smash up things without getting what they deserve.
      **** off. There's absolutely zero evidence to suggest this guy had done anything other than peacefully protest. ****.

(Original post by Huskaris)
        I'm sure Hitler's mum would claim that he was such a kind lovely young boy who was just a bit misunderstood. Perhaps we should look for less biased sources?
        Who? The Chief Superintendent of the Metropolitian Police?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by musicforsanity)
        How do we know that injuries to the students weren't caused by other students? There were so many people there, it could simply be a case of getting squashed, getting picked up in the people who were rushing the police...

And in the case of this guy, who's to say he was leaving peacfully? I highly doubt a policeman just bonked him over the head for no bloody reason.
        we don't know. But why assume? We live in a society where you are innocent until proven guilty. People should have the benefit of the doubt unless there is proof to the contray. And if you don't believe that a policeman could dish out unwarrented violence, then you are very very naive.

a minority of the students were intent on causing as much damage and harm as possible.
        The same can be said of the police.

Did you even read what I put, idiot.
        again, are you telling me that police clobber the peaceful protesters?
        Yes I did read. And yes I am telling you that.
        The police responce was not directed to any particular parts of the protestors. It was aimed at all of them. So some peaceful people got hit. Why do you fail to understand that?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Teaddict)
        Two things...

Why is he bleeding on the brain? I don't understand how he is bleeding on the brain. Is he missing the top half of his skull?

Secondly, link please.
        http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en...og&sa=N&tab=wi

ReputationRep:

It was frustration and chaos on both sides. Police were only doing their jobs, a minority of the students were intent on causing as much damage and harm as possible. That's no way to get your message heard.

EDIT: the news has not been that biased either. Injuries to students were also reported, right alongside injuries to officers.

oh don;t be so naive !

didn't you see the video of the policeman attacking the G20 protester, unprovoked , who later died of his his injuries

ReputationRep:
        I 100% agree with you mate
        Who the **** are you? The ****ing Burmese junta?

ReputationRep:
        Are you trying to tell me that all the peaceful protesters are the majority of the ones that get hurt? They deserve to get delt with if they at the front of the line in the protest, right? The ones at the front line, are the ones who get delt with.

The majority of the cases, the protesters at the front line(morons) are more likely to get clobbered than the people at the other end(peaceful). So are you getting at the fact that I have made a reasonable assumption that he was at the front of this? Guy deserved it

dont try and tell me police clobber every protester, not just the ones who are smashing things
        He was in the front line because he was trying to get out, not because he was attacking policemen. It's not a crime to protest peacefully, and it sure as hell isn't a crime to want to GET OUT of a protest when it turns violent.
        • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by WelshBluebird)
        My cynicism in humanity has just been proved right. How the bloody hell can someone deserve to be smashed in the head for just being at a protest?
        This thread shows everything that is bad with the UK. People claiming a student deserves to have possible brain damage? Seriously? I'm partly amazed, partly horrified by how quickly people have claimed that he deserved it.

Of for all you know he could be one of the many peaceful protestors who were attacked by the police?

Actually if you read my post you wilsee I said that we do not know if he was one of the people throwing flare or the details so this couldnot be used as an attack on the police

The problem with the police responce was that it was undiscriminate. They battered people no matter if they were being peaceful or not.

How do you know he was rioting?

Why?

Total and absolute rubbish I am afraid. The people who caused the violence deserve the police reaction. The peaceful protestors who were also attacked by the police do not deserve it.

But as most people were not.

Why not? And how on earth can you make such a statement without knowing the actual facts? How do you know he was being violent? You do not. So shut up.

You have made a massive error and a complete fail of logic in your post. You seem to assume that he was hit on the head [B]with the intent[B] of causing brain damage. This is not going to be the case.

A protest is chaotic you cannot expect the police who are trying to deal with an attack on them and trying to defend themselves to not make the occasional mistake. Everyone at the protest knew it would likely become violent. FOr him to have been hit on the head we can assume he must have been at the front of the crowd.

Wrong place wrong time, thats if he was a peaceful protester.

If he was violent than yes he deserved to be hit as itsikely he would have been attacking police. The brain bleeding was not the intention of the officer involved. A

When peopl say he deserved it they do not mean he desverd the bleeding on the brain

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Aj12)
        You have made a massive error and a complete fail of logic in your post. You seem to assume that he was hit on the head [B]with the intent[B] of causing brain damage. This is not going to be the case.

A protest is chaotic you cannot expect the police who are trying to deal with an attack on them and trying to defend themselves to not make the occasional mistake. Everyone at the protest knew it would likely become violent. FOr him to have been hit on the head we can assume he must have been at the front of the crowd.

Wrong place wrong time, thats if he was a peaceful protester.

If he was violent than yes he deserved to be hit as itsikely he would have been attacking police. The brain bleeding was not the intention of the officer involved. A

When peopl say he deserved it they do not mean he desverd the bleeding on the brain
        I am not assuming that he was hit on the head with the intent of causing braim damage. I am saying that if he was peaceful (which is a reasonable assumption, as there is no evidence at all to suggest otherwise), then to be hit on the head hard enough to case bleeding on the brain is pretty uncalled for and a worrying sign of where our country is going.

If it is proved that he was being violent, or provoking police officers then I will take back what I am saying. But people are way to quick to come out and say "he deserved it".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.