Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello dave)
    The trade centres weren't built like traditional steel-framed buildings. They only had a steel frame on the outside and an inner core. After absorbing the impact of the aircraft (a ridiculous amount of energy) there was no way they were gonna stand long.

The examples of steel buildings that have stood in fires, pretty much always have a concrete-reinforced core, and all the steel ends up melting anyway, WTC's did not have this.

Pretty much all structural engineers agree that heat from fires caused the collapse. Many predicted it as soon as the towers were hit.

Pretty much all demolition experts agree that a controlled explosion is not like that of building 7. The central core collapsed first, there were no seismic readings indicating explosions before the collapse, and it leant to the south side as it fell. Nothing like a controlled explosion.

Also they didn't free fall. Watch any video and you'll see debris hits the ground before the building finishes collapsing.
    How can that be true when the buildings were built with the idea that a plane might hit them? Wouldn't a smart architect (which i'm sure they would enlist to build one of the tallest buildings in the world at that time) do what you just said it didn't have?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f01nkIs8C0E

That video illustrates the structure of the world trade centre and pretty much all the videos i've seen say the same thing and doesn't reflect what your saying.

Plenty eye witnesses say they heard explosions beforehand and free fall, doesn't that just mean that an object will fall with only a gravitational force, so there wieght is the only factor in the drop. What has that got to do with debris? This video will illustrate it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml_n5gJgQ_U..

I'm sorry I need videos to illustrate what I mean. I am by no means a physics expert, it just reinforces what I did not understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello dave)
    This is crap. All the so called 'conspiracies' are either completely fabricated, based on coincidental evidence or just stupid.

"Building 7 collapsed despite no damage" - There's photo evidence of a 20 story hole in the side of the building, firefighters reported uncontrollable fires across multiple stories and creaking noises coming from the frame, they knew it would collapse.

"A missile hit the pentagon" - There was little left of the plane, true, but thats what happens when your travel at 500mph into a building. You think a missile could knock down lamp posts and move a substantial sized generator and still reach the building.
    Tests with aircraft against concrete walls have shown they leave practically nothing left at those speeds.

"Aircraft had no windows" - Only a couple of witnesses to this, who saw them from 2 miles away. There were windows in the wreckage.

"Inside trading" - Share puts against the airlines were higher than normal the day before, true, but puts fluctuate massively twice in that year AA puts had reached over double what they were on the day.

It's pretty much all *******s with little substantial evidence, usually presented with made up facts and exaggeration. Americans love conspiracies, don't be an idiot, do you really the the US government could pull off such a stunt? The bush administration couldn't even run the country properly.
    With that sentence,your whole paragraph goes to ****.There is tons of concrete evidence.Even evidence the goverment have been attacks like this for years on forgien soil.

Oh and all the theorys you put in arent the ones that are believed.

Watch some video,read books,talk to people then come back to me.

They got away with 9/11 and other evil acts because of the lack of knowledge and care from people like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    QFT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeshard)
    What is ludicrous? Have you seen Buildings 7's collapse? Do you know any of the names of the terrorists (other than Bin Laden) seriously be honest, without using google? If the answer is no, don't you find that slightly odd? You'd think these would be some of the most famous people on earth being capable of concocting such a plan and then successfully hitting 75% of their targets as amatuer pilots. I'm sorry but if that doesn't raise some questions to you.. Your entitled to your opinion (you've just made me use my single most hated sentence ever)

I don't want to believe it trust me, it's horrific to think the government would particapate in something so terrible.
    Can you interpret this video for me?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3AwE...eature=related

The answer is no. However I don't know the name of the first women on the moon, the name of the man who invesnted Pokémon or the names of any terrorists aside from Bin Laden. How ignorant of me.
    I don't really understand why the terrorists should be the most famous people on earth...

If you find it hard to say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion then why did you create this "discussion" thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubba.ok)
    I researched this for a while and came to the conclusion that it wasn't all what it seemed. As others have mentioned it was building seven and the pentagon that really made me question what went on that day.
    I don't believe that to be 'rad' though or 'different'. Making my mind up on this really messed my head around and left me feeling pretty disturbed. Sometimes i wish i didn't think it was a conspiracy because thinking about the evil in this world is seriously scary.
    Exactly my thoughts, when I first watched one documentary that I came across funnily enough on an Iranian news channel on the anniversary of 9/11 after watching tons of the memorial docs on other channels. I was kind of submisive but as I got into it, I couldn't take the doubts out of my mind. The concept that 9/11 could be the work of a democratic nations own government or even that the government didn't try to stop it purposefully because they saw the benefits they could have is actually disturbing as you said. It makes the future seem really really bleak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel-Ballingall)
    Can you interpret this video for me?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3AwE...eature=related

The answer is no. However I don't know the name of the first women on the moon, the name of the man who invesnted Pokémon or the names of any terrorists aside from Bin Laden. How ignorant of me.
    I don't really understand why the terrorists should be the most famous people on earth...

If you find it hard to say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion then why did you create this "discussion" thread?
    The difference between 9/11 and the first woman or man on the moon, or whoever made Pokemon is that 9/11 virtually changed the course of the world, it changed Americas position on the international front, it changed the lives of Muslims everywhere and it changed the thinking of Americans and other westerners who felt their countries were bubbles and such things did not happen to them. You cannot deny the enormity of that event. I find it odd to say the least that the average person does not know at least 1 of the 19 suicide bombers of that day. Since every single day there is another case of suicide bombing, every single day there is something on the news about reported terrorism, Guantomo Bay, Iraq, Afghanistan etc etc all direct links to that ONE day in history. It is just strange is all my point is. In the research I have done on the 19 men, the one who was reportedly the guy who drove the plane into WTC 2 had a girlfriend, drank alcohol etc. Maybe the US government know that if such things are highlighted and brought to the forefront, this myth of "islamic fundamentalism" would be shown for the absurdity that it is. Take a look at Bin Ladens videos, the man has a gold ring in one of them which is forbidden in Islam. If the man cannot stay away from a Gold ring, a basic rule, how is it believable that he would be willing to kill however many innocent people in the name of a religion he cannot even follow the basics of?

Sorry I ramble ^

I also never said I found the concept of subjectivity hard to understand. I just don't like saying the phrase "you are entitled to your opinion" because it closes discussion which is the point of this thread and is just so cliche really.

ReputationRep:
    At last, some good comments, Jesus Christ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I agree.

There are lot documentaries on the corruption of American government.

- Loose Change

- Loose Change Final Cut

- Obama decption

- Fall - something

I watched hours, America is pretty much under dictatorship atm. The last real president they had was JFK - and we all know how that ended.

If the "New World Order" ever goes through were practically all enslaved.
    Its coming already man.Have you seen what the TSAS are doing?Boardline sexual assult.

The next 10-20 years are going to be pivotal.A massive attack is on the way soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amuroray)
    There are Facts that point to 9/11 was an inside job.pure hard evidence that you cant argue with.

9/11 was so obvious it was an inside job.
    You keep repeating that it was an inside job, and that there's overwhelming evidence for it, and that everyone who says otherwise hasn't done research. But you don't use any evidence to back up your claims.

Regardless of my position on the subject, you should start posting at least some evidence if you're feeling the need to repeat yourself in a thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gontak)
    You keep repeating that it was an inside job, and that there's overwhelming evidence for it, and that everyone who says otherwise hasn't done research. But you don't use any evidence to back up your claims.

Regardless of my position on the subject, you should start posting at least some evidence if you're feeling the need to repeat yourself in a thread.
    I said in the first post that theres waay to many to start from.I would just start rambling.

I'm just saying do some intensive research and you should come to an informed decision not just say"Oh shut up it happened as i saw it on tv".

Now son,dont ever quote me again.You're not on my level.

ReputationRep:
    9/11 was a complete in job from start to finsh just like jfk death.I could write essays about it right now but it would be useless as the people on student room are either naive,havent researched about it enough and the others dont care enough.

9/11 was a inside job mate.100%.

The higher powers in the US(Not all goverment)are getting worse and worse.VERY dark times ahead.
    I pretty much agree with most of what is stated above.

When it comes to people who seem to take everything at face-value, I suppose it's quite difficult for them to adhere to something that seems rather unthinkable, and therefore debunk any claims instantly. Whatever the case, there is obviously something that is very off surrounding the entire 9/11 event, and many are quite aware of it.

ReputationRep:
    Its coming already man.Have you seen what the TSAS are doing?Boardline sexual assult.

The next 10-20 years are going to be pivotal.A massive attack is on the way soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    Typical teenage reaction.

Keep taking things at face value.

Subjects like 9/11 are too much for the minds and maturity of the people on TSR and most teenagers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nofish4u)
    It was a terrorist attack, and it was devastating, all these conspiracy theories are major B.S.
    That's what that they want you to believe :O

ReputationRep:
    Typical teenage reaction.

Keep taking things at face value.

Subjects like 9/11 are too much for the minds and maturity of the people on TSR and most teenagers.
    You don't seriously believe that do you?

ReputationRep:
    I said in the first post that theres waay to many to start from.I would just start rambling.

I'm just saying do some intensive research and you should come to an informed decision not just say"Oh shut up it happened as i saw it on tv".

Now son,dont ever quote me again.You're not on my level.
    You're right, I've far suppassed it if you're still on the 'son' stage.

I think you assume too little of other people, many would have watched and researched the same stuff you have, possibly even more and come to the conclusion that it wasn't an inside job. Just because somone does not have the same opinion as you does not mean that they haven't done the research. Maybe they had better sources than the internet alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gontak)
    You're right, I've far suppassed it if you're still on the 'son' stage.

I think you assume too little of other people, many would have watched and researched the same stuff you have, possibly even more and come to the conclusion that it wasn't an inside job. Just because somone does not have the same opinion as you does not mean that they haven't done the research. Maybe they had better sources than the internet alone.
    LOL never.I've talked to people,been on radio shows,read at least 12 books,watching countless of films to base my view on.

Now as i said,dont quote me.You're a waste of my time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeshard)
    How can that be true when the buildings were built with the idea that a plane might hit them? Wouldn't a smart architect (which i'm sure they would enlist to build one of the tallest buildings in the world at that time) do what you just said it didn't have?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f01nkIs8C0E

That video illustrates the structure of the world trade centre and pretty much all the videos i've seen say the same thing and doesn't reflect what your saying.

Plenty eye witnesses say they heard explosions beforehand and free fall, doesn't that just mean that an object will fall with only a gravitational force, so there wieght is the only factor in the drop. What has that got to do with debris? This video will illustrate it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml_n5gJgQ_U..

I'm sorry I need videos to illustrate what I mean. I am by no means a physics expert, it just reinforces what I did not understand.
    The fact you don't even know the difference between an architect and a structural engineer just highlights the fact you have no idea what your talking about.

And the free-fall thing... yeah if debris hits the ground before the tower than clearly its not free-falling. That video is exactly what I said. Steel core and outside steel frame, to maximise office space. Not the usual criss cross steel construction found in most sky scrapers.

But yeah, just go watch this or something:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...e+Movie&hl=en#

ReputationRep:
    With that sentence,your whole paragraph goes to ****.There is tons of concrete evidence.Even evidence the goverment have been attacks like this for years on forgien soil.

Oh and all the theorys you put in arent the ones that are believed.

Watch some video,read books,talk to people then come back to me.

They got away with 9/11 and other evil acts because of the lack of knowledge and care from people like you.
    :facepalm:

You have yet to give one theory, one valid bit of evidence or anything.. So I don't think you're in the position to just dismiss me.

If it was the government, why would they need 4 aircraft to attack? Don't you think the twin towers would be enough? It's all ridiculous, I think you've watched too many films and have this fanciful notion of conspiracy theories.

Read some books, talk to people and watch some videos? lol, lack of knowledge from me? Try speaking to some structural engineers, or some investigators or some people who have even the tiniest bit of authority on any of this and not some random guy who's made some you tube video or posted some blog.

Seriously it's just embarrassing. Give me some 'concrete evidence'.

ReputationRep:
    Lol this reminds me of a mitchell and web sketch about the moon landings conspiracy. It went something like:
    1st guy-"We need to fake the moon landings to beat the russians to the moon. But it can't be just simply filmed in a studio. We need to hire a whole team of engineers to design and build a rocket that is capable of going to the moon. We also need to employ hundreds of other staff to help them. This needs to be very convinving."

2nd guy-"I suppose, but if we're going to all that trouble to hire everyone to make the cover up look convincing. Wouldn't it just be easier to actually send them to the moon?"

This isn't the actual script, but you get the point.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.