Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Daily Mail poll- Do you still support the students after these riots? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What sort of idiot bases their opinion on education based on the actions (positive or negative) of a small group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bosch)
    Riot - "a public act of violence by an unruly mob"

It was a riot
    It was hardly an unruly mob. It was the odd scuffle of a few angry protestors who were pissed about being kettled, and the police who were pissed about being treated like the government itself.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Dail mail takes **** to a new level.

ReputationRep:
    oh very reliable source op, well done, I'm sure all the elderly tory daily mail readers will vote in a completely fair and just way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
    People will denounce the poll because of where it's from - but DM readers represent a lot of Middle England so it's pretty significant as these are the people paying for student subsidisation.
    No, people paying for the students are bankers lawyers doctors, those on high incomes who pay the vast majority of income tax revenue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    oh very reliable source op, well done, I'm sure all the elderly tory daily mail readers will vote in a completely fair and just way.
    Read the full thread I don't want the "67% of people withdraw their support from the students due to the riots" headline to become a reality.

ReputationRep:
    What's a "fair and just" way to vote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law123mus)
    Pure ****ing unadulterated genius.

Just a heads up for your other comments. We're in for the long haul. A suprising amount of TSRians are conservatives, you won't find many allies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conmist furnished)
    Just a heads up for your other comments. We're in for the long haul. A suprising amount of TSRians are conservatives, you won't find many allies.
    So you're on the students side? A lot of these TSR people think that we are wrong. If the protests continue, and if riots begin, then I have the feeling these plans may be dropped, it may take a long time, but we could get the result.

ReputationRep:
    Leaving Daily Mail slurs aside, it's a very poor poll; it's a loaded question. If they'd first asked "Did you support the students before the protests?" and then, of those who answered yes, "Do you still support the students now?", then it might have been a relatively informative survey.

ReputationRep:
    So you're on the students side? A lot of these TSR people think that we are wrong. If the protests continue, and if riots begin, then I have the feeling these plans may be dropped, it may take a long time, but we could get the result.
    It took a year, maybe longer to get that whore Thatcher to resign. Political theory and economics is great and all, but when it comes down to the crutch of it all, only a riot will truly get their attention. They DO NOT pay any attention to peaceful protests. They DO NOT listen to letters "hi local mp my names henry james mark chapman the third and I am very sad about these cuts".

The age in my profile isn't my real age, btw. Just keep it up, we are all in this together, even if the majority of TSRians are kettled in their own little safe bubbles.

They day we give up is the day they win.

edit: And you have huge support, don't let those *******s tell you otherwise. Just wait till the trade unions get involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caroline147)
    Leaving Daily Mail slurs aside, it's a very poor poll; it's a loaded question. If they'd first asked "Did you support the students before the protests?" and then, of those who answered yes, "Do you still support the students now?", then it might have been a relatively informative survey.
    No. They should have asked people do they support them beforehand. Asking people retrospectively will cause just as much measurement error.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    No. They should have asked people do they support them beforehand. Asking people retrospectively will cause just as much measurement error.
    Agreed, but assuming they haven't asked that, I think it's still preferable to try and filter those surveyed based on whether they would never have supported the students.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.