Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where would we be without wikipedia and google? Watch

ReputationRep:
    In the library

ReputationRep:
    We would have Yahoo! and Universalis.

Not so terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Would Encarta still be going strong if Wikipedia had never been born?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    Doing our homework ourselves.
    How is going on Wikipedia any different than hopping down to a library and using information from books instead? Wikipedia was an amazing tool with unbelievable accessibility and efficiency which helped me immensely at school. I mean if somebody doesn't know something at all regarding their homework where do you expect them to get some ideas/facts from? I've learned lots simply by looking things up on Wikipedia then clicking through the links/sources.

ReputationRep:
    I'd never have been able to do any of my GCSE chemistry homework without copying and pasting from Wikipedia

ReputationRep:
    Without them everyone would be equally affected, so you'd find it wouldn't change the natural balance at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisnew)
    How is going on Wikipedia any different than hopping down to a library and using information from books instead? Wikipedia was an amazing tool with unbelievable accessibility and efficiency which helped me immensely at school. I mean if somebody doesn't know something at all regarding their homework where do you expect them to get some ideas/facts from? I've learned lots simply by looking things up on Wikipedia then clicking through the links/sources.
    Copy and paste. Saves time and energy.

ReputationRep:
    Less knowledgeable.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.