Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There are 2.45 million unemployed people in the UK at the moment, that's 7.7% of the working age population. You think they all want to stay that way?

200 people applied for my job. Its not that easy at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    Haha I love how if you are against people who just want to sit on their arse all day and make excuses for it, you are a troll. Brilliant. I'm guessing you have a "bad back" which is why you don't have a job?

Please.

People will blame anything they can, immigration, illness (but don't get me wrong, for some people, this is a genuine case) problems of getting there etc.

Do. Some. Work.
    You are a troll if you say EVERYONE can get a job and theres no such thing as not being able to find work which is what you are implying not taking into account things.

So in my home town with thousands of people unemployed, under 20 jobs avaibale and 2/3 of them self employed and many requring a car means the few thousand people unemployed simply are lazy? Yeah right, and I bet you will give the typical excuse of they should walk like 20 miles to work at 4am in morning to get a minimum wage job etc.

There is no such thing as a guaranteed job.

So if you have this degree you claim you have you would be a bit more enlightened and intelligent then you come across.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarlHickey)
    You are a troll if you say EVERYONE can get a job and theres no such thing as not being able to find work which is what you are implying not taking into account things.

So in my home town with thousands of people unemployed, under 20 jobs avaibale and 2/3 of them self employed and many requring a car means the few thousand people unemployed simply are lazy? Yeah right, and I bet you will give the typical excuse of they should walk like 20 miles to work at 4am in morning to get a minimum wage job etc.

There is no such thing as a guaranteed job.

So if you have this degree you claim you have you would be a bit more enlightened and intelligent then you come across.

Yup that is exactly what I am saying.

ReputationRep:
    How about you tell him to get a f*cking job.

I'm getting neg'd for this? Ok OP I change my mind. Tell him to sit on the doll for as long as he wants, as that is what most people clearly seem to believe. Hope you enjoy my wages.
    Its called job SEEKERS you RETARD

Its money to get you by while you look for a job

****ing hell

Infact I demand your username and password as a trophy for bringing you down from your high horse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)

****ing hell

Infact I demand your username and password as a trophy for bringing you down from your high horse
    :facepalm:

You don't know many people on JSA do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    Because we have a joint tenancy and live together as a couple he is not entitled to any JSA because i earn more than £120 a week. Even if we were just housemates he still wouldn't get the full amount because of what i earn.

Huskaris, If you knew anything about the job situation at the moment, you would know how hard it is to get a job, he is applying right, left and centre and is even getting some interviews but jobs are scarce and if he is not overqualified he is underexperienced.
    Well, why doesn't he ask the said companys for an unpaid trial period, work experience if you will. He could get depressed as Men are stereotypically the bread winners.If he tries to improve his situation with the above said and perhaps night classes In ten years you could be in a 5 bedroom house with a Beamer.....well.....maybe!

Seriously shops are hiring over the festive period to reduce the strain on their workforce.Make good impression and he could be In full time employment.In his situation he shouldn't be picky.

ReputationRep:

And you know they all?

Away and read your daily mail.

ReputationRep:

****ing hell

ah yes a fellow troll hunter you sir are much more civilised than I.I demand no less than the skull and spine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwsomePossum)
    ah yes a fellow troll hunter you sir are much more civilised than I.I demand no less than the skull and spine.
    Haha! Enjoy some rep comrade!

(Which I will give you tomorrow I just ran out of it

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Enjoy some rep comrade!

(Which I will give you tomorrow I just ran out of it
    I have repped one of your post.With each day our fraternity grows

ReputationRep:
    If you need a job, you will get a job. I needed a job, so I got one. Simple. It depends on how much of a "I won't work doing that/for that amount of money" attitude that you have...
    Rubbish.
    Getting a job, especially in this day and age IS hard. Not impossible, but very very very difficult.

The overqualified problem is a real one, as employers will not take on someone who will just bugger off when something better comes along.

problems of getting there etc.
    So you suggest people should walk 20 miles to get a job??
    Don't be so bloody stupid.
    Not everyone has a car, and public transport can be unreliable at best, and sometimes simply be not practical.

Neither do you by the sounds of it.

ReputationRep:
    I can travel the seven seas if that means I'll get a decent job but even beyond the seven seas, that job does not exist.

The dole is a much better option.

ReputationRep:
    None of us want to be on JSA or indeed set foot into a jobcentre. I'm sorry that the thread starter's boyfriend had to go through this, it's stressful enough just applying, takes at least 45 minutes to answer what feels like hundreds of questions. The most depressing organisation in the land.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nintendolad)
    The most depressing organisation in the land.
    More depressing than a morg or sewer?

Its hardly like the experience can be jollied up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nintendolad)
    The most depressing organisation in the land.
    It's not that bad! I've worked in worse places! Sure the 2 minutes you spend there every fortnight might annoy you, but it's hardly the worst place to spend that time.

ReputationRep:
    The two posts quoting me make very good points. Maybe it's the staff in my local jobcentre that annoy me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.