Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Banning student protests Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobeTheHero)
    Hold on!

Do you want see the UK become China?

What happened to Freedom of Speech? IS THAT NOT WHAT OUR SOLDIERS ARE FIGHTING FOR IN AFGHANISTAN?
    No it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Great_One)
    A head of scotland yard has told the government that the students have abused the right to protest and they should now be banned from protesting. I hope this happens and i hope anyone caught protesting loses there uni place and doesnt get their degree.
    So essentially you want the UK to become a police state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caspa)
    god people in this country hate people who that stand up to their government for what they believe in

fine lets ban all protests, lets go back 100 years, most off you don't have a clue which is sad

nice to see TSR supporting a Nazi state again
    It is vital that the people of this country has the right to the protest and I would never get rid of it.
    It is also vital that people do not abuse those rights, and the rights of people (even if they are "Royal family scum") have the right to go about their lives unharassed

These protests have been used as an excuse by a MINORITY to cause mayhem.
    I think that students should find more innovative ways to protest, that's all.
    Try ptotesting by doing something positive, contributing to society, something like that, it will get noticed

Can you imagine 10,000 students giving blood to the NHS, that would receive admiration from many, and WOULD make the news, in the way that peaceful protesting wouldn't.

if students want to win the fees battle, it will be by winning the hearts and minds of people. Injured police officers, swinging from the cenotaph, attacking the royal's car, occupying buildings which means people can not get home. Will not do this no matter how small the minority are.

Co ordinate 10,000 people to give blood on the same day, get the NHS to co ordinate enough blood stations in universities for one day... It would be huge.

ReputationRep:
    NO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    It is vital that the people of this country has the right to the protest and I would never get rid of it.
    It is also vital that people do not abuse those rights, and the rights of people (even if they are "Royal family scum") have the right to go about their lives unharassed

These protests have been used as an excuse by a MINORITY to cause mayhem.
    I think that students should find more innovative ways to protest, that's all.
    Try ptotesting by doing something positive, contributing to society, something like that, it will get noticed

Can you imagine 10,000 students giving blood to the NHS, that would receive admiration from many, and WOULD make the news, in the way that peaceful protesting wouldn't.

if students want to win the fees battle, it will be by winning the hearts and minds of people. Injured police officers, swinging from the cenotaph, attacking the royal's car, occupying buildings which means people can not get home. Will not do this no matter how small the minority are.

Co ordinate 10,000 people to give blood on the same day, get the NHS to co ordinate enough blood stations in universities for one day... It would be huge.
    yeah like that would work, that would just be painted a students giving blood, it wouldn't work as a form of protets, plus its not news, maybe local news

(Original post by TobeTheHero)
      yeah...feels great...democracy say something
      Eventually, airing one's views that run counter to the views of the coalition will be legislated against, so Democracy is practicing how to confuse them...for future use.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Democracy)
      Nice to see the TSR Stalinists are out in force...
      The right to protest - and frankly I think it's a fairly dodgy right that says you can obstruct traffic and make a bloody pest of yourself in city centres - ends when law and order cannot be upheld in our capital city.

There's nothing Stalinist about refusing to let a bunch of violent idiots make a mess, terrify people and assault policemen.

ReputationRep:
      How exactly are you going to define a 'student protest' when you ban it? Will you ban all protests? Ban people under 25 from protesting? Have riot police asking to see student discount cards before smashing in faces with truncheons?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by The_Great_One)
      A head of scotland yard has told the government that the students have abused the right to protest and they should now be banned from protesting. I hope this happens and i hope anyone caught protesting loses there uni place and doesnt get their degree.
      That's what happened with students under communist rule in Eastern Europe. Those who went to a protest or joined protesting workers, were tracked down by secret police and then kicked out from universities. Obviously that was after riot police beat the **** out of them in first place.

Let's not go this way.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.