Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you kill a baby? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the Harry Potter story...

Answer. No I couldn't.

ReputationRep:
    I really love and hate these type of questions. Really, does anyone know where I can find a huge list of them?

No, I would not kill a baby. The emotional trauma I'd experience afterwards would make my life hell, and I'd rather live a life, any life, than one like that. But I.. just, don't know. I'm saying that I wouldn't kill the baby, but in the real situation, I would just think, and think. I would just freeze and cripple and try to block everything out, and decide never to go on trains again, maybe. Knowing that I was going to die, I'd know how much time I had left, and reorganise if I had to, my life around to do all the things I've ever wanted to do, I'd build an orphanage (something I really, genuinely want to do) and devote the rest of my life helping people.

The Twilight Zone post was really intersting, I would really want to watch that episode!

This really got me thinking! But my answer to sum up, is no (99.9%). I'm going to recomfort myself and everyone else and say fortunately, these thing's are, and always will be, 'what-ifs'. I love other peoples opinions too.

ReputationRep:

Only these ones. **** mini-babybels
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Greek mythology in English sounds great. I love Greek Mythology although, as demonstrated by my lack of knowledge, I should do some more reading on it.
    Oh don't get me wrong, Greek Mythology is fascinating, however when I then have to read Norwegian and Russian Texts and then contrast and compare them, sometimes the interest dwindles :teehee:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh, I see. :rofl:

I can imagine. Ah well, at least when you are free from the constraints for any further study, you can read at your own leisure in English. :mmm:
    Not quite, I am finished with those texts but now I move onto world literature for my exam :sigh: When will it end :moon:

I see what you did there

love the avatar btw :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    ...if you found out that it would grow up to murder you?

I was on the train today to uni and stood up all the way because there was a lot of rush and there was a mother sat down in my eye line with a small baby about 3-4 months old. It could hardly keep its eyes open for more than a few seconds.

After seeing how cute it was, a random thought came into my head that what if it grew up and was responsible for my death in 15-20 years time. Would I have the courage to kill it then? I thought this is an interesting dilemma and want to know what other people would do?
    Of course and I would sleep better at night.

Hell, I would kill the baby if it simply grew up to be a chav or anything like that.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a strange thing to think when you look at a baby.

No I wouldn't......just kill it when its old and less cute

ReputationRep:
    I like to think I wouldn't, but if somehow it was certain, then, maybe I would.

ReputationRep:
    100%.

Would get someone to rape it if i had to.

ReputationRep:
    No, I would kill it when it tries to kill me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the exact same position. :teehee: Massive pile of :teeth: books but Law reading takes precedence. Thanks :teehee:

Spoiler:
    Show
    It has many hidden meanings. :ninja:
    :five:

And yes just from my philosophical studies there are many meanings I can deduce from it :pierre:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :ninja

ReputationRep:
    If it was a zombie baby, like out of Dawn of the Dead, i'd kill it.

ReputationRep:
    If the baby was 100% destined to grow up and kill me, surely I wouldn't even be able to kill it?

ReputationRep:
    This so reminds me of all those insane

"Harry Potter character goes back in time to kill Voldemort when he's a child. But don't manage it ." fan fictions.

lol.

ReputationRep:
    No, the decission becomes essentially either I die or the baby dies, and I have to say I don't think I have the right to say who's life is worth more mine or the baby's.

ReputationRep:
    No, no I wouldn't. How can you kill a little defenceless baby?

ReputationRep:
    You were on the train, saw a baby and thought about killing it lol... you're oddly analytical and a deep thinker.

Most likely no, never. But question - Is the baby the spawn of Satan and the Anti-Christ incarnate, destined to grow into the figure that dominates the world, starting armageddon among other things, maybe then I'd consider it

ReputationRep:
    I would anyway even if I knew the baby would grow up and not try to kill me. :banana2:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I couldn't kill a baby - too cute.

I might kick it around for a while though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I deduced ninja smiley fail. :pierre:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I think we've taken this thread on a slight tangent from talk of killing babies. :rofl: It's been good talking to you. :sexface:
    I am so embarrased :emo:

:ninja: ...........................WIN :smug:

Spoiler:
    Show
    But yes we have gone off on a rather odd tangent, although I do not recall infanticide being the norm of conversations :mmm: it was interesting. Yes it has been good chatting :ahee:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.