Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Psycho father just hacked all my hair off. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trooper6)
    I find it interesting that in a family of four that the father, mother, daughter (who is a year younger than you) and they have a problem with the son (you).

It would be interesting to hear the other three stories in this dispute in order to allow a better understanding by all that would give advice on how to proceed.

Yeah, you’re correct in that parents usually side with their daughters (particularly when they are the younger sibling)

Maybe I missed it but I didn’t see your age and that would also work into my thought process about how to proceed.

While I certainly wouldn’t be one to tell you not to seek help and support, I would say that you need to be sure that you’re in the right because it may well cause significant life changing events for your family as well as yourself.
    No they don't. If his/her father did what they did, then it doesn't matter, it is domestic violence, and a humiliating one at that.

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry to hear that this has happened to you, what an awful atmosphere to live in. I reccommend calling childline for advice on the situation, if you're considering moving out (which i would do, as it he abuses you so much). And calling the police as well, because what he has done is definitely against the law. Do you have any other relatives that you get on well with that you could stay with?

I know that this sounds a bit redundant as it's online and you barely know me, but you can always PM me if you need support, as i have been through something similar myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    Do the OP's posts seem like trolls to you?

I mean seriously?
    A 'good' (i say good but obv joking about this sort of thing isn't good) troll is one that's believable.

To answer your question though; no they don't. I was just pointing out that people do troll.

I would have given advice aswell but it's already been said to call childline about this or at least speak to someone you can trust about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fred Ivanovic)
    A 'good' (i say good but obv joking about this sort of thing isn't good) troll is one that's believable.

To answer your question though; no they don't. I was just pointing out that people do troll.

I would have given advice aswell but it's already been said to call childline about this or at least speak to someone you can trust about this.

Yeah true, although I'd say a good troll is one that's believable and is so funny.

Sad trolls are just really pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Get it cut Emma Watson style.
    Your dad seems like a psycho...go to the police

ReputationRep:
    Make a post on TSR!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well my mum keeps conceding to me that 'i deserved it', despite that I overheard her saying to my father that he's 'gone too far' but she keeps playing this stupid game of deliberately trying to wind him up and grass me up for all sorts of things then being 'surprised' when she makes my father react violently. I mean today it was mostly my sister's fault but she had a huige part in aggravating the situation by going along with her and the like. My sister just stands there looking gormless most of the time, does her bit then locjks herself in her room goes on facebook, play the martyr =/ my dad doesnt really make na secret of the fact that he 'prefers her' though.
    thanks for yours and everyone elses support by the way, its really helpful to hear despite the bunch of irrelevant 'troll' replies!
    well i really hope for your own sake you manage to get out of there and i cant even imagine how it felt to have you hair cut off!! must be so upsetting! get out of there if you can, if not give childline a call please cos what he does to you is disgusting! once youve sorted that out, go to your hairdressers, shell be able to sort your hair out for you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.