Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your reason for living? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Living is a net-positive experience for me. I live to do and experience the things I like and enjoy. That's very general and is going to be more or this universal.

I don't believe in 'purpose', we're just apes that evolved enough rational thought to manipulate the survival-procreation orientated pleasure incentives natural selection left us with.

For me personally, I have a long term partner, who makes up the vast proportion of things in my life that bring me pleasure/happiness/positive-experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I don't have one. And yes. I think it every morning.

Yay for depression :woo:
    Exactly this.

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it.So I live. May be I had wrote the code that is not for myself. They are for the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amuroray)
    Nothing At all.Never had one aswell.

Japan 2011 will be fun though.
    Shinji!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    lol sorry i know this answer isnt allowed but my reason for living is my family and friends! and knowing how many things i still want to do with my life
    Okay then, the day your family and the last of your friends die you will commit suicide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    I live for my family, and they live for me. I live for myself too.

I enjoy life most of the time, there's so many beautiful things happen everyday, I don't know why anyone would want to miss out on those.
    So your life is not yours but it is owned by your family. That means that you really don't have a reason for living and you give up your life in hope they do the same and that helps you to find balance in your unbalanced life...Interesting

ReputationRep:
    Orgasms
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Why do you keep waking up everyday?
    the answer is in my sig

ReputationRep:
    So your life is not yours but it is owned by your family. That means that you really don't have a reason for living and you give up your life in hope they do the same and that helps you to find balance in your unbalanced life...Interesting
    I didn't say that. Of course they don't own my life. But they do give me a reason to live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    the answer is in my sig
    If they fail in life you will have failed too.

ReputationRep:
    because I want to

ReputationRep:
    I want to see what will happen when oil becomes unaffordable/runs out.

Because there are loads of fun things to do on this Earth and to do them you need money for it so i live for an education so that i can go out and make the most of my life and have fun!

ReputationRep:
      Once you kill yourself, then you can't change your mind. I like to keep my options open, while I am still alive I always still have the choice.
      Besides that, things aren't so bad, and I don't like the idea of missing out on something, I want to know what happens in my future. If I kill myself I would never get to find out, and could miss out on some good stuff. It isn't even that bad at the moment, a lot of people would glady change places with my.

bravo bravo!
        • Reporter Team
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        If they fail in life you will have failed too.
        define "fail in life".

I don't care if they end up working in a supermarket, or even sweeping the streets - their happiness is the most important thing to me, and I will do everything in my power to try and help them to have a happy life. I don't care what their career is for example.

The only time I would consider them to have "failed in life" would be if they turned into murderers, and yes then I would have failed as a parent.

I would just like to say that you have a very negative depressing attitude by the way. You might want to get that sorted, otherwise you're going to have a very miserable existence.

ReputationRep:
        Existence is a lot more interesting and enjoyable than non-existence, that got mighty boring when i wasn't born.

ReputationRep:
        Apart from studies,job, family anything else wich is not you... what's YOUR reason for living? Why do you keep waking up everyday? If death was smooth and painless would you accept suicide?
        The reason for living is to Worship God.(Jesus) we are put on this earth to reach out to others, to help them to acknowledge the True Word of God.

ReputationRep:
        israel

ReputationRep:
        Because i have dreams and ambitions that I haven't fulfilled yet

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.