Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    that was jokes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tayyiba_ayub)
    i had my 'interview' at 10 this morning and im still confused!
    they took us a to lecture hall and told us all that we werent going to be interviewed and that we were all getting offers, we then had a one hour talk on the course and finance followed by a tour and that was it, we could go home! they said they'd try and get the ABB offer to us by xmas, im still having to pinch myself it all felt to good to be true!
    Yeah I had an "Interview" at 10am on Monday... I ended up getting there late but I was really surprised at how they just said that they were just giving us offers without an interview!

ReputationRep:
    i was supposed to have an interview at 10 today...but i rang em yday tellin them i wont be able to make it...they said that try and if not then they wouldd give me another date..u rekon they'l jus gime an offer instead ?

ReputationRep:
    yeah there was no interview just a quick talk and then they showed us around, what a waste of time especially travelling in this weather.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john101)
    yeah there was no interview just a quick talk and then they showed us around, what a waste of time especially travelling in this weather.
    seriously? did they give u a reason as to why there was no interview?

ReputationRep:
    Good on you guys! I wished i'd applied there now!!!
    I am not currently holding any offers and maybe it's also because my predicted grades are BBB....I am suprised Wolverhamptons offer is ABB- I thought it would be BBB at the most....Now if all UNIS are offering ABB then i guess my predicted grades of BBB will mean they'll not bother with me???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harol)
    Good on you guys! I wished i'd applied there now!!!
    I am not currently holding any offers and maybe it's also because my predicted grades are BBB....I am suprised Wolverhamptons offer is ABB- I thought it would be BBB at the most....Now if all UNIS are offering ABB then i guess my predicted grades of BBB will mean they'll not bother with me???
    BBB isn't that bad actually for some of the top unis for pharmacy. actually, wolverhampton said that due to the commitment of being there on the day of the interview, if u get BBB on your results day instead of ABB they will accept you rather than those entering from clearing.

ReputationRep:
    yeah they said they were not gonna give us a interview because everything they wanted to no about us was in our ucas for, so if they wanted to find out about us they just had to look at the ucas form.

ReputationRep:
    thats abit silly then what was the need of inviting you over if they werent even going to interview you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undertaker1)
    hows everyone been preparing for the interview. mines is tomorrow at 10. aint really done much preparation. what sort of questions do your think they will ask??
    How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i think it was just to emphasise that you do have to actually turn up to get an offer. As well as it being an opportunity to visit the University and get to ask any questions.

Well done to all with offers.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any offers yet. Do you no when they will be giving them.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any offers yet. Do you no when they will be giving them.

No, not yet. But hopefully soonish. btw, it really is a nice location and very convenient in terms of commuting.

ReputationRep:
    Im not that sure about the course, during this interview i got the impression that there not that well organised with the course. They told us that we were only going to have 3 days of lectures, and that for each hour of lecture we should put in 3 or 4 hours our selves and that this should increase every year.

ReputationRep:
    Im not that sure about the course, during this interview i got the impression that there not that well organised with the course. They told us that we were only going to have 3 days of lectures, and that for each hour of lecture we should put in 3 or 4 hours our selves and that this should increase every year.

No, the 3-day thing is only for the last year, where we will have to do a placement somewhere on the other two days.

ReputationRep:
    Hello people i have a interview for pharmacy at wolverhampton uni cming up anyone had one what questions to they ask is there also a aptitude test and if so wat is it on Thanks.
    Hi I have an interview at wolverhampton on friday for forensic science, just wanted to know if it was casual wasnt sure whether to dress formal or not since there is no actual interview?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from wolverhampton yet?!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    The course is pretty well organised, it has to be since its the flagship course for the whole university and without it the whole School of Applied Science would have been closed. Grades are ABB since the course has been accredited thanks to the guys who graduated from pharmacy last year. Personally I cant believe they were giving out offers to you guys just for being there, thats not good at all, but I think they do base thier offers on predicted grades mainly.

As far as I can remember 1st year was very easy, and a good oppertunity to just "chill" because when it gets to 2nd year it gets tough.
    I think there were only two placements, 1 in hospital and 1 in community in 1st year, and you get introduced to dispensing straight away unlike other universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunit123)
    Has anyone heard back from wolverhampton yet?!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Yeah I got an offer! have you yet? what other unis have you applied for

ReputationRep:
    hey i have an interview for pharmacy on the 22nd feb at 2pm..does anyone else have one then? and do u rekon its going to just be a talk like previously or an actual interview?
    thnks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.