The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

So, Who's Starting Bangor in 2011 ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yuck
This future of the SU has been known about for a pretty long time. It was purely a lack of thought and care on the university's part that we find ourselves in the current situation.

Spend more money on the psychology department, disregard everything else. Sigh.

You have a very good point, what annoyed me most was the demolition of the old SU building prior to actually gaining the funding for the new one/the finding of a suitable replacement. However the nightlife in Bangor is still reasonable.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by jacques93
So Anyone chosen Bangor & What will you be studying ?

I'm quite hopeful and I'm leaning towards this university because I've applied for a joint honours with Management (doing Health and Social Care) course. No offer yet though...:unsure:
Original post by jacques93
So Anyone chosen Bangor & What will you be studying ?

Applied for Health and Social Care; got an offer but on the condition to get DMM in BTEC National Diploma :smile:

It might not be my insurance but we'll see...:unsure:
Reply 43
Got a Psychology with Neuropsychology offer for 260 Ucas points
really happy (: the open day was really good.
Reply 44
If I don't get in York then I'm definitely coming here to do History. I'll be a little older than most of you at 21 but that won't stop me from lowering the tone :wink:
Reply 45
Hopefully me!! Targetted three As and I really, really wanna go to Bangor. Love the place, love my subject, love the uni!
x
I Got My Conditional Offer Ageeeeeeees Ago Now :smile:
Zoology With Animal Behaviour - 300 points :cool:
Not Too Bad Considering I've Already Knocked Off 40 Points With A 'C' In AS Chemistry =]
Turns Out There's Lots Of People At My College Going Bangor
And None Of Us Our Doing The Same Course xD
Original post by nikki_aiyana
I Got My Conditional Offer Ageeeeeeees Ago Now :smile:
Zoology With Animal Behaviour - 300 points :cool:
Not Too Bad Considering I've Already Knocked Off 40 Points With A 'C' In AS Chemistry =]
Turns Out There's Lots Of People At My College Going Bangor
And None Of Us Our Doing The Same Course xD

I'm doing the same course as you and got the same entry requirements :smile: But I'm not going until 2012.
Hope it's good :biggrin:
Reply 48
Possibly Primary Teaching :biggrin:

Just waiting for an offer!
Reply 49
Bangor Student Accommodation, clean, nice house, not usual bangor accommodation standard.
10 minute walk to town centre, 15 minute walk to uni. washing machine, gas cookers, central heating, tv license, garden, sea view from house, off road parking.
available from june 2011, call 07732 978467 for any more information. :smile:
Original post by Azu.star
I hope to. I've got a conditional to do English Lit. :smile:

Same, it's my 2d choice
Reply 51
Got an offer last month for Primary Teaching... 240 ucas points :biggrin:
can't wait!
Reply 52
Original post by cloclo_
me hopefully! i loved the uni when I went to visit in July, hopefully to study BA Geography! I've got a conditional offer of 300pts with a C in Geography
I'm from North Wales my self so it isn't so far away!

Im doing Geography BSc, looks like you will be in a few of my classes =] Bangor is definitely my firm choice, wanted to go since I read the course outline a year ago haha I know Wales pretty well so I know I wont feel a bit lost. I'm really excited XD

Dracoia
x

:beer:
You guys are going to love Bangor :biggrin:

I do english with creative writing, and it's a great course, the area is small but beautiful, and don't worry about the welsh speakers, most of the students speak english :smile:
The only down side is that if you like to shop, there isn't a great deal, but it's a small uni and i love it completely.
Reply 54
Original post by The*Doctor's*Rose
You guys are going to love Bangor :biggrin:

I do english with creative writing, and it's a great course, the area is small but beautiful, and don't worry about the welsh speakers, most of the students speak english :smile:
The only down side is that if you like to shop, there isn't a great deal, but it's a small uni and i love it completely.

Lets me honest, if you're more worried about the shopping facilities than the uni then you shouldn't be going! lol I can't wait =]

Dracoia
x
Original post by Dracoia
Lets me honest, if you're more worried about the shopping facilities than the uni then you shouldn't be going! lol I can't wait =]

Dracoia
x

My thoughts too (but there are always a few things you need which you can't find-thank god for online shopping!! :tongue: )
Reply 56
Original post by The*Doctor's*Rose
My thoughts too (but there are always a few things you need which you can't find-thank god for online shopping!! :tongue: )

Amazon ftw =]
(I never thought I'd have a use for that abbreviation)

Dracoia
x
Looks like i'll be going to Bangor in September. Criminology and Criminal justice :smile:
i've got an offer to do law (280) and Bangor will probably be my insurance. Kind of stuck between Bangor and Keele though (which seemingly several people are on this thread!)
Reply 59
I've got an offer for English Language and Creative Writing (280 points). I'm sooo excited!

Is anyone going to the admissions day on March 12th? I'll be going down the day before (Friday), does anyone know of any cheap accomdation/anything fun to do on that night? It's my 18th weekend, I don't want to spend it in a hotel room on my own :frown:.

Quick Reply

Latest