Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I whip my hair back and forth. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    As if the youth of yesterday never got any terrible songs in the charts. I can think of a fair few cringeworthy songs released over the last couple of decades that did far too well for themselves =P
    Candy... Hey Mickey
    Daphne and Celeste- U.G.L.Y
    Every song by The Spice Girls... :blush:
    I miss the 90s.

But yeah, Whip my Hair is pretty catchy and listening to it, I'm surprised that Willow actually has a bit of a decent voice. Just a bit of fun. Though I do worry that she's far too young to be seriously getting into the music industry- let her get an education first. She's 9 (or 10) ffs.

ReputationRep:
    lol, no but this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5DBHJJ6YDM :')

ReputationRep:
    So, how long until her 'fame' leads to a hardcore drug addiction?

Not that I'm disputing the song is catchy or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkb230)
    Awful song. Sounds like it's written by a 10 year old. Oh wait !

I love this song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S_H1KDjW9Y
    Really? I hate that song

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I don't know why everyone is complaining about the song. What does everyone expect the girl to sing about? She's only 10! So she's not exactly going to be singing about love, life or sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hash007)
    Really? I hate that song
    I don't usually like Mike Posner's songs but this one is decent in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    It's better than when they used to get pre-teen singers to sing cringable love songs...

Personally I prefer Jimmy Fallon and Bruce Springsteen's version...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Its a really catchy tune

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    wtf :lolwut: she wasn't even born during the millennium... I feel so old :sigh:
    Oh yeah! :lol: I was thinking this just the other day. Whilst I can clearly remember certain events in the year 2000, Willow Smith wasn't even conceived until after that year had started, lol. Damn, that does make me feel old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Candy... Hey Mickey
    Daphne and Celeste- U.G.L.Y
    Every song by The Spice Girls... :blush:
    I miss the 90s.

But yeah, Whip my Hair is pretty catchy and listening to it, I'm surprised that Willow actually has a bit of a decent voice. Just a bit of fun. Though I do worry that she's far too young to be seriously getting into the music industry- let her get an education first. She's 9 (or 10) ffs.
    TBF, Michael Jackson started his career really young too. And he did become really successful, though, I suppose his life wasn't exactly perfect either.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHjANsRFtUk LOL exorcist whip yo hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimcatinnes)
    She don't care she's just gonna....

Have you seen this:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/glozell1#p/u/3/v5DBHJJ6YDM
    LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! For once a woman has made me laugh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Martian)
    I do but she's like 10 and should be studying. She said once in an interview that she doesn't know her timetables. :/ It's her parents fault.
    With her parents' money, she will have people doing her maths for her

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have as much hate as I do for this song if everyone didn't sing it and get it stuck in my head all day :mad:

ReputationRep:
    At least it's kind of original... I mean how many other songs do you know about 10 years olds whipping their hair back and forth?

ReputationRep:
    lol wtf? doesn't her head really hurt? stop whipping your hair willow!!

ReputationRep:
    It's probably one of the worst songs I have ever heard and to think it could be No.1 tommorow is ridiculous and that Radio 1 have it on their A-list is even worse.

I know people will say it's just a fun song but it's songs like this that stop real and talented artists getting into the charts.

ReputationRep:
    I was just listening to this... and you just had to ruin it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-r6N...eature=related

PMSL I heard this on the adverts for x factor the other day, and my mum was like ''Stupid child whipping their head back and forth, can do themselves some serious damage LMAO'', completely unaware it was Willow Smith. The song, like someone said, is in your head constantly, but is rather catchy lol.

ReputationRep:
      Argh.
      It says its not available to my country. :cry2:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.