Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What retail outlets do you dislike the most? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellie220)
    H&M because they can't size anything right.

ASDA, just because it's a nasty cheap store - even Tesco sells better quality items...

Also, I hate Primark - mainly because everyone who shops there doesn't have the concept that there are other people there, people seriously just stop and stare at things and get in your way constantly and they walk so slow. I have friends which actually like that shop and I get dragged in there and I just get so mad because people just try stuff on even when they aren't buying it. :mad:

I don't as such HATE Topshop, but I do quite dislike it because of some of the things it sells (bought a bag other week and fell apart after a day - paid 40 quid, got a refund but the stuff should last better) the quality is poor. Some dresses are fraying etc. I do like a minor amount of their collection though. Also, when it changes it's layout every week... it's really hard to find stuff you've seen previous week.
    What do you find wrong with H&M sizing? I find I am consistently a size 12 in there, whereas other shops vary a lot more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    What do you find wrong with H&M sizing? I find I am consistently a size 12 in there, whereas other shops vary a lot more.
    Well, I have come across many clothes in the shop which are something like a size 14/16 (mostly jackets which refuse to go over elbows) which don't even fit me in the slightest (and I'm a size 10).
    Perhaps it's where my store is located? There just seems to be many faulty sizes in there - and it's happened to a lot of my friends too, it's very strange...
    However, when their clothes are sizes properly they do have some really nice things

ReputationRep:
    American Apparel! I really like the way their stuff looks online but it's hard to get over the fact that they're charging you like £48 pounds for a sweatshirt/leotard.
    Also most of their clothes look disgusting and unflattering when they're on..
    and apparently they discriminate massively when it comes to hiring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellie220)
    Well, I have come across many clothes in the shop which are something like a size 14/16 (mostly jackets which refuse to go over elbows) which don't even fit me in the slightest (and I'm a size 10).
    Perhaps it's where my store is located? There just seems to be many faulty sizes in there - and it's happened to a lot of my friends too, it's very strange...
    However, when their clothes are sizes properly they do have some really nice things
    I've been to many different stores (there are four on Oxford Street alone, and Camden, Southampton, Sheffield, Liverpool, Manchester are just a few I remember visiting - not that I go searching them out, I've just happened to visit one when shopping in those places :P) Maybe I'm just lucky! H&M :love:

ReputationRep:
    Top Man, Hollister, Jack Wills : all of them sell terrible clothes and anyone caught wearing them should be shot.

ReputationRep:
    ASDA because I just don't like it, the only thing good about it is that if you fill up your car with petrol you can pretty much be certain you are paying the lowest price in your area.

Topman, Morrisons and Iceland.

ReputationRep:
    Jane Norman.
    Eurgh.
    Tacky chav is not the look I'll be going for thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    You're lucky.
    I had to buy a jacket in a size 20. I am definitely not a size 20.
    I tried on a shirt for work, in a size 22, and it still didn't fit over my boobs.
    I normally wear anything from a 12-16.
    The sizing in there is not good!

ReputationRep:
    I dislike Tesco because of their horrible time consuming robbo-checkouts and poor crisp selection.

ReputationRep:
    I used to wear Jack Wills before it became the "rah" icon, their clothes were good quality back then... I now hate the brand.

ReputationRep:
    I've a bit of a love/hate thing towards Hollister. Their clothes are actually pretty decent quality and priced fairly enough. The stores however are awful. They have that whole fascist recruiting thing going on - only get people who not only look good, but look good in their clothes. That's bad enough but then the store layout is so awful, a confusing set of rooms where products are hardly ever on hangars and because of poor lighting can rarely be seen as their true colour. WTAF?

Asda irritates me, not as cheap as they claim and it's a horrible place to be. TK Maxx is usually quite bad, crappy clothes scattered everywhere and never any staff members around to help if you need them. Apple stores, nice as they are, prove to be hideously expensive when compared to everywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Define 'normal sized'.
    Anyone with any sort of curves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (:Becca(:)
    Anyone with any sort of curves.
    I have 'curves', and I don't have a problem in Topshop.

Bitter much? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I have 'curves', and I don't have a problem in Topshop.

Bitter much? :rolleyes:
    Not particularly, looking at the tat they have in at the moment, I don't really want to look like Cruella Deville, thank you very much.
    And I'm a size 8 in every other shop.

ReputationRep:
    La Senza. I don't dislike it as such, more of the fact that they hardly ever stock my bra size, and in the bras I really like, they don't go up to my size. It's the same in Ann Summers, it sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dd4483)
    The quality of their clothes is awful. However they do nice shoes, good quality too.
    Yeah the quality is a joke. I bought two pairs of smart trousers from there and they both broke within about 6 weeks.

Republic, simply because they sell those tacky Henleys' shirts. People seem to think they're some kind of fashion icon because they're wearing them and then insist on wearing them on every single occasion possible.

ReputationRep:
    Why do Hollister and A&F have to turn their shops into clubs, where you can't see anything because it's too dark and they play music stupidly loud? Oh, and the topless guy outside really adds to the feel...

ReputationRep:
    Primark, one pound shops, etc. Everything those kinds of places sell is just rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Controversial i know, but Topshop. I just don't like the clothes.
    TKMAXX-always a big mess, takes ages to find one good item amongst all the other tat. Just generally hate it.
    T J Hughes-again, mostly tat i'd say.
    Jd Sports-reminds me of my chavvy past.

ReputationRep:
    Topshop - horrible, horrible clothes. Unfortunately it is the only place I can actually buy jeans that fit me from, though, so I am forced to go in there whenever I need a new pair D:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.