Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there anything your parents don't know about you that they really ought to? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I'm pregnant.
    Really? How far along?

I'm a triple agent working for North Korea, Greenland and Peru simultaneously. My real name will be revealed in one of Mr Assange's hooky gibberings.

On a serious note, there's quite a few things actually, stuff I'd rather not go into.

ReputationRep:
      been with my bf for 8 months, but i wont bother coz shes african and i dont want beats :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Persephone9)
      That I like girls too, but I will probably eventually tell them. If it happens that I'm in a relatively long term relationship with a girl, I probably wouldn't tell them about a relationship with a boy either unless it was also relatively long term.

I also have 3 piercings they don't know about.
      :dry: But like - I mean like- cos ur face is -so like........... oh :K:

ReputationRep:
      Nah.

ReputationRep:
      Something every guy has to hide from their parents.
      • Reporter Team
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      no there's nothing about me that is particularly significant that my parents don't know about me. I don't have any major secrets.

My mother doesn't understand me though, and I don't really understand her. Well.....I DO understand her.....she's very predictable.....but I don't understand WHY she does the things that she does.

As for my dad, he understands me, but again I don't understand why he does the things that he does. His attitude baffles me sometimes, though not as much as my mam.

I'd like to think I'm more mentally grounded than my parents are.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Boobies.)
      My parents don't know I like girls.

I'm not scared of telling them, I'm just scared they'll take away sleepover privileges.
      I told my parents I'm gay and my mum still said "You can have a sleepover with your friends...as long as they're not male." WTF. I think she's in denial still

I haven't told my parents the extent to which I talk to people online/watch TV online. And I haven't told them I've met a friend irl that I met online, either. Because they'd freak even though A) she's only a year older than me and B) I've met about 8 times...so far :P

ReputationRep:
      No.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AbiSmith93)
      I told my parents I'm gay and my mum still said "You can have a sleepover with your friends...as long as they're not male." WTF. I think she's in denial still

I haven't told my parents the extent to which I talk to people online/watch TV online. And I haven't told them I've met a friend irl that I met online, either. Because they'd freak even though A) she's only a year older than me and B) I've met about 8 times...so far :P
      Lolll, my mum was exactly like this too.

"Mum, I'm gay"
      "Darling why are you upset? You know I love you and I just want you to be happy!"

6 months later

"Mum I'm going to the cinema with Craig I'll be back about midnight"
      "Ooh, who's Craig, is he your boyfriend?"

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
      Nope not really, Im very boring

ReputationRep:
      I was raped, i've done drugs, had sex, i have a boyfriend of 1 year, suffer from depression

ReputationRep:
      Well, they actually know now since I told them I was pregnant last week.
      But before that they though I was a virgin who slept in my boyfriends sisters room when I stayed over...

I don't tell my parents anything.
      I even managed to hide horrific self harm scars for 2 years. They don't know me at all...ah sad me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AbiSmith93)

Jeez parents.
      You should see that as a great advantage If I told my parents I like girls they'd be like.. no. You can't go near girls. Ever. Omg you're a LEZZER! ...My dad's abit like that. But yeah - they don't let me bring back people i don't know, but i can have girls sleep over so if I get a girlfriend anytime soon that'll be handy..

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by c0nfus3d)
      Really? How far along?
      About 3 months.

ReputationRep:
      My Dad doesn't know I self harmed when I was younger.

Neither of my parents know I used to suffer from anorexia, or that I was raped :-/ -hardly anyone does..xx

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by M1F2R3)
      Smoking, trouble with the law, what really happened to my laptop.
      what really happened to your laptop?

ReputationRep:
      I'm bisexual. I don't really feel the need to tell them though, it would just upset them.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by M1F2R3)
      Smoking, trouble with the law, what really happened to my laptop.
      I'm intrigued, do tell :holmes:

ReputationRep:
      There are lots of thinkgs my parents don't know. My dad wouldn't understand and probably turn everything aroud to be my fault and my mum would probably have a break down. To be honest, nobody knows the extent of my problems/secrets apart from my boyfriend.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.