Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Arkham City - trailers! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Confirmed that they're not using Gamebryo for ESV! Finally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aJohnsonsun)
    Snowy and full of Nords

I'll probably end up being a Wood Elf.
    Haha, true! Sounds a bit like Solstheim then, minus the werewolves! I've never played as a Wood Elf though - I'm tempted to play through as one in Oblivion now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Confirmed that they're not using Gamebryo for ESV! Finally.
    I was so chuffed when I heard this.

2011 is the new 1998 for gaming.

My wallet is not prepared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)

Oh God oh God
    I tentatively concur with this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White Zenith)
    It's not supposed to be 'a kinect game' in the sense that it's only for kinect.

There are supposed to be elements that allow kinect to be used (such as the demo for viewing the cars, and possibly menu integration). I don't know if they'll offer kinect as an actual driving option, but for sure it's still going to be mainly based around the gamepad/wheel users with a more hardcore game experience.

A shame the trailer was so uninformative... what I can gather from it is that there will be elements from Top Gear in it (I imagine the test track), and them showing the video clips could indicate game modes similar to those.

To be honest, all I want from FM4 is FM3 with better graphics and FM2 online system! then just improve every other aspect haha. I don't really care for other game modes apart from the track racing aspect, although point to point could be fun. Basically I don't want them to do what GT5 did and spread themselves too thinly, resulting in a game with awesome parts let down by very rubbish other bits
    Judging from the E3 2010 presentation that they did, there will be a basic kinect driving option.

I'm just keeping tabs on the gaming blogs and waiting for more info Same thing I'm doing with Guild Wars 2.

Hmm, let's see, from FM4, I would want the pit system from FM1 (flexible stopping - don't belive me? go into an endurance race on the original), Improved visuals on the cars, improved elements to the onboard, the calendar system needs to stay, but it has to be more flexible, and I'd like a more compelling reason to buy the track DLC this time around Yes, I purchased the Ultimate Edition, as I found it cheaper than all of the released DLC combined, but the Nurby GP track is disappointing.

Oh, and street circuits besides NY Short. Maybe a return to Rio from FM1? Maybe not Tokyo, but Rio was a fun track, as was NY Long. Hell, include the chicanes, for all I care!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draconia_93)
    Haha, true! Sounds a bit like Solstheim then, minus the werewolves! I've never played as a Wood Elf though - I'm tempted to play through as one in Oblivion now.
    No, not minus the werewolves! Werewolves are :awesome:.

The better marksman stuff in Oblivion makes Wood Elves a lot more fun to play, in my opinion. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aJohnsonsun)
    TES V

Here's hoping it's more like Morrowind than Oblvion.
    I sure hope so! Oblivion sucked so much when you compared it to Morrowind! The only thing I preferred on Oblivion was the mechanics used in archery... otherwise it was a bit dumbed down.

I'm still playing Morrowind after 8 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james.h)
    No, not minus the werewolves! Werewolves are :awesome:.

The better marksman stuff in Oblivion makes Wood Elves a lot more fun to play, in my opinion. :yep:
    Are there even any werewolves in Skyrim though? :confused: It would be amazing if they did include them, as well as better vampires!

The marksman is much better in Oblivion than Morrowind! I hated how you could take ages to hit someone even at point blank range. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Are there even any werewolves in Skyrim though? :confused: It would be amazing if they did include them, as well as better vampires!

The marksman is much better in Oblivion than Morrowind! I hated how you could take ages to hit someone even at point blank range. :lolwut:
    Improved vampires! I'm with you on that one. :yep:

There are a couple of books in Morrowind that mention werewolves...I think one was a hand-to-hand skill book, and the other I remember being part of the series with titles like 'Sun's Dusk'. :hmmmm: I can't remember exactly.

Skyrim isn't that far from Solstheim on a map, either. :nah: It's a definite possibility that I'm not giving up on. :p:

:sadnod: Marksman stuff in Morrowind (and Daggerfall, very similar mechanics) is dreadful for accuracy. It's okay when you have a fair bit of marksman and agility, but even then it's really awkward to hit things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james.h)
    Improved vampires! I'm with you on that one. :yep:

There are a couple of books in Morrowind that mention werewolves...I think one was a hand-to-hand skill book, and the other I remember being part of the series with titles like 'Sun's Dusk'. :hmmmm: I can't remember exactly.

Skyrim isn't that far from Solstheim on a map, either. :nah: It's a definite possibility that I'm not giving up on. :p:

:sadnod: Marksman stuff in Morrowind (and Daggerfall, very similar mechanics) is dreadful for accuracy. It's okay when you have a fair bit of marksman and agility, but even then it's really awkward to hit things.
    Better vampires (and vampire clans! ), and werewolves - can't beat that! :yep: I can't remember any of the books in Morrowind, but I didn't realise Solstheim was that close to Skyrim! Good chance for werewolves then, maybe travelling back to Solstheim itself (?).

All the combat was terrible in Morrowind - couldn't hit things, magic was really limited. Brilliant game though! Haven't played Daggerfall, but wasn't that the one with all the wereanimals? That sounded pretty awesome, although I doubt they'd ever bring it back.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Do you know how happy this news has just made me?

Thank goodness they've finally set a date for its release! :woo: Although I'll probably end up playing as a Dark Elf, so nothing new there! I see that they're definitely setting it in Skyrim; I wonder what that'll be like.
    You are a proponent of the dark elf as the best class also

Invisibility + Dark elf = Perfection :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)
    You are a proponent of the dark elf as the best class also

Invisibility + Dark elf = Perfection :woo:
    Ah, but they are! Who wouldn't want to be able to summon your own ghost?

Also to add: Invisibility + Dark Elf + any bow = The perfect murderer :woo:

...I've played way too many Dark Brotherhood quests.

:hi: again!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ah, but they are! Who wouldn't want to be able to summon your own ghost?

Also to add: Invisibility + Dark Elf + any bow = The perfect murderer :woo:

...I've played way too many Dark Brotherhood quests.

:hi: again!
    :hi: again

Yea the Assasins Guild was the first one I joined (apart from the mages guild) and then I got my sneak on

No no no! No bow, its all about death magic with flames and frost and then using some swords.

If I used a bow, it was simply: *shoot* *run baaaack* ... *shoot* *run baaaaack* :sigh: too monotone

Especially when there was a hulking black bear lunging at you :lolwut:, with magic low and barely any life and no idea where you are whilst I was looking for some dragon-tongue because I got kicked out of mages guild :rolleyes: lol

ReputationRep:
    :hi: again

Yea the Assasins Guild was the first one I joined (apart from the mages guild) and then I got my sneak on

No no no! No bow, its all about death magic with flames and frost and then using some swords.

If I used a bow, it was simply: *shoot* *run baaaack* ... *shoot* *run baaaaack* :sigh: too monotone

Especially when there was a hulking black bear lunging at you :lolwut:, with magic low and barely any life and no idea where you are whilst I was looking for some dragon-tongue because I got kicked out of mages guild :rolleyes: lol
    Haha, I can't even remember the first guild I joined (it was that long ago ). I think it might have been the Mages Guild. But I do remember when I first tried to join the Dark Brotherhood, I tried to kill someone invincible (without realising it). Fun times lol!

I love bows! One hit kills ftw! But magic is awesome too - I like a mix. One second bombarding them with arrows and the next with fireballs. They don't know what's hitting 'em!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Haha, I can't even remember the first guild I joined (it was that long ago ). I think it might have been the Mages Guild. But I do remember when I first tried to join the Dark Brotherhood, I tried to kill someone invincible (without realising it). Fun times lol!

I love bows! One hit kills ftw! But magic is awesome too - I like a mix. One second bombarding them with arrows and the next with fireballs. They don't know what's hitting 'em!
    :yep: I do love that, I loved going into Oblivion gates as well ... ah good times :moon: and summoning deadra was awesome

I'm almost done with your sig btw, just need a bit more time to finish it off

ReputationRep:
    :yep: I do love that, I loved going into Oblivion gates as well ... ah good times :moon: and summoning deadra was awesome

I'm almost done with your sig btw, just need a bit more time to finish it off
    Ah, Oblivion gates could be fun at times, but there were way too many of them in the main quest. I did love the atronachs though! I also found it fun when you could infiltrate the Mythic Dawn before wrecking havoc from inside! :woo:

I can't wait to see what my sig is going to look like! :jumphug: But take as long as you need to!

(I predict that I'll be getting Final fantasy XIII soon, given the speed I'm playing through the Bioshock series. :eek: )
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ah, Oblivion gates could be fun at times, but there were way too many of them in the main quest. I did love the atronachs though! I also found it fun when you could infiltrate the Mythic Dawn before wrecking havoc from inside! :woo:

I can't wait to see what my sig is going to look like! :jumphug: But take as long as you need to!

(I predict that I'll be getting Final fantasy XIII soon, given the speed I'm playing through the Bioshock series. :eek: )
    I am actually also playin through Bioshock :cool: I felt like re-living 1 before I got into number 2 :yep:

Yea your sig will look good, I would have finished by now but I can't put my finger on the last touch, it is frustrating :unimpressed: hehe but hopefully I shall finish it off by tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I am actually also playin through Bioshock :cool: I felt like re-living 1 before I got into number 2 :yep:

Yea your sig will look good, I would have finished by now but I can't put my finger on the last touch, it is frustrating :unimpressed: hehe but hopefully I shall finish it off by tomorrow.
    I just finished Bioshock a few days ago - was actually pretty good. And the Big Daddies weren't as tough as I thought they'd be. At least, not compared to what they're like in 2! :eek: I love it when the Little Sisters call them "Mr Bubbles".

Wow, that soon! :eek: I can tell it'll look awesome once it's finished! No pressure!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I just finished Bioshock a few days ago - was actually pretty good. And the Big Daddies weren't as tough as I thought they'd be. At least, not compared to what they're like in 2! :eek: I love it when the Little Sisters call them "Mr Bubbles".

Wow, that soon! :eek: I can tell it'll look awesome once it's finished! No pressure!
    Haha, yea "Mr Bubbles, its time to sleep" Gotta love them. The graphics and gameplay in 2 is so much better, in Bioshock 2 its all about the action and crazyness whereas in 1 its about the story and philosophical themes.

Hopefully it will be done that soon but I hope you like it when I finish it

ReputationRep:
    Mass Effect 3 trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...-effect/708362

OHHHHHH MMMMYYYYY GODDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is possibly everything I could ever ask for, that looks AWESOME. OMNOMNOMNOM NOMNOMNOMNOM

This will be epic. ...omg

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.