Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My mum is beating the **** out of my little sister. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Get your sister and get out of there, go anywhere, just get out of there.
    I am an English mother and despite one of the previous postings I do not get drunk nor do I beat my children, I am also a teacher and have had to intervene several times over the years when abuse has been going on in my students' families. Get out of there NOW! Do not sit around and think "I'll do something if it happens again" it will happen again.... and again.... and again....
    There are good people out there who care about yourself and your little sister, find them, please. Do not waste another moment of your lives with this dreadful woman. You were brave enough to come on this website - now take this advice and leave. Your sister will love you all the more because you saved her.
    Years ago my dad used to hit my little sister for scratching her blisters when she had exczema, I didn't step in even though I wanted to and she has never forgiven me for that. To this day we don't speak.
    Please don't let that happen to you.
    x

ReputationRep:
    Dont know if this has been mentioned already.. but i'm sure a law was passed so that parents couldnt physically punish there children?

..If so, social services.. might i ask, how old are you?
    Its hard to know what to do in a situation like this because, if you're 18 or so, social services could give you a house (maybe..dont know how it works) and you would be looking after your little sister meaning you couldnt go to uni( if you want too) .. Or they could give your mum a shock and she'll be come all the better person because of it. Maybe.

Now unless your little sister is getting bruises etc from the abuse, i'd tend to leave it... at the stage you're probable in at this time of your life theres nothing you can do.
    If you had already done a degree, got your own hous etc then maybe you couldve interviened and took care of her.

In short:
    Bruised=social services
    Forceful Teaching=leave be, give your sister support.. maker her laugh

Hope this helps a bit... really sorry for your predicament.

(Original post by LukeNunn)
    Dont know if this has been mentioned already.. but i'm sure a law was passed so that parents couldnt physically punish there children?

..If so, social services.. might i ask, how old are you?
    Its hard to know what to do in a situation like this because, if you're 18 or so, social services could give you a house (maybe..dont know how it works) and you would be looking after your little sister meaning you couldnt go to uni( if you want too) .. Or they could give your mum a shock and she'll be come all the better person because of it. Maybe.

Now unless your little sister is getting bruises etc from the abuse, i'd tend to leave it... at the stage you're probable in at this time of your life theres nothing you can do.
    If you had already done a degree, got your own hous etc then maybe you couldve interviened and took care of her.

In short:
    Bruised=social services
    Forceful Teaching=leave be, give your sister support.. maker her laugh

Hope this helps a bit... really sorry for your predicament.
    I'm Indian, Hindu born, my mum was born in Kenya and came to the UK much later on before getting married. The only way she "sorts me out" is by threatening or beating. I'm 20 now but I don't even remember that clearly as I was too young to remember, everyone in my area knows of my story though and our relatives, people who know people that know us. My mum when I was toddler threatened to burn me with an iron when I was a toddler, as I didn't want to go nursery or reception whatever. Like I said, I don't remember clearly but I remember how I never wanted to go school and mum had no time to deal with me, it was either beats or threats. So I would go into school pretending to be ill and sit or nap in the medical room.

Mum had no time as like the majority of the Asian woman in my area, she had a full time corporate job. I was always babysat since I was a baby, mum worked in Central London and I would have to wakeup at 4am everyday to go to the child-minder's house. The social services apparently got involved, don't know what happened after that. Mum still used to beat me a heck of a lot, the last time before my birthday in year 10, had bruises. Then I continued to self harm a bit but snapped out of it in high school. The reason I got beats then was because I went to a rough girl's high school and hated it, my punctuality was appalling and mum used to make me read out my report, with the no. of lates I had. Then tell me to get the stick whilst I am reading so she can beat me.

My sister is 4yrs older but never had it as bad, dad is always there too but they laugh at me particularly if I sit there crying. I've turned out OK but it has affected me, I understand my mum had no time to deal with me as she had work. Also she's African born so her method of raising kids is, you must be punctual, get straight A's, not argue back, study study study work work work. My sister always and always will hate me, she used to beat the crap out of me too and is more built in size. We don't talk nor get along and I try to live my separate life although living in the same house. She just hasn't been a "sister" for me ever and I always was the one who used to help her get grades. Instead I get called a stupid dumb ****ing retard. How nice karma is...

*Mum had no time as unlike the majority of the Asian woman in my area, she had a full time corporate job.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.