Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

tuition fees etc.....DEMOCRACY IS A JOKE AND A FACADE!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AFAIK)
    Thats nonsense, their anti-government 'Blogosphere' is one of the most active in the world. They cant talk too much in public so they rant online. Besides, why would China dislike my saying that western democracy is not as good as the chinese system? In my view the only benefit of democracy is stability and peace, if china has it too then there is little difference between us and them.
    It's not nonsense at all. Yes, such a blogosphere does exist, but it's not made remotely as public as TSR for example. You only have to look at recent issues to see how much the Chinese government take people speaking out against them or their systems seriously.

(Original post by AFAIK)
    I agree with you here slightly, though I think they over-emphasised the thuggary aspect...
    Perhaps, but again, it's what sells for media companies. Some papers are clearly worse than others for this, but they all do it because it's eye-catching and attractive to prospective readers, and so people buy the paper. Not saying I agree with it, but it's the way it is.

(Original post by AFAIK)
    fair point. But what do you make of the smear campaign and attempt to arrest Assange as a phaedophile. Even if its true, it is very obvious that they have been digging around in his past to find grounds to arrest him, thats not in doubt. Its the same thing they did to Al Capone, who they arrested on grounds of tax evasion - its very sneaky and cheeky,THEY WISH TO ARREST THE FOUNDER OF WIKILEAKS IN ORDER TO SUPPRESS THE TRUTH NOT TO PUNISH HIM AS A CHILD TOUCHER - THEY HAVE FOUND A WAY TO DO IT THROUGH CHILD ABUSE CHARGES, IT SEEMS ABIT DARK AND 1984-esque.
    Eeek CAPS make things difficult to read!

Smear campaign? Come on, we know the US government would like to see him off, but the only promotion of his arrest has been through the media, which would be reporting it with or without state intervention.

It's not an attempt - he has actually been arrested by the London Met.

They weren't digging around in his past - 2 women came forward to police on 20th August and made the allegations against him for events allegedly occuring on 16th August. Naturally, he was called in for questioning, and an arrest warrant was later issued.

Firstly, it's nothing to do with child abuse - these were adults, one of which was hosting a conference of his. Secondly, do you honestly think that a government, which would like to be seen as above board would try and arrest somebody who millions of people around the world know that said government don't lie? It's a massive risk to take, because you could only do it in the hope that either word didn't get out about the arrest or that people believed such coincidence. Regardless of all of this, you're still making a huge assumption by saying he's been arrested for sex abuse charges to surpress the truth, especially when the governments knew about an insurance file on the website.

(Original post by AFAIK)
    Im pretty certain there is a rule stating that manifesto promises need to be pursued, certainly not attacked! Can anyone explain this further?
    A source would be useful here, because as far as I'm aware, this is isn't the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AFAIK)
    Most departments were not cut by more than 20%, education has been cut by 80%!!!!! ConDems know that the students are the easiest group to f-u-c-k because other social groups thing that students always protest or that they are lucky to have university or a host of other reasons.

The economy is a knowledge economy, the only thing that will keep British welfare high in future is a highly skilled, highly educated workforce. THE BEST THING WE CAN INVEST TAXPAYER MONEY IN IS EDUCATION.

Cutting the army is sensible as it is generally immoral and useless and hampers our future economic prospects by making certain countries hate us and by making us waste time training meatheads to rape ragheads.
    I think the only thing left to conclude is that you're a moron. Students of Britain won't have to pay back their student loan until they get into a job earning over £21k a year. Normally the £21k+ a year jobs are ones where a student can utilise their knowledge.

How much are the new tuition fees going to be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooster523)
    I think the only thing left to conclude is that you're a moron. Students of Britain won't have to pay back their student loan until they get into a job earning over £21k a year. Normally the £21k+ a year jobs are ones where a student can utilise their knowledge.

How much are the new tuition fees going to be?
    Totally agree......there is an inherant arrogance among some students that think that the fate of the entire world lies with educating students and therefore should be paid for by the government....this is a deluded and ignorant view of society.

It is not a right to go to university, it is a choice.

Comments like "training meatheads to rape ragheads" is pretty poor to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by profoflife)
    Totally agree......there is an inherant arrogance among some students that think that the fate of the entire world lies with educating students and therefore should be paid for by the government.....
    The developed economy is a knowledge economy. How do you propse a country succeed as a developed economy without knowledge gained in universities? Our govt. should want what is best for the welfare of our country, preventing us from competing in the developed world is unlikely to help maintain the standard of living we are used to.

the govt. has cut 80% from education and now wants us to foot the bill. there is no real investment in education, and there is a risk of discouraging people from studying.....so to me it seems imprudent. i apologise for dissing the army but generally the ones I have met are sexist,racist, narrow minded, men's men, aka pricks.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AFAIK)
    Most departments were not cut by more than 20%, education has been cut by 80%!!!!!
    No, only university funding has been cut by 80%. AFAIK, the free education for everybody from 4-18 has not been touched, apart from EMA. (I think. correct me if I'm wrong)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AFAIK)
    There was a picture of a rioter climbing the cenotaph as the front page for atleast 3 major newspapers (Times, Telegraph, Sun) yesterday. The day before showed the royal family being attacked. It feels as if our media is trying to cause divides between the elderly and the young on this issue.

At the same time, America has imprisoned a CIA whistleblower that published a video of a helicopter crew trying to gun down civilians, and they are making up stories about the founder of wikileaks and trying to arrest him on the grounds of phaedophilia.

At the same time, Nick Clegg has made a complete U-turn on his election pledge, which as far as I am aware/concerned is illegal and if not illegal then highly undemocratic. Masses of students mobilised to plead that they not be saddled with tens of thousands of pounds of debt and the majority abided by the law - their efforts have been ignored and politicians keep branding them as "thugs...violent people" etc......

IT FEELS LIKE DEMOCRACY IS A COMPLETE JOKE. ITS A STUPID IDEOLOGY THAT NATIONALISTS RANT ABOUT SELF-RIGHTEOUSLY, THE ONLY GOOD THING WE GET FROM IT IS STABLE GOVERNMENTS AND PEACE....THE PEOPLE ARE IGNORED, WE WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITH A LIBERAL DICTATORSHIP AS THEY HAVE IN CHINA, THEN ATLEAST WE WOULD NOT GO THROUGH ALL THIS POLTICIAL WRANGLING LYING *******S..

You're as guilty oif lying as much as they are.

You have no evidence that the allegations against Assange aren't genuine.
    They are not paedophilia allegations, they are rape allegations.
    It is the Swedes who have requested his extradition not the US.
    Election pledges are not legally binding you dipstick.
    The students demonstration was ignored because most of the electorate either don't care or agree with the fee increase being paid for by the end users.
    They singularly demonstrated their thugishness on several occasions. The ones who attacked Prince Charles weren't shot dead by his armed guards because of their supreme professionalism.

I could continue to take your feeble rant apart but I'm bored now.

Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AFAIK)
    The economy is a knowledge economy, the only thing that will keep British welfare high in future is a highly skilled, highly educated workforce. THE BEST THING WE CAN INVEST TAXPAYER MONEY IN IS EDUCATION.

Cutting the army is sensible as it is generally immoral and useless and hampers our future economic prospects by making certain countries hate us and by making us waste time training meatheads to rape ragheads.
    1. Students are not our greatest asset
    2. The fate of the country does not rest on the students shoulders
    3. The military are not a bunch of "meatheads", just because your a student, getting degrees and such does NOT make you better than anybody else, I come from a military background (RAF)
    4. Cuts have come everywere, hundreds of thousands of jobs have been lost, Uni has been cut, and thats a choice wether you got there or not, under the new scheme you have to pay back our loans once your earning £21,000, cuts everywere else mean that people cant feed thier families, you have it really, really easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhinger)
    Hello,

I'd just like to say you're a bit of a c*nt, and if the world was filled with people of your kind, we'd be F*CKED.

Sincerely,
    Rhinger.
    Hello,

I'd just like to say that 99% of people here will be laughing at you for not being able to come up with a coherent argument. I do believe that if the world were to be filled with "people of your kind", we wouldn't have progressed since the stone age.

Yours not-so-faithfully,
    DarkWhite.

P.S. In case you haven't figured it out, I'd like to hear why you feel this way, rather than read your meaningless tripe.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.