Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got revenge today ... and it feels great. Is that bad? watch

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations. That is actually a great story

I feel sorry for the people behind you in the queue however...

(Original post by Guy Secretan)
    Yeah it is quite funny but did she actually remember you from school and see it as revenge. Far better would be to just walk in and punch her in the face. Why did she bully you? I take it you are a girl as well.
    Oh, she remembered me.

"What the **** are you doing here?"
    "That's not really a way to speak to a customer, is it?"

I have no desire for violence, and no idea why she bullied me. Yes, I am also female.

ReputationRep:
    MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

excellent *in Mr Burns' voice*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I would have got no satisfaction from being violent, whereas this was quite amusing to me.
    ah you misunderstand not violence. sorry I edited my post as I thought I'd include an example, I'll past it here...

An example might be going through the till as normal then going to find the manager and saying that I feel really guilty so have to inform them that the person on the till goes to my school/college etc and they just offered to sell my group of friends alcohol even though we're not 18 and I'd heard they'd been doing it for a while. This would only work in stores without CCTV covering the tills, but a fair few supermarkets don't do this so it would work.

but it depends on how bad the bullying was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEJ92)
    would have been better if you'd paid with a £50 note and then said as she gave you your change "oh isn't it funny you serving me here"
    haha that's brilliant I don't want to go p*ssing you off!

ReputationRep:
    I would have made her count them twice, 'just to make sure', you wouldn't want to be overcharge, would you?

ReputationRep:
    should have asked for a refund straight after, then do it again

repeat as necessary

(Original post by joey11223)
    ah you misunderstand not violence. sorry I edited my post as I thought I'd include an example, I'll past it here...

An example might be going through the till as normal then going to find the manager and saying that I feel really guilty so have to inform them that the person on the till goes to my school/college etc and they just offered to sell my group of friends alcohol even though we're not 18 and I'd heard they'd been doing it for a while. This would only work in stores without CCTV covering the tills, but a fair few supermarkets don't do this so it would work.

but it depends on how bad the bullying was.
    The bullying led to me having a broken arm at once stage.

I don't know... She might have a kid or someone to support, I wouldn't want her to lose her job. This felt like enough.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Actually, as a matter of law, the money you were proposing to pay with was not legal tender - so the manager had a right to refuse you. But, thankfully he either didn't know or didn't care (or wanted more change!) so she had to count it all lol.

For your reference:

http://www.royalmint.com/corporate/p...uidelines.aspx
    You beat me to it....

I'd love to see someone pay for a house in £5 crowns...

ReputationRep:
    Would have been better if you got her fired

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01010000 01001010)
    Not too embarrass you or drift off topic but "London, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Northern Hemisphere, World, Universe, Milkyway Galaxy." is wrong. If you're a physics applicant then surely you know that galaxies are in the Universe, not the other way around...
    Oh my bad. Someone reminded me that I left off the milky way galaxy and I just stuck it on the end. I'll change it next time I remember so that it doesn't cause anymore successdistress.

ReputationRep:
    Great revenge!

Til she sees you in the street and hits you in the face with a shovel she is conveniently holding. (: I joke, not bad but at the same time... she was getting paid.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - luckily, neither she nor her manager seemed to realise that.
    Both are soft bints.

ReputationRep:
    go you i would feel exactly the same!
    I'm also quite in awe that you managed to gather 2000 pennies:P

ReputationRep:
    The bullying led to me having a broken arm at once stage.

I don't know... She might have a kid or someone to support, I wouldn't want her to lose her job. This felt like enough.
    a broken arm!? *hugs*:console:

Hmmm..did she push you over, or actually hit you? I bet it hurt a lot, breaks really do, unfortunately bullies don't understand how much things hurt at times, you have to be on the receiving end to appreciate the effects an action..

ReputationRep:
    I was bullied a lot in school. A few days ago, I found out that my worst bully was working the tills during specific known hours at the local supermarket ... so I decided to pay her a visit.

There was something I wanted to buy anyway for £20, so I decided to find it in the smallest change I had and buy it there from this girl. As luck would have it, I had two thousand pennies* ... so I gathered them up, went and got this item, went to her till and presented my bag of two thousand pennies.

She called her manager over and, in the conversation that followed, I said, "So let me get this straight for when I tell the papers - you're going to refuse to accept legal tender?" In the end, the manager just told this girl to count them, and it felt great watching her count all two thousand of them.

Am I mental? Who the hell collects and counts two thousand pennies, then carries them around (they're quite heavy) and then gets such satisfaction from watching someone else have to count them out to make sure there are indeed two thousand of them?

Is it bad that I felt so vindicated after this incident?

* Well, I didn't have all two thousand ... but various friends and family contributed, and I paid them in large coins, so they were happy.
    You just wrote one of the funniest things I have ever read. I will remember this forever.

How long did it take her to count the pennies? did she lose count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeStinks)
    anymore success.
    you mean distress right?

:p:D

sorry I had too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    you mean distress right?

:p:D

sorry I had too.
    Lool, I said the sentence in my head then got distracted while typing.

Damn me and my lack of ability to multitask.

ReputationRep:
    What are you talking about OP? You did this girl a favour!

I used to work in a supermarket and I'd have been happy for the distraction. The more time spent counting pennies, the less time spent serving idiot customers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeStinks)

Damn me and my lack of ability to multitask.
    :eek: you're letting the side down! I'm multitasking right now, typing this, watching Law and Order: Criminal Intent AND drinking tea!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.