Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, what do you want to see? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdsure)
    area paraylysis is my favourite, you can get everyone within 30 metres of you to collapse instantly!
    :yep: I randomly found a staff once in a ruined fort which did this.

I went straight away to the Imperial City, ran around attacking guards everywhere, then stopped, turned, and paralysed about 20 people in one go. :rofl:

(Original post by shan735)
    Maybe its just me,

but everything else has been mentioned besides this :

I'd really love to fight whilst on the horse, instead of having to get off and then start fighting.

It'll also be very cool .
    Agreed. Also, fighting horseback would go well with spears, if they make a comeback. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    There's a new team at ZeniMax that's supposedly making an MMO of a Bethesda title (don't think it's been confirmed yet whether it's TES or Fallout, but it's not believed to be a new IP or something different to either of those two) but because it's not Bethesda that are making it, I can say with some confidence that TESV is not the MMO that's in the works
    That's good Thanks very much for that, I can look forward to it now!

I should also note that being a werewolf was fairly rubbish. It had even more limitations than being a vampire but with fewer benefits! I guess that's what they didn't use it again. Still, with an overhaul I'd hope to see both werewolves and vampires back for Skyrim. I don't want the lore to be restricted simply to dragons and pagan gods.

Ability to move corpses by picking them up. I had so much time spent on trying to push corpses into rivers on the waterfront.

ReputationRep:
      I want archery to scale properly with level. It's alright at the start of the game, but before long you're having to walk backwards firing tens, if not hundreds of arrows into certain enemies before they're brought down. It renders the archer useless.

ReputationRep:
      A better engine, but more of the same really. Probably my favourite RPG of this generation to date.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cambo211)
      They've already confirmed its a new engine

Proof!

Yay, my fellow Tory is just as hyped for Skyrim as I am!

(Original post by Craig_D)
        I should also note that being a werewolf was fairly rubbish. It had even more limitations than being a vampire but with fewer benefits! I guess that's what they didn't use it again. Still, with an overhaul I'd hope to see both werewolves and vampires back for Skyrim. I don't want the lore to be restricted simply to dragons and pagan gods.
        That would be pretty cool vampires and werewolves - you could even create some really good rival sidequests out of that - a bit like the Underworld series.

You know proper vampires and werewolves, not like that Twilight sparkly ****.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by tbdavies)
        Yay, my fellow Tory is just as hyped for Skyrim as I am!
        We TSR Tories love Skyrim :awesome:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
        That would be pretty cool vampires and werewolves - you could even create some really good rival sidequests out of that - a bit like the Underworld series.

You know proper vampires and werewolves, not like that Twilight sparkly ****.

Twilight came so close to ruining werewolves and vampires forever, didn't it? :mad: Bram Stoker's probably turning in his grave!

Still, I agree that some kind of werewolf/vampire rivalry would be awesome! You could actually be on to something there, there could be a brilliant side quest-line in the real game where you have a choice of joining one of the groups and then doing quests helping to fight the other (if not, it would make a great mod). Half the reason that being a vampire or werewolf was so rubbish was because once you were infected there wasn't really anything to do with it, no quests or factions, nothing; you just occupy yourself by going around killing until you get bored (which was quickly).

I'm really looking forward to this now. I've just pre-ordered it on Amazon for £30 :facepalm: Why did I have to do that? Now I know that I've already bought it the 11 month wait is going to seem even longer....

ReputationRep:
        Twilight came so close to ruining werewolves and vampires forever, didn't it? :mad: Bram Stoker's probably turning in his grave
        Bram Stoker is probably enjoying the anti-sex messages inherent in Twilight, to be honest.

Twilight came so close to ruining werewolves and vampires forever, didn't it? :mad: Bram Stoker's probably turning in his grave!

Still, I agree that some kind of werewolf/vampire rivalry would be awesome! You could actually be on to something there, there could be a brilliant side quest-line in the real game where you have a choice of joining one of the groups and then doing quests helping to fight the other (if not, it would make a great mod). Half the reason that being a vampire or werewolf was so rubbish was because once you were infected there wasn't really anything to do with it, no quests or factions, nothing; you just occupy yourself by going around killing until you get bored (which was quickly).

I'm really looking forward to this now. I've just pre-ordered it on Amazon for £28 :facepalm: Why did I have to do that? Now I know that I've already bought it the 11 month wait is going to seem even longer....
          Turning in his undead grave. :teehee:

You're now pumping out ideas, getting me excited for what will be a disappointment. Still ... there's always PC mods like you said. :teeth:

Exactly, it would be cool if they had some sort of "overthrow the Vampiric rule or bloodline" and vice versa. I really hope they have as good sidequests as Oblivion. Something always gets sacrificed in these games.

Or sucking blood. Let's not forget the sucking blood part.

ReputationRep:
          I never completed Oblivion, but I still got at least 100 hours in and that's my whole experience with Elder Scrolls at all. I personally would like to see:

- More customisability, maybe the ability to create my own guild; choose my own type, choose the members etc.
          - Better looking characters
          - More varied armours, I hated that my daedra armour made me look like a stupidly big monster-like being. I'd rather have something more realistic in the same way as Lord of the Rings.
          - Less caves and repetitive tasks.
          - More of an Assassins Creed-like map, but not as big cities, and a lot of countryside like before.
          - A Final Fantasy 'ultimate weapon' type thing where I have to find the various parts scattered around the world to create my perfect weapon.
          - Less hand-holding. Some missions were just so easy because the game gives you pointers. I'd like to include more outside thinking so that you figure the puzzles alone.
          - Sort out the levelling system. I'd prefer enemies to stay the same strength throughout the game, so that I cannot explore all areas until i'm strong enough.
          - A new physics engine.

That's all I can think of. right now.

This game will be awesome regardless.

ReputationRep:
          My god, I have never loved a game as much as Oblivion, this thread brings back many happy memories.

ReputationRep:
          What about dragon-people?

Since it's in keeping with the theme, and I don't think it has been in a game at all yet.

ReputationRep:
          This is really exciting!

Okay, what I'd like to see...

Although it was far better than Morrowind's and at times pretty good, I'd actually like a different combat system. I liked all the extra moves that came with Journeyman/Master and how people would stagger, but it looked a bit tacky somtimes...

Sort of the running! I have hopes for this new system!! Whenever you wanted to run at an angle that wasn't 90 degrees to whichever way you were facing, the animation was just terrible.

As many people have said, more voice actors! At first the facial expressions and even the personality system was actually a really nice addition, but this is all relative to Morrowind which was, at the time, a great game but is now a little...not bad, but out of date. It's wonder has worn off for me.

Just thought of this, but GUNS! How cool would that be? A nice alternative to bows and arrows.

I'd quite like to see a few more "special features"...for example, a skill you can learn that allows you to "execute" an enemy when they're on 15 percent health or something with a single hit, and a nice stabbing animation to go with it. That would be awesome!

Can't think of too much else...

ReputationRep:
          They need to have more voice actors and perhaps make magic more accessible.

I'd also like there to minimal amount of grinding.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Einheri)
          So, with the joyous news of a new TES game in the works and even a release date (11/11/2011) what do you want to see in the new game that wasn't in or should be different to previous titles?

Personally:

Bring back levitation. It was so much fun in Morrowind and really allows interesting area design.

Bring back spears. As the most ubiquitous weapon in pre-modern history it's frankly bizarre to see a world without them. And make them decent this time, they almost all sucked in the previous games (except Oblvion, because they weren't included).

I want the game world to seem alien, like in Morrowind, the other games were too familiar with a generic fantasy setting. Skyrim has so much potential.

The arms and armour should be less ridiculous, golden swords as thick as a 2x4 and hand-axes weighing 20 kilos are just ridiculous. I hope they draw more from historical examples which, IMO, look both more practical and elegant. They should also have more distinct negatives and positives, in Oblivion there was no incentive to use anything but the heaviest armour and a sword. Sort out bows, even the most badass of badassed badasses can't take 20 arrows in the face and live.

Fast travel. The form this took in Oblvion broke immersion, fast travel is fine with a veneer of reality i.e boats and siltstriders in Morrowind.

Sort out the levelling system. What's the point of levelling up if by level 20 a rat is as powerful as a minotaur at level 1? And common bandits should not be wearing/wielding daedric.

More voice actors. The price of Captain Jean Luc Picard and Boromir could have paid for another 50 voice actors as opposed to about, umm, seven.

Finally, less FedEx fetish.

Okay, I'm done. Have at it.
          Pretty much all of that.
          Although I would also want amazing graphics for folks on the PC, and a ridiculously large map as I found Oblivion to be too small.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Jimbo1234)
          Pretty much all of that.
          Although I would also want amazing graphics for folks on the PC, and a ridiculously large map as I found Oblivion to be too small.
          I don't think it'll be a larger map because Skrim is smaller than Cyrodiil, though they could make up for it with things like underground cities.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
          Turning in his undead grave. :teehee:

You're now pumping out ideas, getting me excited for what will be a disappointment. Still ... there's always PC mods like you said. :teeth:

Exactly, it would be cool if they had some sort of "overthrow the Vampiric rule or bloodline" and vice versa. I really hope they have as good sidequests as Oblivion. Something always gets sacrificed in these games.

Or sucking blood. Let's not forget the sucking blood part.

It would also be awesome to be able to turn people into vampires, like in the Morrowind Vampire Mod.

ReputationRep:
          I want a game that has a decent frigging storyline. :yep:

Submit reply
        TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2011
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.