Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Menakshelatte)
    why? does it make a masive difference if she was 17?
    The big difference being you can **** her and not end up in prison?

ReputationRep:
    why? does it make a masive difference if she was 17?
    Because a pedo is attracted to a child, i.e someone that has not yet reached sexual maturity. A pedo likes 8 year olds, not 18 year olds. Any man that is attracted to a fully grown, sexually mature woman(biologically) is completely normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahedul)
    The big difference being you can **** her and not end up in prison?
    oh so that makes the whole issue a lot better?
    yh it doesn't matter if i'm 40 yrs older than her..if i dont have a chance ending up in prison it makes me totally normal..i'm no perv or pedo.

does that really sound right to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManAbout)
    Because a pedo is attracted to a child, i.e someone that has not yet reached sexual maturity. A pedo likes 8 year olds, not 18 year olds. Any man that is attracted to a fully grown, sexually mature woman(biologically) is completely normal.
    omg i dont believe this..it maybe legal.but what you're trying to say is she's a child at 17 and an adult at 18 so it makes the issue normal???

ReputationRep:
    oh so that makes the whole issue a lot better?
    yh it doesn't matter if i'm 40 yrs older than her..if i dont have a chance ending up in prison it makes me totally normal..i'm no perv or pedo.

does that really sound right to you?
    In response to this, what 'Man About' said, this 'A pedo likes 8 year olds, not 18 year olds. Any man that is attracted to a fully grown, sexually mature woman(biologically) is completely normal. '

ReputationRep:
    omg i dont believe this..it maybe legal.but what you're trying to say is she's a child at 17 and an adult at 18 so it makes the issue normal???
    Look, you dont go around calling a 30 year old man who wants to go out with an 18 year old a pedo. That is absolutely false. Anybody will tell you that. Whether it is societally acceptable or not is totally another matter.

And what is normal? Do you think two guys having sex is "normal"? Do you go around calling them names?

ReputationRep:
    Look, you dont go around calling a 30 year old man who wants to go out with an 18 year old a pedo. That is absolutely false. Anybody will tell you that. Whether it is societally acceptable or not is totally another matter.

And what is normal? Do you think two guys having sex is "normal"? Do you go around calling them names?
    thats irrelevant

although pedo definately isnt the right word, that doesnt make their "relationship" acceptable. any old (no pun intended) 30yo, mehh fair enough.. but their teacher??
    would you be alright if it was your 18yo sister/daughter??

hopefully its an infatuation that'll fade out in a couple weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
    Regardless of the whole teacher and student thing (which is major, but still) I think it's a bit sad that he's 30 and fraternising with 18 year olds. 18 year old students. Even if he only sees you in a platonic way, he should be seeking friendships with people closer to his own age who he has no authority over. The whole thing just screams that he hasn't the maturity to maintain friendships or a relationship with someone closer to his own age. While you might think it's great that you're 'friends' with someone 12 years your senior, it doesn't look so good that he is 'friends' with someone 12 years his junior. You're meant to be at entirely different stages of your life, and if you seem to be finding a lot of common ground, something's wrong - i.e. he needs to grow up.
    I see your point, but the reason I like him is partly because I prefer older men, I am very mature for my age and behave more 28 than 18! He, however, is less mature for his age, is kind of like a bit of a big kid himself, which i think is why we get on so very well.

ReputationRep:
    Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyDace)
    PS we all had this teacher student once and it will fade away like in a month (it did with me)
    I've known and been attracted to him for over a year now, it won't fade for some time I don't think. Having said that i don't think its anything deeper than a crush.

ReputationRep:
    If the teacher was female and the student male no one would cry "pedo!". :rolleyes: Besides many women are at their peak of attractiveness at 18~20 so it doesn't make real sense to criticize the poor guy. However I think any relationship were there is an imbalance of power and authority involved is awkward and messy (boss/employee, student/teacher, Clinton/Lewinsky ).

ReputationRep:

fine not pedo.perverted,creepy unormal.
    just cos i dont call them names it doesnt mean i approve of it.i just have respect.
    same here..if she's 18 and wants to go out with a teacher 50 yrs older than her..i'll respect however it wont change my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    just cos i dont call them names it doesnt mean i approve of it.i just have respect.
    same here..if she's 18 and wants to go out with a teacher 50 yrs older than her..i'll respect however it wont change my opinion.
    So you respect the 18 year old's attraction to mature men but not the older man's attraction to younger women? Sounds like double standards to me.

ReputationRep:
    50 years older than me? the guys just turned 30! and to answer previous questions, he looks a lot younger than he is, early 20s, with cropped blonde hair and cute little blue eyes, about 6 foot 2 and quite burly.

ReputationRep:
    Here are your options:

1) Tell him about it.

2) Don't tell him about it and move on.

He sounds young-ish, you get on well, you're 18 and clearly old enough to make decisions, so just do what makes you happy. Honestly, I don't know what you people would do without me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerr Avon)
    Here are your options:

1) Tell him about it.

2) Don't tell him about it and move on.

He sounds young-ish, you get on well, you're 18 and clearly old enough to make decisions, so just do what makes you happy. Honestly, I don't know what you people would do without me...
    Haha you legend, considering telling him about it, but only subtly, and post-school... :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LazLuvsLife)
    Haha you legend, considering telling him about it, but only subtly, and post-school... :-)
    OK, time for option 3, randomly snog him after class. Running out of ideas here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    So you respect the 18 year old's attraction to mature men but not the older man's attraction to younger women? Sounds like double standards to me.
    olders meant to be maturer.plus they should be able to control their feelings..especially if they're a teacher.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Kerr Avon)
    OK, time for option 3, randomly snog him after class. Running out of ideas here!
    Or in class: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR4LJjCBWE0

(Not a serious suggestion btw but as an ABBA fan, I couldn't resist :p: )

OP: I personally wouldn't do anything myself but if you're set on it, I'd say definitely once you've left school and probably for the sake of avoiding awkwardness as much as possible, don't make out that you're asking him on a date but just as "friends" or whatever...

ReputationRep:
    Im going to give you some good advice: dont do anything
    but if you must:
    1) go into his classroom, with him coming in behind you
    2)trip and land so you are leaning over his desk (make sure you are wearing a short skirt)
    3) turn round to face him and wink
    4) bow chicka wow wow!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.