Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who on earth can City replace Tevez with? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Balotelli and Adebayor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anti-duck)
    Problem?
    You seriously think Saviola can replace Tevez, that is the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    You seriously think Saviola can replace Tevez, that is the problem.
    No, I seriously think Saviola is a decent striker that Man City have a hope of getting.

ReputationRep:
    No disrespect to City BUT Tevez isn't world class. He's their best player, but you can't put him in the same bracket as say Rooney, Villa, Messi, Ronaldo, (and the other forwards *** strikers). I used to think maybe Dunne or Ireland were City's best players. They're going to be taking Aston Villa down, so go figure.

What I'm trying to say is, to be City's best player doesn't make you OMG it's another Wayne Rooney/Ronaldo situation.

ReputationRep:
    Tevez probably has the best workrate of strikers in the world, bar maybe Rooney on form.

ReputationRep:
    Why would any decent striker want to go to such a small club? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    No disrespect to City BUT Tevez isn't world class. He's their best player, but you can't put him in the same bracket as say Rooney, Villa, Messi, Ronaldo, (and the other forwards *** strikers). I used to think maybe Dunne or Ireland were City's best players. They're going to be taking Aston Villa down, so go figure.

What I'm trying to say is, to be City's best player doesn't make you OMG it's another Wayne Rooney/Ronaldo situation.
    Tevez isn't world class but Rooney is? Hasn't scored in open play since April. Definitely up there with Ronaldo, Messi, Villa etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Matty-)
    Tevez isn't world class but Rooney is? Hasn't scored in open play since April. Definitely up there with Ronaldo, Messi, Villa etc
    Form is temporary, class is permanant, as the old saying goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    There are only a handful of strikers in the world as good as Carlos Tevez, namely Torres, Drogba, Villa and perhaps Higuain and Pato (although probably not). I can't see City being able to get any of these players, no matter how much money they throw at these players' current owners. So who do you think they will replace him with? I have heard rumours about Dzeko from Wolfsburg, but is he really an adequate replacement?

Your thoughts...
    Balotelli lol jk

Maybe one of these:

Thomas Muller
    Edin Dzeko
    Nuri Sahin
    Samuel Eto'o
    Andy Carroll

Others may not be reliable imo.

ReputationRep:
    They'll keep Tevez till the end of the season. Reach a deal with him and he'll agree.

Then if they do get Champions League football. They'll break the bank for almost anyone. They should buy young though.

I certainly hope they don't come in for Andy Carroll... (Even if it was for stupid money. Because Newcastle United wouldn't see any of it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    Form is temporary, class is permanant, as the old saying goes.
    So when, outside of a few months last season, has Rooney shown this apparent permanent class as a striker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)
    Balotelli lol jk

Maybe one of these:

Thomas Muller
    Edin Dzeko
    Nuri Sahin
    Samuel Eto'o
    Andy Carroll

Others may not be reliable imo.
    Doesn't Nuri Sahin play as a deep lying midfielder?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like Mancini's type of striker :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Yeah true. My bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostCompetitive)
    The best players in the world will definitely reject city.
    Sorry what degree are you wanting to do?

Ermm I don't even really think Tevez is all that great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maturity)
    Sorry what degree are you wanting to do?

Any reason? His work rate has always been astounding, and he's added goals to his game now. It's a shame about his attitude, but he's easily one of the best strikers in the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maturity)
    That's why I said that the best players will definitely reject city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    You say Balotelli lol jk but name Mueller and Carroll who are not better players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    You say Balotelli lol jk but name Mueller and Carroll who are not better players.
    Well done?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.