Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MSc Finance: Cass BS vs Warwick BS Watch

• View Poll Results: MSc Finance at what Business School?
    Cass Business School
    32.43%
    Warwick Business School
    67.57%

ReputationRep:
    I got offers from :

Warwick for the Msc finance

Imperial College London for the Msc finance

LSE for the Msc accounting, organisations and institutions

I will go for Imperial College London as the university is very prestigious (9th in the world, Times higher education world ranking and 7th in the world, QS world university ranking) and I really like the curriculum...it has a strong brand name worldwide...I think that it will really bump my CV...
    By the way, what was your GPA...
    In canada, we don,t have really a wide choice of Msc in finance : Queen's-UBC-HEC that's it that's all..I'm just sad to leave Montréal because it's an amazing city
    The finance field in Canada is not big enough there,s not too much opportunities...Students from all the parts of Canada are struggling for a few places in Toronto and Montréal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Borisvian)
    I got offers from :

Warwick for the Msc finance

Imperial College London for the Msc finance

LSE for the Msc accounting, organisations and institutions

I will go for Imperial College London as the university is very prestigious (9th in the world, Times higher education world ranking and 7th in the world, QS world university ranking) and I really like the curriculum...it has a strong brand name worldwide...I think that it will really bump my CV...
    By the way, what was your GPA...
    In canada, we don,t have really a wide choice of Msc in finance : Queen's-UBC-HEC that's it that's all..I'm just sad to leave Montréal because it's an amazing city
    The finance field in Canada is not big enough there,s not too much opportunities...Students from all the parts of Canada are struggling for a few places in Toronto and Montréal
    Yeah that is the problem with Canada, especially Toronto as soon as you get to the 2nd round interviews its massive scrum just to get those 2 positions that the bank is offering. Plus it half the time its the kids from Ivey who fill those positions so the odds are stacked against most people from schools outside of Ontario. In regards to my GPA its 4.16/4.3 at SMU and 4.3/4.3 at Dal for my maths.
    Though in regards to Imperial I am surprised at how much they have really upped the ante with their curriculum, the only thing that turned me off is that fact that I did not take real analysis/functional analysis yet ( taking it in the summer); though I am sure given their course selection you could land something in London for sure. BTW, do you have any internship experience? because my main concern is that without internship experience I am dead in the water!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry..doing an Intern is not a concept that is well developped in Canada....I have one intern as a Financial Analyst that is it, it is not enough. Nonetheless, i'm eager to do an intern or a rotation program before securing a FT position..I don't think that it is a big challenge...Just tackle every issue step by step...If i wouldn't received an offer from Imperial..I would definitely go for Warwick because I really like their courses...Don't make things thouger for you...try to do your best in order to ace your Msc at Warwick....Try to enjoy your time at Warwick...i'm sure that even without a previous intern you will get a great job at least in Uk...don't forget that we are talking about elite institutions in UK in term of job placement for Finance...
    I hope that you get my point because english is not my mother tongue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Borisvian)
    Don't worry..doing an Intern is not a concept that is well developped in Canada....I have one intern as a Financial Analyst that is it, it is not enough. Nonetheless, i'm eager to do an intern or a rotation program before securing a FT position..I don't think that it is a big challenge...Just tackle every issue step by step...If i wouldn't received an offer from Imperial..I would definitely go for Warwick because I really like their courses...Don't make things thouger for you...try to do your best in order to ace your Msc at Warwick....Try to enjoy your time at Warwick...i'm sure that even without a previous intern you will get a great job at least in Uk...don't forget that we are talking about elite institutions in UK in term of job placement for Finance...
    I hope that you get my point because english is not my mother tongue
    LOL your english is fine dude, btw vous parle le francais? parce que je viens de la France (Marseille)? Though with regards to Warwick that is the plan, I am hoping to knock it out of the park; plus I am doing my CFA Level 1 this June and assuming I pass hopefully I can get Level II by the end of my Msc. so crossing my fingers on this whole thing. Btw congrats on Imperial =)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.