Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who actually likes Biffy Clyro? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I actually like how x fatcor took the song, cos although I personally don't like Biffy, I think that their songs have good meaning and any differing styles from the original will be interesting (although I can see how people are outraged by it).

ReputationRep:
    I've been a Biffy fan since 'Blackened Sky', I like all their stuff. Music snobs piss me right off, saying how they sold out. FFS, bands change over time! Get used to it! I still love Feeder even though they're recent stuff isn't as good!
    • TSR Support Team

I have to admit when I saw them supporting Muse I wasn't keen on them.

ReputationRep:
    Well I only have three of their songs on my ipod (many of horror, the captain and bubbles) and I like them. I'm never gonna rush out and buy an album but when the song comes on, i'll listen to it. I like them but they're not on my list of favourite bands.

ReputationRep:
    You complain about Biffy Clyro being mainstream, say that they are simply the 'in thing' and then you say you prefer bands like, Guns 'N' Roses, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Oasis and Muse? Seriously? In what way are Biffy Clyro any more mainstream than these bands.

Just because something becomes popular doesn't mean a band have sold-out or become mainstream. It's just because more people are aware of them and clearly like their new sound as opposed to their old stuff.

Personally, I think Biffy's old stuff is ****. It doesn't interest me at all. Yet, there newer stuff is awesome. Everyone has different tastes in music, so I find any debate on whether a band is good or not to be ridiculous. Unless they're clearly atrocious acoustician, which Biffy Clyro are not

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.