Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If we got rid of makeup, girls would be nothing. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neil_K)
    The truth is, men are naturally better looking than women. Women need to wear makeup in order to look passable and presentable. Men, on the other hand, don't need to wear makeup to look good or even passable.

Also, women initially attract men with their looks and therefore need to look as good as possible to attract a guy, and makeup is their tool to look good.

Plus, don't forget that women age faster than men and therefore use makeup to make their skin look younger.

All these hot models you see on tv and in the magazines etc look terrible without makeup. They only look good because they're made up to look good. If you don't believe me, go to Google and look at some of these 'before and after' pics that show celeb women with no makeup vs with makeup.

Failing that, pull a girl in a club for a one night stand and take her back to your place. If she sleeps over then she'll look worse in the morning because her makeup will have faded. That's why a lot of women don't want to stay over on a one night stand, because they don't want you seeing them in the morning in their more natural state.

I truly am shocked when I've seen girls I know or famous celebs without makeup....the difference with no makeup is staggering. A stunner can easily turn out to be a plain Jane with no makeup.

In fact I'd go as far as to say that if women didn't wear makeup, men would have to wear blindfolds in public as it'd be hard to look at a lot of women without cringing.

I didn't make these rules, so don't flame me. It's just the way life is I'm afraid. I'm glad I'm male as I think we men got the better deal here.
    What a load of tosh.

1) We're accustomed to women wearing makeup, hence why they look weird without it. If it wasn't the 'norm' to wear it, we'd have a different idea about beauty.

2) Men are not better looking. If they were left completely natural, they'd have horrible pervert-esque beards, a monobrow, and a forest of pubes. Lets not forget that men also go bald and tend to get a beer belly. Mmmm, attractive. :rolleyes:

3) I don't know any girl who would be afraid to have a one night stand because of not wearing makeup LOL. You'd just wake up and put it back on, as most of us have it in our handbags with us. So yeah, bit of a fail.

ReputationRep:
    Some girls might not be able to live without makeup, but that doesn't mean girl dont look pretty, btw im a girl myself.

ReputationRep:
    I wear make-up and I really don't care if that upsets you (or any male, for that matter). I think I look better with clearer skin from foundation, a bit of blusher and some mascara. Nothing wrong with that.

Also want to say, I hate how boys say "we're fine without make-up, boys are naturally better looking than girls"... Not the case. Think about the number of attractive girls you know compared to the number of attractive boys (presuming these boys don't wear make-up, clearly). IMO, the number of attractive males is waaaaay lower.

Anyway, the joke's on you, we're never going to be "getting rid" of make-up :P
    We'll all carry on life wearing make-up and you can be angry about it for however long you like.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say i'm ugly without it, but it makes me look better.
    everyone wants to look/ be the best they can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xfactorfan)
    this includes other fakery like false eyelashes, hair extensions, hair dyes etc.

i know not all girls will care blah blah blah so don't tell me i'm generalising, i'm just saying 'girls' rather than 'some girls' because the latter would sound pathetic and wouldn't grab people's attention :rolleyes:

99.9% of girls i see are clearly wearing some form of makeup, even if its just during the day. i know lots of girls who need to wear it just to go shopping or something stupid. seriously, what have you got to hide? :rolleyes: are you insecure because you know you're actually ugly and without makeup, you won't get eyed up by guys to fuel your incessent need for attention? :rolleyes:

i know i'm going to get girls now who say 'well i dont wear makeup in the day'. i'm sorry but don't deny that you do. even if its just eyeliner. like i say, 99.9% of girls i see are clearly wearing makeup, even if its just eyeliner.
    I know getting rejected is hard but you'll get over it.

ReputationRep:
    I agree to be honest. There are girls that don't wear make up and are comfortable with it, and look naturally pretty without it. But yeah, most girls that pull on night's out wear a lot of make up. It's easy for a girl to make herself look pretty!

I'm one of those girls. I know that my skin is awful and I look hideous without make up. That said, I don't wear it to 'get eyed up by guys to fuel my incessent need for attention'. I wear it because I feel more comfortable and confident - it's for me not other people.

ReputationRep:
    The only make-up I ever wear is a bit concealer to cover those spots. Honestly though, my skin was all right and I never wore concealer until recently. But anyway, make-up only accentuates the looks of girls for those who use it to a minimum. I think you're referring to the orange faced girls...not everyone's like that y'know.

ReputationRep:
    If we got rid of make up we would be able to tell who was really good looking and who was just a 'wolf in sheeps clothing' (a borderline ugly/average girl who can pull of fairly attractive with make up on)

EDIT: why the neg, you know its true (go to page 7 and look at my pics of wolves in sheeps clothing)

ReputationRep:
    without the internet trolls are nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    These girls are just in denial. Well I've got news for you, negging the OP or anyone else won't make it any less true, so go nuts.
    This is interesting considering you have a picture of Shenae Grimes, who is heavily made up, fake tanned within an inch of her life, has dyed hair and hair extensions, a manicure and goodness knows what else. Wouldn't a picture of the lovely Tilda Swinton be more fitting...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Naah some girls look really good with no makeup. It's quite rare but still those are the ones I'm going for :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I agree with .Ali.
    I always wear full makeup (foundation, concealer,highlighter, bronzer, full eye-make-up and straightened hair etc) and I really don't care what other people think or say. I probably don't need to wear all of it but if at the end of the day I feel more confident and am happy with how I look then that's all that matters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cttp_ngaf)
    OP - you're just going to get a load of girls insisting that guys can never tell if they're wearing makeup or not.

And yes going without makeup would literally kill most girls these days. It's sad.
    These days? Lol. It always makes me chuckle when people seem to think this is a problem that has only just occurred in our culture. Women have been wearing makeup for thousands of years, this issue isn't new in any way.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that girls with no substance would be nothing, but the girls out there that use their mind on a regular basis... they'd be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    What a load of tosh.
    Too bad if the truth hurts you females. I didn't make the rules, so don't blame me.

(Original post by .Ali.)
    1) We're accustomed to women wearing makeup, hence why they look weird without it. If it wasn't the 'norm' to wear it, we'd have a different idea about beauty.
    Women wear makeup because they look better with it, end of. It's got nothing to do with 'norms'.

Actually, the whole makeup/doing your hair thing started several centuries ago in England. It was originally MEN who used to wear makeup. In the old days it was the kings who used to wear makeup and wigs etc to make themselves look better. Even the idea of carrying a purse was started by men. It started on ships, the guy who was called the 'purser' (the guy who took care of the money on the ship) carried a purse. Women the saw how majestic these things made men look and decided to start wearing makeup, doing their hair, carrying purses etc to themselves to make themselves look more visually attractive. Just a brief history lesson for you there....

(Original post by .Ali.)
    2) Men are not better looking.
    Yes they are. Men, with no makeup, look fine and there are very few men who are hard to look at without makeup. But I can guarantee that if all women suddenly stopped wearing makeup, there would be an awful lot of women who would be painful to look at.

(Original post by .Ali.)
    If they were left completely natural, they'd have horrible pervert-esque beards, a monobrow, and a forest of pubes.
    That's got nothing to do with makeup. And women still need to trim certain areas too...

(Original post by .Ali.)
    Lets not forget that men also go bald and tend to get a beer belly. Mmmm, attractive. :rolleyes:
    Looks aren't as important in a man as they are in a women. This is because men are initially attracted to women visually, whereas women tend to be more attracted to a guy's personality and demeanor, so women need to pay a lot more attention to their looks than a guy does.

This is a deep subject....but in a nutshell, there is a difference between a guy who is good-looking and a guy who is ATTRACTIVE. Ever heard the term 'sexy ugly'. This is a secret term women use to describe men who are not good looking but who they are attracted to.

Baldness and beer bellies don't stop men from getting women as long as they have confidence and a great personality. Ugly men with confidence can still get women, but ugly women with confidence will have a hard time attracting men.

(Original post by .Ali.)
    3) I don't know any girl who would be afraid to have a one night stand because of not wearing makeup LOL. You'd just wake up and put it back on, as most of us have it in our handbags with us. So yeah, bit of a fail.
    A lot of girls I've known have not wanted me to see them without makeup. At least not until I've gotten to know them more and they're comfortable I like them for who they are.

ReputationRep:
    It's a rarity that you will find a naturally beautiful girl, but makup puts me off completely. As does anything that shows fakery, like fake tan. But i disagree with you OP, i think that girls would look more beautifull without makup.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of girls nowadays have lost the plot with make-up, they think more of it that's on the better it looks. Well, it's the celebrity women that are to blame for this with the false eye lashes, bathing in fake tan (which doesn't even look like a TAN! looks like orange paint), all of that foundation etc.

When insanity takes over many, it becomes 'normal', which is why it's become culturally acceptable to wear the same amount of make-up as a clown. This is generalising of course, but when I'm out I see more girls with make-up than without.

The funny thing is that those girls don't realise that they actually look good without make-up, and once the slap is on they look like ridiculous.

Wearing make-up to an extent where it completely hides away what you look like naturally is also bad, and false advertising!

I saw Katy Perry and Rihanna without make-up on at a hotel in London once, oh my lorddddddddd I could barely recognise them :lolwut: Katy Perry is known to put on a ridiculous amount of make up on but I never knew it was so much because without it she looked borderline average :no:
    Eva Green without make-up though is just stunning!!!!!! Absolutely stunning, unbelievable natural beauty...she actually looked prettier without it.

Fortunately for me over the years my female friends have told me about the way girls apply make-up in a subtle but deceitful manner so now I can pretty much see through a girl's face and determine how much she's wearing :yep:

Make-up is good but only when used in moderation, when it's used in balance to adjust the skin complection, add a bit of tone, colour and cover marks etc. But not so much that it completely hides what they look like naturally, which seems to be the case a lot of the time nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    The only time in the last year that I've worn make-up was when I dressed up as a female Jack Sparrow character.
    And I had to keep reminding myself not to rub my eyes as I usually do.
    Make up is an unnecessary effort for me, personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neil_K)
    Too bad if the truth hurts you females. I didn't make the rules, so don't blame me.
    It doesn't hurt us. I'm immune to bullshit.

Women wear makeup because they look better with it, end of. It's got nothing to do with 'norms'.
    Men also look better with makeup. You mentioned female celebrities wearing it, male actors and singers do too when they're on stage. Their pictures are also airbrushed. Yes, it is to do with norms. People see these pictures of women AND men in magazines, and assume that's how they 'should' look. We're so used to it, we don't think twice about it. I'm not denying people look better with makeup, if they wear it right, I think they do. But neither gender is naturally more beautiful than the other.

Think of it this way: Go waaaaaaaaaaay back, millions of years. It was okay to walk around naked. It was socially the norm, no one thought it was weird.

Nowadays, if we walk around naked, we get arrested for indecent exposure. We don't think twice about wearing clothes.

Not exactly the same, but it's an example of how social aspects influence what we think is 'normal'.
    Actually, the whole makeup/doing your hair thing started several centuries ago in England. It was originally MEN who used to wear makeup. In the old days it was the kings who used to wear makeup and wigs etc to make themselves look better. Even the idea of carrying a purse was started by men. It started on ships, the guy who was called the 'purser' (the guy who took care of the money on the ship) carried a purse. Women the saw how majestic these things made men look and decided to start wearing makeup, doing their hair, carrying purses etc to themselves to make themselves look more visually attractive. Just a brief history lesson for you there....
    I've never claimed that to be untrue. People will always do things to enhance their looks, be it wearing makeup, styling their hair a certain way, wearing certain clothes. You get the idea.

Yes they are. Men, with no makeup, look fine and there are very few men who are hard to look at without makeup. But I can guarantee that if all women suddenly stopped wearing makeup, there would be an awful lot of women who would be painful to look at.
    Not really, I know some extremely ugly men out there. I actually have a hard time finding boys who I think are good looking lol, but I can think of plenty of attractive girls (and I'm straight). Also, confidence plays a part here. An average looking boy who is confident can be very attractive. An extremely physically attractive boy with no confidence will not be as attractive. Some girls may not feel confident without their makeup, thus they don't look as attractive because they don't act as attractive.

That's got nothing to do with makeup. And women still need to trim certain areas too...
    It's to do with grooming, makeup is a part of that. Yes, but I was merely saying that men aren't these super-human Gods you seem to think they are.

Looks aren't as important in a man as they are in a women. This is because men are initially attracted to women visually, whereas women tend to be more attracted to a guy's personality and demeanor, so women need to pay a lot more attention to their looks than a guy does.
    LOL untrue. Sorry if this makes me shallow, but I have to be sexually attracted to a guy to want to date him. Personality is very important, yes, but there has to be some form of attraction there. Also, I wouldn't date someone who didn't take care of his appearance, so yeah, guys need to too.

This is a deep subject....but in a nutshell, there is a difference between a guy who is good-looking and a guy who is ATTRACTIVE. Ever heard the term 'sexy ugly'. This is a secret term women use to describe men who are not good looking but who they are attracted to.
    Yeah I agree with that...but the same can be said for women too. I know plenty of girls that aren't typically 'beautiful', but have something about them that makes them striking, and the way they act and how they hold themselves makes them attractive. Attractiveness is about the whole package (no pun intended) not just the face.

Baldness and beer bellies don't stop men from getting women as long as they have confidence and a great personality. Ugly men with confidence can still get women, but ugly women with confidence will have a hard time attracting men.
    It depends, I've seen it work for ugly men and ugly women, and fail for both. Also, who are we to say what is ugly and what is attractive? What attracts one individual may repulse someone else.

A lot of girls I've known have not wanted me to see them without makeup. At least not until I've gotten to know them more and they're comfortable I like them for who they are.
    I can understand that, I don't like not wearing mine. It's not because I look 'ugly' without it though, I just think I look better with it on. Also, a lot of male friends have seen me without, they still say I look rather attractive. I've never denied women look better without makeup, but men aren't anymore naturally beautiful than women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumdedoobie)
    Bit of an exaggeration all round? I do wear some makeup, yes. Makeup doesn't define me though, so it wouldn't kill me without it. If I had to go without it, I could. I just prefer how I look with it.
    basically this, there's somedays when I'm just like man, I can't be bothered to put make-up on and somedays where I'm like , aah I NEED make-up haha but overall I wouldn't die if I wasn't wearing any.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.