Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Three personal favourites that me and my brother have used in the past were:

1) My dog needed taking to the vet but wouldn't go without us because he's scared of them, but the car broke down and mum refused to walk so we had to walk all the way there, give him to the vet, and then attempt the walk to school in under four minutes. Do you really think we'd have made it in this amount of time if we weren't running? << Oddly they seemed appeased and didn't check up on us.

2) My cousin came down to visit but she needed to get to the airport but didn't know where to go so I went in the car with her and gave her directions (I said the airport was Exeter which is hours away) and then I had to catch the train which took even longer. << Again, they seemed happy enough. Did help that I looked lousy (hangover) which they thought was exhaustion.

3) My great-grandmama died.<< They don't need to know she wasn't technically related to me and I had never met her.

ReputationRep:
    If you're a girl with a male form tutor I think that 'woman troubles' will suffice.

ReputationRep:
    Family problems (elaborate on this)
    Relative passed away
    Your mum had a serious accident at home before school and you stayed to help her
    Doctor's appointment (they can't check this unless they ask your parents really)

They don't sound very nice, but I doubt they will question you or give you that much trouble over these issues x]

ReputationRep:
    Traffic

ReputationRep:
    Why am I late? You're lucky I showed up at all!

ReputationRep:
    I thought my lesson started at XX.XX am/pm.

Why do you like being dishonest? =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fandabidoze!)
    Regarding doctors appointments, I was going to say that (I even forged a note from my parents) but they had already rung home by that point and obviously my mum would have said if I had an appointment or not (which I didn't). Thanks for the idea though, keep them coming.
    You don't have to tell your parents when you make a doctor's appointment by the way - or you could just tell your mum you made one when you hadn't :yep:

PS would your mum lie on your behalf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    If you're a girl with a male form tutor I think that 'woman troubles' will suffice.
    Why am I late? You're lucky I showed up at all!

All good ones.:ahee::dance: How about:

I was dead until a few minutes ago.

Couldn't find the door.

Was at a brass rubbing convention.

Was busy chatting on the student room about being late.

Was attacked by Daleks.

Was cleaning out my belly button fluff (this will make the teacher so disgusted she will immediately forget the whole thing).

The wind blew me in the opposite direction.

I didn't want to arrive on time.

I'm lazy and hate your lessons.

Why are YOU late?

My feet are small.

ReputationRep:
    One that WILL work, no matter how often you use it - within reason.

I had a nosebleed just as I was about to leave, so had to clear up etc.

If you start repeating the excuse, hey now you need to see the doctors..

Finally when you want to Kick your habit a nice trip to the hospital will do nicely..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    Getting locked in the house is a good one. That's a favourite of mine, and it's happened numerous times in real life. My parents both leave for work before I go to school, and they lock the doors- a few times they've picked up my keys by accident, and I'm well and truly under house arrest.
    Haha, this is happened to me several times too - my dad left for work and forgot I was in the house so he double locked the doors, meaning I had to go out the back door and unlock it from outside with my keys so I could go back in and lock the back door again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiirk)
    A genuine one I have used, both true :O

- I was in traffic so I thought I'll try to take a shortcut to get to college faster but got lost instead.

- I went the wrong way, took the wrong exit off the roundabout instead of going motorway, so ended up having to go on a slower road so I was late.
    Yeah- id try the traffic one. Plus your mum wouldnt know if you were in traffic or not if she was at home.

ReputationRep:
    why were you really late?
    oh and like the others said say it was an apointment your mum didn't know about

ReputationRep:
    I was locked in my house from the outside and had to call my mum from work to get me out.
    Add in a few pointless details how you tried to get your neighbour to get you out and you're cool

ReputationRep:
    I got lost on the road of life...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fandabidoze!)
    Regarding doctors appointments, I was going to say that (I even forged a note from my parents) but they had already rung home by that point and obviously my mum would have said if I had an appointment or not (which I didn't). Thanks for the idea though, keep them coming.
    Yeah but you mum doesnt have to know every appointment, i mean what if you had something embarassing like STI or your under some sort of depression like Bipolar etc. If they said we rang your parants and said that you didnt have an appointment, then just say its a very private matter i wish my parents not knowing. etc. to be honest they cant do much about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizlaz350)
    Haha, this is happened to me several times too - my dad left for work and forgot I was in the house so he double locked the doors, meaning I had to go out the back door and unlock it from outside with my keys so I could go back in and lock the back door again...
    So annoying though, as they never do it when I'm feeling a relaxing day at home in front of the laptop. They've locked me in and I've missed dress runs for performing arts and exam prep for my 'academic' subjects.....they commute an hour away so they can't come an 'unlock' me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    Getting locked in the house is a good one. That's a favourite of mine, and it's happened numerous times in real life. My parents both leave for work before I go to school, and they lock the doors- a few times they've picked up my keys by accident, and I'm well and truly under house arrest.
    this happened to me but worse, much worse :ashamed2:
    we have a little porch room infront of our front door. I was running late (parents were out and I had to walk the dog) so I legged it out of the first door, slammed it behind me, put my shoes on, went to the door handle of the porch... and it was locked.

skip to me frantically searching my bag for keys that failed to materialise haha. it was funny cause I was meant to be meeting my friends at the bottom of the road and they walked up to my house and were like LOL at me trapped in the 2ft by 2ft glass box with me banging on the windows luckily I called my mum and she came home like an hour later. was the most boring hour of my life though, I rearranged our shoe collection hehe.

ReputationRep:
    Err....Say you had to go to the doctor with your girlfriend who just miscarried...Yeah I'm the sickest Mudaf*cka in tha valley

I used this: Fighting a polar bear in the carpark he was trying to key your '96 citoreons paint work....I pulled my gun and shot him twice*

*Disclaimer this only works on teachers who have no authority,truly don't care or fear for their safety SECTIONING nay result

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mally-xo)
    this happened to me but worse, much worse :ashamed2:
    we have a little porch room infront of our front door. I was running late (parents were out and I had to walk the dog) so I legged it out of the first door, slammed it behind me, put my shoes on, went to the door handle of the porch... and it was locked.

skip to me frantically searching my bag for keys that failed to materialise haha. it was funny cause I was meant to be meeting my friends at the bottom of the road and they walked up to my house and were like LOL at me trapped in the 2ft by 2ft glass box with me banging on the windows luckily I called my mum and she came home like an hour later. was the most boring hour of my life though, I rearranged our shoe collection hehe.
    AAAAHAHAHA. Sorry, that is hilarious! Thank god you had your phone on you, otherwise you would have had a long day ahead of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizlaz350)
    One friend of mine always claims to be late because her cat follows her to school, which is a bit odd.
    My cat follows me when I leave the house, hah.
    As a general rule I do have to go take him home if I get to the main road and he's still there... So it kind of could be a plausible excuse :')

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.