The Student Room Group

Who deserves to go to university more?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain92
Both of them should be allowed to go.
But the straight A's student is the type of person that more people would want to see benefiting from higher education because they will be the pioneers, rather than the background researchers.

that is the most bull**** I have ever read.
Reply 41
Original post by specialk_698
that is the most bull**** I have ever read.

S'called internet sarcasm, friend.
Original post by The Next Left
Wow you're a cock.

I'm getting this image in my head of you as this kind of American jock who drives the good car and has the good girlfriend etc. etc. Am I getting close with the image below?

Didn't you know, the jock always gets dumped in the end and the girl goes to the nice guy and the jock ends up as a balding fat man? Watch the movie 'Just Friends', it explains it a bit better.

Anyway I digress. Seriously, if this is how to come across in real life to other people then good luck. I meanwhile will enjoy being promoted over you whilst you're still 30 years old and pissing everyone off with your attitude.

you spend too mch time watching tv, you posted a picture from glee and compared rl to a movie :\

your a virgin aren't you?

and just in case you didnt know, rl doesnt quite work out like the movies. the 'good guys' get nowhere. Walking to an investmentbank, the porter will pleasantly open the door for you, smile and ask how you are, the receptionist may even give a smile. The big shots chief executives, directors etc. will not give you the time of day.

They are not arrogant because they are executives , they are executives because they were arrogant.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by SmegmaProblem
you spend too mch time watching tv, you posted a picture from glee and compared rl to a movie :\

your a virgin aren't you?

LMAO, I didn't know he was from Glee...but you did you heterosexual badass :wink:

Comparing real life to a movie? No, I'm only pointing out what you remind me of, it's not my fault if you put across the image of a Glee jock - that's a problem you'll have to deal with.

and just in case you didnt know, rl doesnt quite work out like the movies. the 'good guys' get nowhere. Walking to an investmentbank, the porter will pleasantly open the door for you, smile and ask how you are, the receptionist may even give a smile. The big shots chief executives, directors etc. will not give you the time of day.

They are not arrogant because they are executives , they are executives because they were arrogant.

Oh God you really have a deluded outlook on life. Grow up you moron.
(edited 13 years ago)
LMAO, I didn't know he was from Glee...but you did you heterosexual badass :wink:

Comparing real life to a movie? No, I'm only pointing out what you remind me of, it's not my fault if you put across the image of a Glee jock - that's a problem you'll have to deal with.

Oh God you really have a deluded outlook on life. Grow up you moron.

so im right about the virgin bit?
Reply 45
If we are talking two students studying the same subjects then the first one, but if the B student is studying sciences, maths or similarly hard subjects and the A student things like media, heath and social ect then i think the B student
so im right about the virgin bit?

The hilarity mounts...

But seriously though if you want to go into IB/Consulting then you should get rid of that severely misplaced attitude. My dad is a consultant at Deloitte strategy and that's where I'm aiming to go after Uni. They interview graduate pricks every year who think they are the dogs *******s and that they can only get to the top by stabbing people in the back and generally being an arrogant bastard. That's not how it works, especially if you're aiming for big firms like Goldman, Deutsche, JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley where they're all obsessed with teamwork and community spirit.
(edited 13 years ago)
The hilarity mounts...

But seriously though if you want to go into IB/Consulting then you should get rid of that severely misplaced attitude. My dad is a consultant at Deloitte strategy and that's where I'm aiming to go after Uni. They interview graduate pricks every year who think they are the dogs *******s and that they can only get to the top by stabbing people in the back and generally being an arrogant bastard. That's not how it works.

why would i want to be the dogs *******s? seems quite unpleasant. Your dads a virgin too , your adopted.

Jees have some origionality man, going into the same job as you parents (foster parents) was so 19th century.

Ive met several IBers; all like gazzillionaires, all ********s, none of them virgins.

Hope i see you at some interview sometime, you'll recognise me, ill be the one getting the job :wink:
why would i want to be the dogs *******s? seems quite unpleasant.

Says the one with a smegma problem...

Your dads a virgin too , your adopted.

I've highlighted the words I could use properly in year 3, I'd work on basic grammar and spelling before you try and apply for any of these big-shot jobs.

Jees have some origionality man, going into the same job as you parents (foster parents) was so 19th century.

You said I was adopted only a few lines ago?

Ive met several IBers; all like gazzillionaires, all ********s, none of them virgins.

You've met 'several'. IBers and Consultants come around my house almost every day and are all perfectly amicable people. I don't think I'm the one who's been watching too much TV.

Hope i see you at some interview sometime, you'll recognise me, ill be the one getting the job :wink:

Yeah and I'll probably be the one interviewing you because whilst you've been pissing around at Uni trying to be the funny man I'll already be earning one more zero than you :smile:

I've highlighted the words I could use properly in year 3, I'd work on basic grammar and spelling before you try and apply for any of these big-shot jobs.

You've met 'several'. IBers and Consultants come around my house almost every day and are all perfectly amicable people. I don't think I'm the one who's been watching too much TV.

Yeah and I'll probably be the one interviewing you because whilst you've been pissing around at Uni trying to be the funny man I'll already be earning one more zero than you :smile:

Actually lol'd at the first one. deece bants! fair play.

But you got a B at GCSE, i think i could have done better than that in year 3 ?

And you missed the bit about me taking the skin boat to tuna town several times a week whilst at uni.

And just because your dad (if thats what you call him) abused you as a child you dont have to big him up now. You should have spoke out when he touched you.

Mr. Average
Actually lol'd at the first one. deece bants! fair play.

But you got a B at GCSE, i think i could have done better than that in year 3 ?

And you missed the bit about me taking the skin boat to tuna town several times a week whilst at uni.

And just because your dad (if thats what you call him) abused you as a child you dont have to big him up now. You should have spoke out when he touched you.

Mr. Average

Init, cba to keep replying.

Reply 51
Tricky first one is naturally clever but the second has a good work ethic so you know they'll try...dunno
Original post by Rzc
Tricky first one is naturally clever but the second has a good work ethic so you know they'll try...dunno

most useless post of the thread.
Reply 53
Since when have A-Level grades been the be all and end all of intelligence? I am probably looking at ABB or BBB for my A-levels at the end of this year but I wouldn't class myself as less intelligent than some of the straight A students in my year. I have a good knowledge of current affairs, how the world works, logic, common sense, vocational work and generally good life skills. However, some of the straight A students in my year genuinely couldn't tell you what the house of commons is because all they know is the inside of textbooks.

Just before summer some class mates and I took part in a day of management games related to the world of business. We had to write up written reports, give press conferences, deal with interruptions during the day and give oral presentations/pitches etc. Naturally all of the straight A students were chosen to take part in this task to represent the school. I also managed to get a place to fill up the number to eight. On paper we should have won the competition by a golden mile, but we didn't even come close to first and we were up against mediocre schools. The reason we lost was because all of the straight A student hand-picked for the task didn't have a clue where to even begin. They stumbled, panicked and couldn't get their words out in presentations and generally didn't know what they were doing. I was left to answer every single question put to us, I had to write up our report so that it resembled anything close to professional and I generally did the whole day on my own.

Grades are not indicative of intelligence. This is why Universities can require interviews, personal statements, work experience etc.

Finally, someone that says grades do not necessarily mean intelligence!

Like you said, all they know is the text book, gets me so frustrated when people think they are smarter than others just because they got better grades - noooooo!...:smile:
Reply 54

Sort of a contradiction. Don't you think?:redface:
Neither...

The person who does a degree which is worthwhile to the community and society with a vocational element...
deffo 2nd one

why can i not rep your posts while having an argument against a *****?
so unfair :frown:
Reply 58
There's no way of knowing that the second one won't actually out-perform the first at uni. Breezing A's at A level doesn't make you a natural born genius and it doesn't necessarily mean that you will thrive at uni when compared with someone else that struggled more at A level - different people develop at different rates.

I'd say let them both go but that would require a fair university system with adequate places for all able and commited students.
Reply 59

Your posts are useless. Mr arrogant.
Seriously, an attitude like yours will bite you on the arse one day. Someone will smash your teeth in.
Horrayyyy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending