Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenbarr)
    just got an unconditional for creative direction! currently in my 1st yr at ravensbourne doing fash promotion but dont like it so moving! still not quite sure what creative directions about but sounds really good! whats everyone doing about accomodation?
    Great to find another class member!! Maybe you could call them and ask for more information, but read up all the information you can find on it. The website is pretty helpful and has a lot of information on the course.

Accomodation I'm living at home, not by choice due to finance issues! London is too expensive especially when you are doing a creative course.

I applied to Fashion Promotion at Ravensbourne, but they aren't doing it this year. They don't seem to have a lot of money after the new move, my cousin just left them aswell just because it cost him too much money because the university has so much money!!

ReputationRep:
    I just rang up student finance and lcf. Basically we won't be able to finalise student finance until the univerisity has validated the course. The course is going to be validated, but they just need to big bosses to sign it off.

the annoying part is that its not going to be done straight away which I know from all my friends experiences we most likely won't get the money on time! Annoying.

The university was so much more helpful than student finance. I called for my login details and they still haven't sent it. How am i suppose to sort anything out and a month ago I did all my finance part of it and they are suppose to email my parents so they can sort out their part yet nothing!

Student Finance suck!

ReputationRep:
    yoyoyo those who got their offers right now, sign up to yougo (through ucas track ad), maybe a bit easier way to get together as it automatically finds people on same course.
    im really interested in the accommodation stuff as well, anyone going for halls possibly ? or are they as ****ty as im told ? though getting to know peeps seems more tempting over spending time alone in a new city in an own apartment.

are the halls rooms available to book / sign up for already ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurava)
    yoyoyo those who got their offers right now, sign up to yougo (through ucas track ad), maybe a bit easier way to get together as it automatically finds people on same course.
    im really interested in the accommodation stuff as well, anyone going for halls possibly ? or are they as ****ty as im told ? though getting to know peeps seems more tempting over spending time alone in a new city in an own apartment.

are the halls rooms available to book / sign up for already ?
    I will sign up to that infact! I used it when I went uni first time round and you do meet alot of people from your course or university.

I think I have added you. As I said I am living at home since I have no money to live out unless my financial situation changes. Halls can also be quite expensive, but I think it's an experience that all first years should have. I've been through so I am not too bothered about going through it again.

I think you should take time out and look at the area around it what is available and also the nightlife - you're gonna wanna go out at some point during your first year. Also, do consider your own apartment the housing services can match you up with people and its nice to have someone on your course so at least you can do work together!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    I was wondering if anyone had any advice on interview for this course. I read in the above comments that they apparantly only accept 28 people on to the course which is a little bit scary esp as most people seem to have had their interviews already and offers!
    I applied really late, only about a month ago. Because I was already studying in my first year at Leeds uni and just wasn't feeling it at all and was uphappy so have taken a big step to changing things for the better!
    I applied late and i don't have art foundation so i am really lucky that so far out of my 5 choices I havent had any rejections yet and ive got 3 interviews. ive had my first interview at epsom on tuesday and received an unconditional offer today which i was obviously chuffed about

but the one that i reeeeeeally would love to get a place at is LCF, i applied for creative direction and to my shock they have actually given me an interview. i only found out on tuesday and the interview is next thursday.

does anyone have any advice for the interview or portfolio? ive had to put my portfolio together all very quickly with mainly A level work so im really nervous. its an individual interview right not group? ive been told to come in at 9.15 and ill be done by 1pm, how does that time fill up?

i am really nervous and reeeeeeally want to get in and be part of this little creative direction group youve got going on here already haha so if anyone can give me any advice or tell me anything about what the interview was like that would be really greatly appreciated!

thanks a bunch!
    Christie x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christiee)
    Hi everyone!
    I was wondering if anyone had any advice on interview for this course. I read in the above comments that they apparantly only accept 28 people on to the course which is a little bit scary esp as most people seem to have had their interviews already and offers!
    I applied really late, only about a month ago. Because I was already studying in my first year at Leeds uni and just wasn't feeling it at all and was uphappy so have taken a big step to changing things for the better!
    I applied late and i don't have art foundation so i am really lucky that so far out of my 5 choices I havent had any rejections yet and ive got 3 interviews. ive had my first interview at epsom on tuesday and received an unconditional offer today which i was obviously chuffed about

but the one that i reeeeeeally would love to get a place at is LCF, i applied for creative direction and to my shock they have actually given me an interview. i only found out on tuesday and the interview is next thursday.

does anyone have any advice for the interview or portfolio? ive had to put my portfolio together all very quickly with mainly A level work so im really nervous. its an individual interview right not group? ive been told to come in at 9.15 and ill be done by 1pm, how does that time fill up?

i am really nervous and reeeeeeally want to get in and be part of this little creative direction group youve got going on here already haha so if anyone can give me any advice or tell me anything about what the interview was like that would be really greatly appreciated!

thanks a bunch!
    Christie x

hey! i've got the same interview at the same time as you next thurs! no idea what to put in my portfolio as i've never studied fashion, only art. have you studied fashion/textiles before?

ReputationRep:
    hey-regards to the student finance issues/course validation-lcf have said we should be able to apply after the middle of next week cos it will have been sorted! good eh

ReputationRep:
    hey-regards to the student finance issues/course validation-lcf have said we should be able to apply after the middle of next week cos it will have been sorted! good eh
    Thanks for letting us know! I applied via post in the end - too much technological problems so I did it the old fashion way with a pen and paper!!

But at least the course is validated. I gave them a call last week (LCF that is!) and he said he was going to try and resolve it that day!!

You should sign up to you go! See who else will be on the course!!

XX

ReputationRep:
    it wont let me join! its still coming up with my options for last year :/ maybe a facebook group could be good!

ReputationRep:
    I made a little group for our course, not to sure if i did it right though! Go to

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...02782199753722

xx

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh, so relieved! I've started to panic so much about the funding situation along with finding somewhere else to live in London

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for September!!
    It's going to be a crazy three years!

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone sorted out student loans and everything?

Natalie
    X

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

So, who ended up studying this course at LCF and what were your opinions on it? I applied late this year (2011) for Fashion Business but decided not to do the course. I didn't go to the open days, only the interview. I liked the layout of the Uni at the High Holborn site.

I wasn't sure about the tutors in the department I was in. I'm not sure if that is the same department as the Creative Direction because I know that the Fashion Media course is in the same department but that is perhaps purely because of the Part-Time method of the Fashion Business and Fashion Media.

As a whole I wasn't sure about the uni because during my interview the tutors weren't particularly warm or understanding of the students. But as I say, I only met two tutors on one site.

So, how did the year map out for you guys? Do you feel it is really helping you with your goals? Did you find that you are able to work / provide for yourself during the course or was it too demanding?

I'm tempted to apply for this course for 2012, if the fees aren't too ridiculous by then or if I can get support!

Please let me know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michellehelenv)
    Hello,

So, who ended up studying this course at LCF and what were your opinions on it? I applied late this year (2011) for Fashion Business but decided not to do the course. I didn't go to the open days, only the interview. I liked the layout of the Uni at the High Holborn site.

I wasn't sure about the tutors in the department I was in. I'm not sure if that is the same department as the Creative Direction because I know that the Fashion Media course is in the same department but that is perhaps purely because of the Part-Time method of the Fashion Business and Fashion Media.

As a whole I wasn't sure about the uni because during my interview the tutors weren't particularly warm or understanding of the students. But as I say, I only met two tutors on one site.

So, how did the year map out for you guys? Do you feel it is really helping you with your goals? Did you find that you are able to work / provide for yourself during the course or was it too demanding?

I'm tempted to apply for this course for 2012, if the fees aren't too ridiculous by then or if I can get support!

Please let me know!
    Hi, ermm well we only enrolled today so no classes have started as of yet, but we'll keep you posted!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm thinking of applying for Creative Direction at LCF for September 2012, I've currently doing a BTEC HND in Fashion and Clothing.. Do you think I need an art foundation as well?
    Also, what kind of things did you guys have in your portfolio? I have no idea what to include!
    Are you enjoying the course so far? What kind of things have you covered and what's the experience like as whole?

Sorry for all the questions but I missed all the open days and I have no idea what I want to do!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i went on the open day, i think they just want a portfolio that represents you, im applying for that course as well ,

Im doing 3 a levels and one btec level 3 so hopefully that will be enough ,they said on the website 2 c's at a level

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy! I just Sent My Ucas Application todayy! im also apply for LCF Creative direction i hope they except people with Level 3 BTEC Extended diploma in fashion and clothing. im also apply for middlesex, kingston, UCA Epsom and LCF for womenswear design! , where everyone else going? Also is the LCF a good cause ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeraintBLewis)
    Heyyy! I just Sent My Ucas Application todayy! im also apply for LCF Creative direction i hope they except people with Level 3 BTEC Extended diploma in fashion and clothing. im also apply for middlesex, kingston, UCA Epsom and LCF for womenswear design! , where everyone else going? Also is the LCF a good cause ?
    I applied for the creative direction for fashion course aswell, also the foundation in fashion marketing and promotion course also at lcf , fashion management with marketing at Southampton solent , fashion promotion at uclan, and foundation in buying and merchandising at Manchester met ,

I think they do accept level 3 btecs i do Subsidiary Diploma in business and the rest of my subjects are A2's

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy! Yay!! cool heres hoping we get in! awwwh they great unis i wqas thinking of southamton solent that course looks really good.
    awwwh thankyouss , awwwh cool .
    So do you want to do more promotion side of fashion?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.