Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How old is too old to have never had a girlfriend. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Erhh, I wouldn't sweat it OP. 21 isn't that old afterall. Just aim to get one before 30 as that's bordering strangeness...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is a 'too old', but people will probably think it's really weird when you get to about 30 I guess x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riccyc)
    16 imo
    i'd give up if i were you
    Bitc h

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    You could help him out.
    Well for one I barely see him. Can't remember the last time I did.
    and 2 he has loads of friends who are girls so if he can manage that, i'm sure he's perfectly capable himself. He's hardly shy or not confident enough.

It really depends what your definition of a 'boyfriend'/'girlfriend' is.
    I'm 22. I've been on dates. I have an inability to trust guys, often broke it off when they want more from the 'relationship', on average 4th date I would say. I had 2 male best friends in the past who I fancied and had asked me out, but the circumstances wasn't right. First one, was end of sixth form, so there was no point to that. Second one was last year, he's from sweden, i live in uk. We were housemates and literally spending 24/7 together for 6 months. I decided I wasn't willing to put the effort into a long distance, and would rather keep a really good friend for the meantime then see our friendship go up in flames.
    So, where do I stand with whether I have had a boyfriend before?

ReputationRep:
    Never, if you're gay.

ReputationRep:
    21. Better hurry.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's hard (forgive the pun), but stop caring. I remember being 17 and thinking the same thing as you - all I was thinking was, "Oh God, I'm 17, I've had no female interest whatsoever and I've been bullied in the past. What's going to happen when I get to university?"

I got to university, and as life decided to slap me, I had to stay home for my first year. I was 18. Then, I thought my life was officially over. I decided to focus on my education (I'm doing Maths... yet another reason to be anxious) and just get through my degree and get a good job.

Then, what happens? I get a girlfriend. Granted, it never had a future and I'd never bring her home to the folks, but, someone was indeed attracted to me.

It's true what they say, it happens when you stop looking. So, stop looking.

ReputationRep:
    Depends whether your getting any or not.

I've got a friend who has ot knocked down by girls he really likes.
    But he gets more sex than any of us that its crazy, so can't judge him.,

What I'm saying is, if the problem is you can't have any interaction with a female then yeah sucks to be you, otherwise enjoy the bachelor life like me for now?

I mean did you know some guys stay with one woman for the rest of their life?! I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP! ONE WOMAN!! I was surprised when I heard it too, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    I would personally find it a turnoff if a guy had had loads of gf's and slept with loads of girls by the time he was 21. So maybe when the right girl comes along, she will like that you have not had loads of girlfriends before her If you get what i mean lol....

ReputationRep:
    When you approach girls and they scream "PEDOPHILE!"

ReputationRep:
    I would hate to get too old cause then I'll only get to go out with wrinkly women :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.