Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can has KFC?

ReputationRep:
      Yes! :drool:

ReputationRep:
      No, not really. fried chicken is edible, but compared to burgers, fish n chips, pizza, kebabs, chinese or curries its rubbish. I have it about once a year when my dad suddenly gets a craving for it, and hes dissapointed every time lol
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      popcorn chicken :coma:
      plus, i love the chicken skin but not the chicken and my friend loves the chicken but not the skin = amazing partnership going on here

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Point!)
      I would die for KFC. I will leave a nightclub early to make sure I get to KFC before it shuts.
      Here they shut at 1 and in Munich around 2 :P

ReputationRep:
      seriously... is this actually a thread.... everyone loves KFC and if you dont... well your missing out!!! loll :P
      their hot rodssssss are sexy i swear loll !!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by dnumberwang)
      MSG doesn't even have any proven risks
      MSG = Flavour enhancer. flavour = nutrition. Fake flavour = fake nutrition

Im not saying its causes mental problems and everything else people think is bad about it, But, it has been proven to be and is hense named a 'flavour enhancer'

If your cooking something tasty you can add it (seasoning and herbs are better IMO lol) like some people in the far east do but theres not much point as its tasty already and MSG is only in low quality or preserved food.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by EggmanD)
      MSG = Flavour enhancer. flavour = nutrition. Fake flavour = fake nutrition

Im not saying its causes mental problems and everything else people think is bad about it, But, it has been proven to be and is hense named a 'flavour enhancer'

If your cooking something tasty you can add it (seasoning and herbs are better IMO lol) like some people in the far east do but theres not much point as its tasty already and MSG is only in low quality or preserved food.
      Fake nutrition, what are you on about, flavour enhancers aren't fake nutrition

ReputationRep:
      My local KFC at home is always busy so the food is always fresh, 3 piece variety meal with gravy :coma:

I like the Big Daddy burger as well but trying to get one at uni in Manchester is nigh on impossible given pretty much every one has gone Halal :mad:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by dnumberwang)
      Fake nutrition, what are you on about, flavour enhancers aren't fake nutrition
      A flavour enhancer can mask nutritional value because taste is based around you sensing nutritional value and personal preference of food.

You need water - your thirsty, you need protein - meat etc

MSG can make you think KFC is a good source of protein when it might not be because the flavour is enhanced making your body think its more meaty goodness that it is.

Because we all have good diets these cravings are not as obvious as they used to be but they are still there if you can be bothered to deprive yourself of something for a week or so and see how much you think about it in the last few days.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mau5)
      Partay!
      Yeah, I heard there's gonna be helium balloons and EVERYTHING

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by EggmanD)
      A flavour enhancer can mask nutritional value because taste is based around you sensing nutritional value and personal preference of food.

You need water - your thirsty, you need protein - meat etc

MSG can make you think KFC is a good source of protein when it might not be because the flavour is enhanced making your body think its more meaty goodness that it is.

Because we all have good diets these cravings are not as obvious as they used to be but they are still there if you can be bothered to deprive yourself of something for a week or so and see how much you think about it in the last few days.
      No, obviously nobody is delusional enough to think that KFC is actually a good source of nutrients, you don't need to blame it on a huge corporate conspiracy theory.

Still tastes awesome + i'd go so far as to say the guilt adds a little extra something

ReputationRep:
      I bloody love their gravy. Don't get me wrong, I like their chicken stuff too, but the gravy, oh the gravy! :coma:

ReputationRep:
      Obviously. Much love for KFC.

ReputationRep:
      KFC factory farm their chickens in the most horrible way. They overcrowd them so severely that they have to cut the beaks off their chicks so that they don't start to fight and peck each other. I don't know how anyone could face eating anything that comes from such an unsanitary, extremely cruel environment.

ReputationRep:
      Boneless bucket. :drool:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TheHyacinthGirl)
      KFC factory farm their chickens in the most horrible way. They overcrowd them so severely that they have to cut the beaks off their chicks so that they don't start to fight and peck each other. I don't know how anyone could face eating anything that comes from such an unsanitary, extremely cruel environment.
      Stool cory

It beats eating laboratory grown fungus anyway

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TheHyacinthGirl)
      Because it tastes amazing? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
      I haven't ventured into my local KFC since someone found some part of a mouse in their food!

I was never keen before that though to be honest.

ReputationRep:
      Arghh....screw you OP. Now I want a Bucket 'o Chicken!!!!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.