Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone else gone off junk food? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same. As a child we were rarely allowed to eat junk food, so when I got older and had my own money to spend I ate junk a lot more often. Now it's become boring and I'm indifferent to it.

ReputationRep:
    It's propably been a year since I've been to McDonalds last time. I sometimes eat chinese food, and very rarely a gluten-free pizza (don't know if you can get one in the UK?). But mostly just home-cooked food.

Recently I have also tried to eat less sweets or other junk you typically consume at home. Can't claim to have gone off completely, but usually prefer fruit or youghurt.

ReputationRep:
    Like it

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, this thread is just making me want a large quarter pounder meal from mcdonalds

ReputationRep:
    I never go to McDonald's, KFC etc. but I do go to Subway from time to time as it's so close to my uni and I know the meat is mechanically recovered and the dressings are so fattening; my new years resolution is going to be to stop eating out all together.

I come from a family where food plays a big part because of my culture and tbh I've got two siblings who are overweight and I have an obese uncle. I love them but it does hurt me to see them like that. I'm the slimmest in the family so it does make me aware of what I eat as I don't want to become unhealthy.

Does anyone have any healthy recipes? I'm at uni so I stay on campus most of the day and I do bring a sandwich and some nuts and loads of water but I do get peckish in between lectures and get tempted to buy from Subway or my student union so I think it'd be a good idea to make more than a sandwich and bring it with me on campus.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.