Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You are a LIFESAVER!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazinator360)
    Who is doing this exam - need help on

"describe an experiment that demonstrates Brownian Motion"
    "describe an electrical experiment to determine the specific heat capacity of a solid/liquid"

CAN ANYONE FIND REVISION NOTES AND A LIST OF DEFINITIONS FOR THIS EXAM

Good Luck All x
    Heres a revision pack i found online.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf25930642-Newtonian-World-Notes-G484-OCR-Physics-Robbie-Peck.pdf (333.0 KB, 497 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Hob)
    Anyone else think that thermal physics may be one of the dullest topics in the world?
    i completely agree - it's just so boring. plus the teacher i get for thermal physics isn't exactly the greatest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really hoping to get a good mark on this exam. A retake would have me doing it the day before I go to America with some friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magdaplaysbass)
    i completely agree - it's just so boring. plus the teacher i get for thermal physics isn't exactly the greatest.
    I agree, it is quite boring and our teacher taught it to us in a rush because we had to know it for our coursework which quite a lot of people in my class did really well in...apart from me man, I just hate the questions in the exam papers for this topic because you have to explain it all

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain 3 ways in which resonance is useful, and 3 ways in which it is a problem saying wot causes it to resonate. I know its in the book, but i cant understand how theyre thrasing it... i understand resonance in microwaves thats it :/

ReputationRep:
    you'll only need 1 good and 1 bad, as for a bad one, use the bridge which started to twist and bend, microwaves are obviously good.
    Another good one is instruments
    Bad ones, wine glasses, car wing mirrors, car rear view

Check a few mark schemes, it's always the same bog standard answer you need to memorise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teshnit)
    you'll only need 1 good and 1 bad, as for a bad one, use the bridge which started to twist and bend, microwaves are obviously good.
    Another good one is instruments
    Bad ones, wine glasses, car wing mirrors, car rear view

Check a few mark schemes, it's always the same bog standard answer you need to memorise

Thanks, yeh gonna start the past papers wen we go bk 2morrow, The thing i have most trouble with is wording wot i say especially for describing the specific heat capacity experinment

Wot do u guys think will come up this yr? hard to tell, almost everythin has come up in the past two papers Hope the question about pressure exterted on container walls comes up and the derivation of the orbital period T. But highly unlikley as it was on the june 2010 paper :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone link me to all available past papers, solomom papers, practice, whatever! There's like no practice material for this as far as I can see! Please quote me, will return the favour with some meaty rep .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poohba)
    I agree, it is quite boring and our teacher taught it to us in a rush because we had to know it for our coursework which quite a lot of people in my class did really well in...apart from me man, I just hate the questions in the exam papers for this topic because you have to explain it all
    aww, but you can redo the coursework, can't you? i know what you mean about the explaining questions - it just takes too long. plus we've only got one hour for the paper. that's why i prefer calculations, cause they're quicker

ReputationRep:
    Almost everyone in this thread is a Mock paper CHEATER LOOOL Hahahaha XD Let's Ace this exam now ppl =P

ReputationRep:
    this thread has died haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jahangir75)
    Heres a revision pack i found online.
    Thank you sooo much for these! Saves me time making them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViralRiver)
    Can anyone link me to all available past papers, solomom papers, practice, whatever! There's like no practice material for this as far as I can see! Please quote me, will return the favour with some meaty rep .
    Sorry Cannot help there but I am in the same situation. There is literally NOTHING online Where did all the past papers from previous years go?! I dont mind if its a new syllabus, the answers to questions dont change only the style of the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amani-puresapphire)
    Sorry Cannot help there but I am in the same situation. There is literally NOTHING online Where did all the past papers from previous years go?! I dont mind if its a new syllabus, the answers to questions dont change only the style of the paper
    My teacher told me it's literally impossible to use old spec past papers for this exam as it's completely changed. It would be very difficult to use the old ones simply because all the questions that we'd know how to answer are jumbled up with ones we can't do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sc0307)
    My teacher told me it's literally impossible to use old spec past papers for this exam as it's completely changed. It would be very difficult to use the old ones simply because all the questions that we'd know how to answer are jumbled up with ones we can't do.
    Ahh I see. Oh well, its not like I ace answering questions from the new spec anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    Crap, can't find any decent revision material. Does anyone have the paper + markscheme for the jan and june '10?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it's already been on here but this is the site I use:

http://www.drewett-gray.co.uk/alevel/index.htm

It's all of the old syllabus but if you go on FF&E you can find all of our topics there and select questions out of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViralRiver)
    Crap, can't find any decent revision material. Does anyone have the paper + markscheme for the jan and june '10?
    The jan markscheme's on the OCR website, I have the june one somewhere but not electronically :P any answer you particularly wanted to know?

ReputationRep:
    I don't even have the paper =\ . But thanks, I'll check the website for the jan paper.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.