Cheap car insurance.. Here's a CHEAT. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biker_boy_chris)
    Quinndirect:

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 2006 Model

Third Party Fire And Theft

£5909.97 . . . . .

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG -.- :/ *sigh*
    have you tried directline's website? That gave me the cheapest... and google cars in insurance groups 1-3ish because they're the cheapest ones, I dunno if being a 'grande' model makes a diff in the insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasman)
    have you tried directline's website? That gave me the cheapest... and google cars in insurance groups 1-3ish because they're the cheapest ones, I dunno if being a 'grande' model makes a diff in the insurance.
    Direct line will not insure me on ANY car because I am Under 21, But will insure me on a parents policy however this is a much more expensive option.

I have tried all of the cars in insurance group 1.

For example:
    Citroen C2 1.1
    Citroen C1 1.0
    Nissan Micra 1.0
    Fiat Punto Grande 1.2
    Vauxhaul Corsa Vegas 1.2
    Volkswagon Fox
    Citroen CV2 0.6
    Smart Fortwo 0.8
    Toyota Yaris 1.0
    Peugeot 107
    Fiat Panda
    Fiat Seciento 0.8
    Chevrolet/daewoo Matiz 0.8
    Austin Mini Cooper City

I've also tried some Group 2 cars + group 3.

Some listed below:
    Skoda Fabia 2000
    Citroën C3 2002
    Ford Fiesta 2002
    Kia Picanto 2004
    Seat Ibiza 2002
    Renault Clio 1998
    Citroën Saxo
    Honda Jazz
    Ford Ka
    Kia Rio
    Suzuki Swift 2005
    Volkswagen Lupo 1994 - 1999

Third Party Fire and theft.
    (Yes I've tried Fully Comp too!)
    The cheapest quote on the cheapest cars are:
    Nissan Micra 1.0 Ltr £1.993.54
    Citroen C2 1.1 Ltr £2.194.56
    Ford Ka 1.3 £2.241.86

:/

ReputationRep:
    I've found that insurance quotes as a Provisional Driver, (Which I am right now) are significantly CHEAPER.

£1.154.75 for the Citroen C2.

But when I get my full licence aparantly the insurance company will charge me the extra then. :/

I have also tried using a parent as a main driver, and vice versa, me the main driver and them named,

Wierdly.. It always seems to be more expensive -.-

ReputationRep:
    Where you live and where you keep the car are also big factors on price remember.

ReputationRep:
    Direct line will not insure me on ANY car because I am Under 21, But will insure me on a parents policy however this is a much more expensive option.

I have tried all of the cars in insurance group 1.

For example:
    Citroen C2 1.1
    Citroen C1 1.0
    Nissan Micra 1.0
    Fiat Punto Grande 1.2
    Vauxhaul Corsa Vegas 1.2
    Volkswagon Fox
    Citroen CV2 0.6
    Smart Fortwo 0.8
    Toyota Yaris 1.0
    Peugeot 107
    Fiat Panda
    Fiat Seciento 0.8
    Chevrolet/daewoo Matiz 0.8
    Austin Mini Cooper City

I've also tried some Group 2 cars + group 3.

Some listed below:
    Skoda Fabia 2000
    Citroën C3 2002
    Ford Fiesta 2002
    Kia Picanto 2004
    Seat Ibiza 2002
    Renault Clio 1998
    Citroën Saxo
    Honda Jazz
    Ford Ka
    Kia Rio
    Suzuki Swift 2005
    Volkswagen Lupo 1994 - 1999

Third Party Fire and theft.
    (Yes I've tried Fully Comp too!)
    The cheapest quote on the cheapest cars are:
    Nissan Micra 1.0 Ltr £1.993.54
    Citroen C2 1.1 Ltr £2.194.56
    Ford Ka 1.3 £2.241.86

:/
    well what i did was share my mum's car, so i got on her policy which made quite a bit of difference... but that does suck, insurance was such a bad experience lol, tbh anything like 1500 you should be happy with. if your mum/dad has a car, maybe get on their policy? there's not many other options for us under 21s i'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasman)
    well what i did was share my mum's car, so i got on her policy which made quite a bit of difference... but that does suck, insurance was such a bad experience lol, tbh anything like 1500 you should be happy with. if your mum/dad has a car, maybe get on their policy? there's not many other options for us under 21s i'm afraid
    I Live in Cardiff, South wales
    Postcode CF81

Also, With my fathers car....

My mother and him share it...

Its a 1.9Ltr Turbo Diesel VW Golf GT-TDI 0-0 ..... LOL No Chance?

ReputationRep:
    Okay here's the details I've been using.

Mr ****** ******

D.O.B. 17/04//1992
    CF81 9**
    Male
    FULL UK MANUAL
    Garaged at home
    up to 6000 miles annually
    Social and domestic use exc.commuting
    Licence held for 8 Months

Third Party fire and theft/Comprehensive
    Start date: 03/01/2011
    Voluntary excess MAXIMUM/£2000

No convictions/Penalites
    No disabilities
    No offenses
    Never declined insurance
    No previous claims
    No NCB

lol :/

ReputationRep:
    You got a quote for under £2000. Thats as good as you are going to get. When I passed, the cheapest quote I could find was £1800, so pretty much the same (I ended up not getting a car though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    You got a quote for under £2000. Thats as good as you are going to get. When I passed, the cheapest quote I could find was £1800, so pretty much the same (I ended up not getting a car though).
    What car was that on?

I've also got 1 years NCB on a Motorcycle, But im not sure If I can find ANY websites willing to accept it.

ReputationRep:
    What car was that on?

I've also got 1 years NCB on a Motorcycle, But im not sure If I can find ANY websites willing to accept it.
    A 1 litre Corsa (there was a couple I was looking at that were between 15 and 10 years old, and the qoutes were all roughly the same at £1800 ish).

ReputationRep:
    1997 Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 Ltr

Cheapest Quote Third Party Fire And Theft : £2726.00

Voluntary Excess : £500 (Max)
    Comoulsory Excess £250

0-0

ReputationRep:
    I Live in Cardiff, South wales
    Postcode CF81

Also, With my fathers car....

My mother and him share it...

Its a 1.9Ltr Turbo Diesel VW Golf GT-TDI 0-0 ..... LOL No Chance?
    ahhhh lol i see, it's complicated then... don't really have much choice then i spose :/ just gotta decide if that much money is worth you driving... (which i'm gonna be honest is flippin awesome... the freedom :borat:

ReputationRep:
    TBF mate that's probably not the best brainwave you've had.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I have not got a full UK licence yet however I am looking for cars/insurance in preparation for when I do have one (I am 17 years old). Basically, my brother used my mother's name on his insurance, and then crashed, which resulted in that being completely messed up. Furthermore, my father will not let me use his name on the insurance. (Yes I am aware that doing this is not allowed anyway, but it seems to be the general trend for young drivers.) So even when I search for quotes on cars such as a 1995 Ford Fiesta, with 1.1L/1.2L, I still end up with quotes ridiculous prices such as £5,000-£7,000! Can someone please give me some advice on this, it seems that I have looked everywhere. Thanks a lot.

(Original post by Hellogoodmorning)
      Hi everyone, I have not got a full UK licence yet however I am looking for cars/insurance in preparation for when I do have one (I am 17 years old). Basically, my brother used my mother's name on his insurance, and then crashed, which resulted in that being completely messed up. Furthermore, my father will not let me use his name on the insurance. (Yes I am aware that doing this is not allowed anyway, but it seems to be the general trend for young drivers.) So even when I search for quotes on cars such as a 1995 Ford Fiesta, with 1.1L/1.2L, I still end up with quotes ridiculous prices such as £5,000-£7,000! Can someone please give me some advice on this, it seems that I have looked everywhere. Thanks a lot.
      Ah yeah, that's alright then. If I was a magistrate I would totally buy that.

EDIT: just fyi, it's your brother that makes it so expensive

ReputationRep:
      Hey guys , check for marmalude insurance . If you are betwen 17 and 24 years and see if u find any cheaper way , ive been interested for a cheap car insurance but i didnt had the age , by the way i am paying around 200£ a month and an extra 150£ per month to buy 1000 miles . I had 6000 miles included in insurance policy now they ripping me off

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by adysoradytzu2)
      Hey guys , check for marmalude insurance . If you are betwen 17 and 24 years and see if u find any cheaper way , ive been interested for a cheap car insurance but i didnt had the age , by the way i am paying around 200£ a month and an extra 150£ per month to buy 1000 miles . I had 6000 miles included in insurance policy now they ripping me off
      You're error for accepting this rip off. Anyway, this thread is years old.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.