Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I'm bored and can be arsed tbh.

Sometimes every week, sometimes every other week and now and again once a month. But for sure I change them before I go on holiday - hmmmm nice new sheets is the best feeling, and I always get the best sleep.

ReputationRep:
      ...You're supposed to do it once every 1/2 weeks?

Ooops.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TheSownRose)
      Every day, and I only wear each set of clothing once.
      Seriously? You must either own shed loads of sheets or spend a fortune on washing powder.

I would like to change my sheets once a week, but I've just moved in with my boyfriend and we don't have many sheets yet (hoping Santa will bring some) and we don't have a tumble dryer so it would take a week for the bedding to dry, only to have to hang another set up for a week, and I don't want my house constantly filled with wet washing, it's bad enough as it is. So it's probably more like 3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by *Joanna*)
      Seriously? You must either own shed loads of sheets or spend a fortune on washing powder.
      I have twenty sets of bed clothes (sheets, pillowcases, etc) so yes, seriously.

(Original post by ArcaneAnna)
        Rights...well I've been having this discussion with vareous friends and family for a long time now...

How often do you change bedsheets??

I do mine once a week, ever week without fail. I also have mattress/pillow protectors, which go under the sheets, and these are washed every two weeks.

I presonally think it's absolutley disgusting when people leave theirs for upto a month. Two weeks is maybe still bearable, but not for me.

According to syrveys, in the UK, on average, 1 in 3 people change their bed linen only once ever 3 months! Gag, chuck.

I though it was pretty self explanatory why it needs to be done regularly? We wash clothing after one [max two] wears. But we sleep in our bed for upto 8hours a night, during which time you sweat quite considerable (according to research the average persons mattress soaks up 40litres of sweat every year).

So what are your views??
        Wash them every 2 weeks.
        Iron them too (washing at low temperaturecycle doesn't kill anything creepy crawly, ironing does)

But to be honest I mainly do it because I love the smell of fresh bed sheets. especially pillows (do those more often)

ReputationRep:
        Haha very very rarely. I hate clean sheets, they make me itch no matter which washing powder/liquid is used :/

ReputationRep:
        Every week when I'm at home. When I was in halls it was like every month (ooops) but I didn't sleep there at the weekends, so it wasn't TOO bad.

ReputationRep:
        Every two to three weeks, even though I don't sleep in my bed everyday.

ReputationRep:
        Every week, but that is just excessive.

2-3 weeks seem about right.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Freerider101)
        Thats saying that per night someone would sweat over 0.1 of a litre. Either the people in the survey 'wet the bed' or they're just so fat they're constantly sweating even with virtually no activity in which case I'd hate to see them even when they're just walking around.
        In 8 hours that seems entirely plausable, around 1 teaspoon's worth of sweat every hour.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Antifazian)
        Once a week without fail; pillow cases, duvet covers and mattress covers. I just don't like the idea of them being dirty.
        I agree. Once a week, always.

ReputationRep:
        About once a month.
        I sleep for two hours a night + Spend 3 nights a week at Grandparents house + Have 3 duvets.

Although if i have a boyfriend/girlfriend, i change them after they come round.

ReputationRep:
        Once a month, at most.
        • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
        It differs really, if I am bored then I will probably change them, providing a certain amount of time has passed.

I changed mine tonight actually, because I was bored and the last set was on for 6 weeks+. Ah well.

ReputationRep:
        it used to be
        sheets every week
        protectors every fortnight

then it became
        everything once a month

I now have a boyfriend that sweats a lot and it's
        sheets once a fortnight
        protectors whenever they look gross.

I wear my clothes until they look dirty or smell though and a lot of people think that's pretty gross.

ReputationRep:
        Definitely once a week, whether I'm at home or at uni. And that's duvet, pillowcase and sheets...that's more due to habit (it's what we always do at home) rather than them needing washing...I doubt I sweat much - if at all - as I am almost always cold!! In saying that, sometimes when I come home from uni at slightly different times, I might miss my usual 'laundry day', so I might leave the sheets on an extra day or two...and it instantly feels less hygienic - even if it's just a day over!

ReputationRep:
        lool, yeah mate - im with you. I have slight OCD when it commes to hygiene. I have 10 sets of betsheets. I change mine twice a week. Also i cannot get into bed without taking a shower :P

ReputationRep:
        once every two weeks... but i never sleep on one side of a pillow for more than 3/4 nights

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by loonyplatypus)
        Usually once a week, although I haven't done them this week because I've been too busy... don't judge me :p:
        Yuk...

Girls these days, seriously! :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.