Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    It really does vary. CRB provide 90% of Standard checks with 10 days, and 90% of Enhanced checks within 4 weeks. Typically, mine have taken between a week and a fortnight for Enhanced disclosures.
    Only had 2 Enhanced Disclosure done. 1 took 3 months. 1 took 5 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Real-One)
    Only had 2 Enhanced Disclosure done. 1 took 3 months. 1 took 5 months.
    OK?

ReputationRep:
    The CRB form defeats me. I run a wargames club and have had some CRB forms laying about for myself and the other committee members for ages now, and put simply I hate filling in forms. The same has happened with regards to our club bank account, the forms have been sitting half filled in for over a year now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peace0fM1nd)
    Just out of interest - what are the main things the school checks in your CRB? because I have a criminal record i.e. assualt and possession of a weapon and i'm just wondering if I want to go into teaching after graduation will this be a bid deal??
    If I was an employer I would be more worried about the fact you were charged for possession of a weapon rather than the assault charge; and the weapon thing was something you did not touch upon that in your explanation. If possession means something like a knife then even if the assault charge was for self-defence I do not think many schools will be sympathetic at all, because it implies pre-mediation of the act and the issue of self-defence becomes increasingly unlikely.

I would seriously consider your options, because I am fairly certain that your criminal record will always show (even if it is spent) on an enhanced CRB, and this is the type a school will always ask for. Try and get some more specific advice about this from the type of training provider and school you would like to work in.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peace0fM1nd)
    thank you - and after this i lost all faith (not that i had any in the first place) in the 'justice' system, although i dont regret it, hopefully it clearly taught them a lesson they stay well away from that person now. shall i just be upfron and honest in all my interviews, what dya think?
    Hi Peace,

You *might* get a place on a PGCE but I don't think you would ever manage to secure a teaching job with this conviction. I certainly would never appoint anyone who had carried out an act of vengeful violence as an adult (whatever the circumstances). It would present too much of a personal risk to the Headteacher because, if you went on to reoffend, he or she would certainly be forced to resign.

I am concerned that you say you do not regret your actions. Whatever career you eventually decide to follow, I suggest that you at least pretend to be remorseful or they will not touch you with a bargepole.

Good luck,

Mr M

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.